SportsWrath

Official: Yankees trade Johnson back to the D-Backs

jranieli

According to Sweeny Murti on WFAN, the Yankees have traded Randy Johnson back to the D’Backs in exchange for Luis Vizcaino and minor leaguers RHP Steven Jackson, RHP Ross Ohlendorf and OF Alberto Gonzalez.
quoted from Metsblog

Im pissed. I thought Cashman would get Micah "so horny" Owings. Thats who I really wanted.

This trade is ok, it has some upside for us..but not immediately and only if they sign clemens. The Yankees have 4, maybe 5 pitchig prospects that are significantly better than Ohendorf...but, we just cut a fuck load of salary.

I think it was to free up money for Clemens...then its a great move. It would have been a great deal if Owings was included and we didnt get Clemens...but since there was no Owings, this deal is just ok......for now that is.

I wouldt be surorised if Cash is planning on shipping some of these prospects he's acquired this off season to the Cubs in August for Zambrano

Im pissed. I thought Cashman would get Micah "so horny" Owings. Thats who I really wanted.

This trade is ok, it has some upside for us..but not immediately and only if they sign clemens. The Yankees have 4, maybe 5 pitchig prospects that are significantly better than Ohendorf...but, we just cut a fuck load of salary.

I think it was to free up money for Clemens...then its a great move. It would have been a great deal if Owings was included and we didnt get Clemens...but since there was no Owings, this deal is just ok......for now that is.

I wouldt be surorised if Cash is planning on shipping some of these prospects he's acquired this off season to the Cubs in August for Zambrano

Johnson cant dominate anybody anymore. He's like a guaranteed 5-6 IP with giving up about 5 runs against a good team. When he goes to the NL and he's pitching against inferior lineups he will be a good pitcher again. However, we have a little bit if a higher standard here for a guy making 16 million dollars. This is a great trade for the Yankees that opens the door for one of the young guys. It gives them more prospects. Ohendorf isn't bad and the fact that our AAA roation doesn't have enough room for him is a great sign for the farm system. The money we saved is going right towards Clemens and if not, it's not like we dont have anybody who can handle the 5th starter role.

It's an ok trade

An ok trade? As someone mentioned earlier, it's astounding that the Yankees actually got living, breathing humans in return for this guy. He's an old mess, and he's due to make 16 million dollars next year, 15 million of it being paid by a team whosde management should be embarrassed. This is a coup for the Yankees.

An ok trade? As someone mentioned earlier, it's astounding that the Yankees actually got living, breathing humans in return for this guy. He's an old mess, and he's due to make 16 million dollars next year, 15 million of it being paid by a team whosde management should be embarrassed. This is a coup for the Yankees.

Yah, the Diamondbacks were willing to screw themselves over to get Johnson and boost their own ticket sales. I think that the Yankees are some damn lucky bastards. I don't want you to get Clemens at all.

Diamondbacks spend 15 million, Luis Vizcaino and minor leaguers RHP Steven Jackson, RHP Ross Ohlendorf and OF Alberto Gonzalez to get Randy Johnson...that's pretty much what it boils down too. Ucks.

OH RED SOX FANS, DO NOT SIT HERE WITH A STRAIGHT FACE AND TELL ME THE DIAMONBACKS GAVE THE YANKEES A GIFT. I'LL TELL YOU A FUCKING GIFT. THEY GAVE YOU SCHILLING FOR CASEY FOSSUM AND ASKED THE YANKS FOR SORIANO ANNNNDDDD NICK JOHNSON.

OH RED SOX FANS, DO NOT SIT HERE WITH A STRAIGHT FACE AND TELL ME THE DIAMONBACKS GAVE THE YANKEES A GIFT. I'LL TELL YOU A FUCKING GIFT. THEY GAVE YOU SCHILLING FOR CASEY FOSSUM AND ASKED THE YANKS FOR SORIANO ANNNNDDDD NICK JOHNSON.

Haha, they did, and that was quite the steal. Thing is, Schilling was convinced to come here as well. But despite that, you got a deal as well. All in all, the Diamondbacks management is up there with that of the Nationals, Pirates, and now Giants...not good at all.

Umm...who said "The Diamondbacks gave the Yanks a steal and they never give anyone else a good deal!", or "Why do the Yankees always get these good deals?". The thread is about the Randy Johnson trade, and the Yankees did, in fact, get a great deal.

Seriously, Plow, you should put a little more thought into your posts.

Haha, they did, and that was quite the steal. Thing is, Schilling was convinced to come here as well. But despite that, you got a deal as well. All in all, the Diamondbacks management is up there with that of the Nationals, Pirates, and now Giants...not good at all.

you'd have to put the red sox in that group for paying 100 mill for a prayer pitcher.

you'd have to put the red sox in that group for paying 100 mill for a prayer pitcher.

I'm just waiting to see your face when our prayers are answered.

And Plow, you know for a fact that these guys are above average so stop trying to look cool in front of blunatic and actually look at things logically.

Yeah. How about not our kinda pitcher. Too average.

lorf grouped giants mgmt in with pittsburgh and washington. a mgmt team who bought their own park without public money and turn a profit every year. i'm just swiping at him for that. and you know he's better than average, stop the crazy talk.

And before anyone goes "you`re a Mets fan, look at your rotation"

Yes, it`s extremely old, yes we are missing our best starter untill August and young at the same time.

1. Tom Glavine- Will win his 300th game as a New York Met, one of the best pitchers of our era.

2. Orlando Hernandez- Old as Moses, was on and off last year, rubber arm.

3. John Maine- He`ll eat your children, thats all I have to say.

4. Oliver Perez- Pitched his way with his brillant game 7 performance in the NLCS, could be a sleeper and a steal.

5. I have no idea yet, could be any number of people. Mike Pelfrey/Philip Humber/Alay Soler, only God knows, and I don`t think he even knows yet.

Barry Zito an average pitcher?

What are guys like Matt Clement and Josh Beckett then?

Haha, I love fights. I'm willing to back up my claim that the Giants have bad management...spending way too much money on veterans at the end of their careers instead of trying to go the young route. I guess they have to give it one last hurrah for as long as they have Bonds but they're soon gonna start falling to the prospect led Diamondbacks and the Dodgers and Padres who are in much better shape. I'm sorry, but the Giants farm system is in poor shape and what they're doing now isn't helping...signing four type A and a type B free agent.

Zito is far from average but he isn't nearly as good as Boras makes him out to be. Every single "expert" has given so many reasons why this is one of the worst deals in Giants history...honestly, they shelled out a record amount, the highest contract EVER for a pitcher for Barry Zito. He's a good pitcher, I'll say that, but not worth that sort of money or commitment. I really think the Giants should rebuild as soon as Bonds is gone but the presence of Zito isn't going to help that.

And Clement is average while Beckett has great talent but no brains. The average era for starters normally evens out at about 4.50.

Zito is far from average but he isn't nearly as good as Boras makes him out to be.

No one is worth what Boras makes them out to be.

I`m not trying to fight anyone, but saying Barry Zito is just an average pitcher is stupid, granted he isn`t worth 126 million dollars. (is anyone worth that much money for playing a sport.)

And Clement is average while Beckett has great talent but no brains. The average era for starters normally evens out at about 4.50.

Doesn`t matter, John Maine who lives in a Ramada in Flushing, Queens will eat your children.