SportsWrath

Farewell Tiki

Dragon

question, what was so funny at the end of the game that he was laughing at? I lost a lot of respect for him this year. Why did he need to retire in the middle of the season? Was it to get more money for his TV deal? Why doesn't he care about one more year to make himself worthy of the hall of fame?

For some reason one of my memories of him is going to be Akers about to end the Giants season and Tiki is on the sidelines laughing at something. Have fun with TV.

:cwy::( :bye: :worshippy:

We'll never forget what you've done for this team.

I'll never forget the way he sat on the bench just waiting for his career to end.

Goodbye Tiki, you were great, but pretty unprofessional at the end.

question, what was so funny at the end of the game that he was laughing at? I lost a lot of respect for him this year. Why did he need to retire in the middle of the season? Was it to get more money for his TV deal? Why doesn't he care about one more year to make himself worthy of the hall of fame?

For some reason one of my memories of him is going to be Akers about to end the Giants season and Tiki is on the sidelines laughing at something. Have fun with TV.

He announced his retirement during the season because he wanted the networks to know he'd be avaliable next year. Don't let anybody tell you different. Tiki was a great player for the Giants, but I've really lost a lot of respect for him this year, as well. His smile at the end of the game was the icing on the cake.

He announced his retirement during the season because he wanted the networks to know he'd be avaliable next year. Don't let anybody tell you different. Tiki was a great player for the Giants, but I've really lost a lot of respect for him this year, as well. His smile at the end of the game was the icing on the cake.

Yeah I thought his speech about being outcoached last year was spot on....however this year it has been more about his future than the team. Shit Barry Sanders waited till the end of the season to say he had enough....and nobody could ding the guy for it...afterall he is the one taking the lumps (as few as they were because more men missed him than hit him). For Tiki is was all very calculating and something very fake and cheesy about the way things came about. Obviously he is not one of those cut me and I bleed blue kind of Giants which is kind of sad. Would have loved to see him go out more gracefully than he did. ;)

exactly. This year was a selfish year for him.

:cwy::( :bye: :worshippy:

We'll never forget what you've done for this team.

I have mixed feelings. I'm not sure I'm ready to say goodbye to him. Maybe I'm upset with him for the way he handled this alleged retirement.. mabye I won't know how good he is till he's gone.. or maybe I never believed he's really retiring. I've suspected all along that he was ticked off with the way TC treats his players and he proved me right in today's interview. Having said that, I'm waiting to hear that TC is fired and Tiki is staying.

He was superb for us, but him saying he didn't feel a thing for a division rival killed it for me.

If you don't feel a thing, why wait til the end of the season to retire?

Then with the media, he tried to assure everyone he was fired up for big games.

So which was it guy?

It took 40+ years to get Frank Gifford`s number to be retired, whats the over/under on Tiki`s?

a free agent CB from Tuskegee will be wearing his jersey in training camp next year. Sooner or later the Giants will admit they are pissed he is bailing and hand out the #.