SportsWrath

ELI

Lughead

First off I have never paid attention to teams that run a "West coast offense" I dont know much if anything about a WCO. the only thing I THINK a WCO is, is an offense geared more toward throwing the ball more and is quicker paced .

can some one enlighten me on the differences when I first heard the term WCO I thougt it was just because the SF49'ers ran that offense

the only reason I mentioned Eli is that hear that he would be better suited in a WCO but how could this be ? or would this explain his good 4th quarter play in the past? did they run a WCO in ole'Miss?

Not sure about all that, but one thing I have to say about Eli is that it was very, very disappointing to see him not make an effort at that ball that was on the turf after the botched snap. He didn't have any interest at all in throwing his body on it, and that's alarming. He just looks defeated. One thing you could always say about him is that he always gave an effort and never blamed anybody else. Now even he looks like it's all gotten to him. We are up Shit Creek.

Not sure about all that, but one thing I have to say about Eli is that it was very, very disappointing to see him not make an effort at that ball that was on the turf after the botched snap. He didn't have any interest at all in throwing his body on it, and that's alarming. He just looks defeated. One thing you could always say about him is that he always gave an effort and never blamed anybody else. Now even he looks like it's all gotten to him. We are up Shit Creek.

I have been one of the biggest Eli supporters. He has shown great ability at times and much promise. Its early in his career, etc. But he's startin to woryy me. He looks like a retarded little kid with no energy. I agree w/ ya mickeef.

Never mind.

No, what do you mean, "YOU PEOPLE?" Huh??? Just because we are Giant fans, do we have to be treated differently? Im so sick of all the racist crap goin on in the world, ...you people. We are humans, just like the rest of population, I mean, just because of our color, BLUE, do we have to be referred to as..."YOU PEOPLE??"

:P

No, what do you mean, "YOU PEOPLE?" Huh??? Just because we are Giant fans, do we have to be treated differently? Im so sick of all the racist crap goin on in the world, ...you people. We are humans, just like the rest of population, I mean, just because of our color, BLUE, do we have to be referred to as..."YOU PEOPLE??"

:P

Giants fans are not considered a "race'.

you need precise accuracy in the short-intermediate passing game for the WCO... A.K.A. Eli is not the perfect candidate for it :brooding:

I dont know, I've seen Eli be pretty effective in the 4th qurater when trailing. When het directed comebacks, there were alot of short precise passes. Thats pretty much what the WCO is. I think the WCO would be a good fit for someone who plays better in the crunch.

WCO is short 3 step quick realse passes by the qb with good recievers that can break tackels no OLD Miss did not run it

No, Ole Miss didnt run it, but I actually think, if implemented, Eli would succeed in it. When he has time, it seems like he stinks. Go figure. <_<

The giants almost run a West Coast Offense.... Think about it- almost every game has been more passes then running plays. Majority of the passing game is short routes with an occasional play downfield, but for the most part it is a suck ass control passing game and a shifty running game.

The GIANTS and Eli would be much better served with a power running game and a vertical passing game that stretches the field... How they hell do you use Tim "couldn't catch cancer in a Phillip Morris Factory" Carter as a possession receiver? Fasted man in the league and he is coming across the middle :furious:

the west coast offense replaces running plays with quick, short passes...the WCO would be a colossal waste of Eli's talent, since it is more suited for weak-armed QBS that need simple reads and outlets to the running back...you don't draft a QB #1 overall to run a WCO, since you can pretty much insert anybody smart enough to run it and they don't have to be physically talented...look at Drew Brees...he doesn't run a pure WCO, but it's similar....his numbers look great because all he does is throw swing passes to Reggie Bush....the short pass is Eli's weakness and he can't hit a swing pass to Tiki if his life depended on it.....

the west coast offense replaces running plays with quick, short passes...the WCO would be a colossal waste of Eli's talent, since it is more suited for weak-armed QBS that need simple reads and outlets to the running back...you don't draft a QB #1 overall to run a WCO, since you can pretty much insert anybody smart enough to run it and they don't have to be physically talented...look at Drew Brees...he doesn't run a pure WCO, but it's similar....his numbers look great because all he does is throw swing passes to Reggie Bush....the short pass is Eli's weakness and he can't hit a swing pass to Tiki if his life depended on it.....

His short passes are better than his long, look how many times he underthrew Plax.

you mean the one TD where it was AGAINST strong wind gusts?

Dont you know he should be able to launch it 50 yards into a 30 mph wind and split the pubic hairs of a deaf mute.... anything less is unacceptable from a number one draft pick :furious: They should bench him for some fat lefite fuck that has not thrown a NFL pass

The problem, in my opinion, is not whether we need to run the WCO or not. I think we should be versatile enough to adjust our gameplan if the opposing D got our #. I think our philosophy should favor the run in order to open up the passing lanes and run the play action pass. Yes, we need to pick up the tempo as well.

I'm still an Eli supporter and will never give up on him. Not when he lacks receivers who can run routes, get seperation, and give 100% on every play.