SportsWrath

Giants co-owner John Mara said

Lughead

Coughlin's future might be left to the team's new general manager. Ernie Accorsi is retiring after this season, but it's more likely Mara and co-owner Steve Tisch will made a decision before then.

If the ownership is making a decision before a new GM gets a chance to come in, then I see one of two scenarios:

1. The new GM is in-house and has already signed off on another year of TC.

2. The ownership isn't waiting for a new out-of-house GM to want TC gone and are giving that new out-of-house GM an already vacant spot to work with.

It wouldn't seem right for ownership to keep TC without consulting the new GM...the GM should at least have some say in the matter.

Personally I am rooting for #2.

According to Mike and Mike in the morning, "the Giants have asked for permission to speak to Scott Pioli about the GM position. Apparently, his current management role is GM-like, but doesn't have the full authority, so this wouldn't be a lateral move (which he couldn't make anyways).

If he could be lured away, then the whole situation could be turned upside down. I think we need to keep TC. I think Tim Lewis needs to go because he only gets enough performance out of his teams to keep his job, not earn his job or better.

We need a major overhaul of our D and our WR core. I would love Pioli, but this may be a family affair, let us all hope that the new guard doesn't run this into the ground.