SportsWrath

Interesting Stats

NeMesiS

The Saints' 18-play touchdown drive against the Giants matched the longest TD drive in the NFL this year. The only other 18-play drive was by the Houston Texans -- also against the Giants, also at Giants Stadium and also going into the west end zone. Both drives were capped with two-yard touchdowns.

The Giants had no offensive plays across the 50-yard-line, the first time in six years a team did not run a play in the opposing team's side of the field. Giants head coach Tom Coughlin was also involved in one of the other two instances of this, when he was head coach of the Jaguars. In 2000, the Browns had no snaps in Jacksonville territory. Also in 2000, the Bears didn't have any snaps across midfield in a loss to the 49ers.

In their loss to the Saints, the Giants allowed both Reggie Bush and Deuce McAllister to rush for at least 100 rushing yards, the first time two running backs have rushed for 100 yards or more against the Giants in the same game in 28 years. The last time it happened was Dec. 17, 1978, when Wilbert Montgomery (130) and Mike Hogan (100) both did it for the Eagles.

God I love this team. They never seem to embarrass me... :rock:

In their loss to the Saints, the Giants allowed both Reggie Bush and Deuce McAllister to rush for at least 100 rushing yards, the first time two running backs have rushed for 100 yards or more against the Giants in the same game in 28 years. The last time it happened was Dec. 17, 1978, when Wilbert Montgomery (130) and Mike Hogan (100) both did it for the Eagles.

God I love this team. They never seem to embarrass me... :rock:

Well, if I was going to restore Giant's football, I would have probably picked a different era... :doh:

If we're real lucky, maybe they'll do something this week that will bring up the names Bill Bergey and Harold Charmicael, because though I may be twitching, I might not be twitching enough. :freaked:

Well, if I was going to restore Giant's football, I would have probably picked a different era... :doh:

If we're real lucky, maybe they'll do something this week that will bring up the names Bill Bergey and Harold Charmicael, because though I may be twitching, I might not be twitching enough. :freaked:

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

Was that what TC meant by bring back Giants football? Bring back mid-60's to late 70's Giants football?