SportsWrath

lol Inept right to the very end

mickeef2

I think it was a risky call but it was to give BJ a chance to get into the endzone... he had a TD if he wasnt dragged down by his face mask. It was the type of call that could show a player the coaching staff is behind you..... But the Giants have been able to fuck up anything.

I wanted them to score on the first snap. When they didn't, I think they did the right thing.

I also read something in this thread about the Giants finishing it off the way they would by fighting. Well, the scumbag Skins weren't exactly playing patty-cake through the final snaps. THey were firing off the ball like they were going to touch Eli down. Of course it's going to get a little chippy. So long as no flags were thrown, let 'em bark.

I think it was a risky call but it was to give BJ a chance to get into the endzone... he had a TD if he wasnt dragged down by his face mask. It was the type of call that could show a player the coaching staff is behind you..... But the Giants have been able to fuck up anything.

No, that was the play before. The run and the facemask gave them a first down, at which point all they had to do was sit on the ball, yet they ran it again. You could see Coughlin asking Gilbride what the hell he was doing.

The point is if you hand it off, there’s a chance to fumble. A lot of you are too young to remember the Joe Pisarcik hand off years ago in a sure win that we lost... against the Eagles, of all teams.

Besides, what was the point in running up the score and pissing people off?

No, that was the play before. The run and the facemask gave them a first down, at which point all they had to do was sit on the ball, yet they ran it again. You could see Coughlin asking Gilbride what the hell he was doing.

I think they ran it again to give BJ a chance to shove it down the redskins throat for the face mask. After they took the first knee people started brawling anyway, it was probably not a bad Idea to get some aggression out.

I think they ran it again to give BJ a chance to shove it down the redskins throat for the face mask.

With this coaching staff, and only with this coaching staff, that explanation would make a lot of sense. I don't care if they raped your sister- you take a knee and go home.

The point is if you hand it off, there’s a chance to fumble. A lot of you are too young to remember the Joe Pisarcik hand off years ago in a sure win that we lost... against the Eagles, of all teams.

Besides, what was the point in running up the score and pissing people off?

Interesting you say that, Collinsworth was saying the same thing when they started taking a knee...

Something along the lines of "wanting to avoid the Pisarcik and Csonka moment..."

1st down, 1:30 left in the game, a six point lead, Skins have no timeouts left. What do we do? We hand the ball off.

I never remember you slamming the Red Sox when they foul up or frustrate. Perhaps you have more than one level of fan loyalty? I mean if such a thing exists. And it isn't just this one post, there appears to be a theme throughout the season of you throwing the proverbial baby out with the bath water. Prhaps you will reflect on this for the new year.

Our 4th quarter game plans suck. Why the hell are we running Jacobs to the 1 then taking a knee? And you know what, I wouldn't be that pissed if we lost 35-34 because the FO would realize how fucking stupid not going for 2 was and those idiots would all be gone today.

They better be let loose. I don't care if we win the super bowl. :LMAO:

exactly. we can all thank tiki for this win (and if coughlin gets an extension :brooding: ). between running the ball that last time and not going for two, there's really not much more than can be said for this team. im glad people are finally willing to criticize this guy even when we win, it's clear he's in over his head as an NFL coach

I agree. Honestly, I'm still hoping that Coughlin will go all Lombardi on us and turn his shit around but it's not happening.

Anybody reasonable in the Giants FO , should be looking at this season as a whole and say right now, that change needs to be made next season, because if the Giants do well in the post season, it will be because of the players we have and not the coaching. And the NFC is so shitty that it very well could happen that we can beat Philly, they aren't that fucking good and we've already beaten them there. The issue is can this team progress under Coughlin. Well going from 11-5 to 8-8 isn't progression, and he's making it clear he can't do better.

Comparisons to Billick make no sense. Ozzie Newsome drafts good players and sets Billicks table for him. Billick was one 8-8 season from getting fired this year.

Where did I compare him to Billick? I'm saying he will get reprimanded and given one more chance a la Billick. As far as talented players, I think the Giants have comparable talent to the Ravens. Just a case of diminished returns.