SportsWrath

"Fire Coughlin"

Nas

Courtesy of my section. I think we were the first ones to chant.

Pappa, Banks and Lynch started commenting on you guys a 1/3 of the way through the 3rd quarter. I was saying to myself what took so long. It was obvious from the beginning that there was one coach playing to win whereas the other was playing not to lose. Coach Cheer Leader must go!

At the beginning of the game a fellow was talking about how a much of a better crowd was there than previous games then he went on chanting

"I love holiday games... cause all the old people stay home"

After the mauling began to be clear he said "Coughlin wanted us to get load, let's do it!" And started the "Fire Coughlin" it took about 10 times for anyone else to do it and then the entire section did it which became the entire teir and then the whole stadium.

Terrible display. This team had a lot going.

Coughlin should get fired, but at the same time, he says a lot of the right things. I agree with Tiki's one comment after the game about things not translating onto the field. That's where this situation gets a little sticky as far as whether Coughlin will stay or go. Coughlin preaches discipline and smarts, but it doesn't carry over to the field. At what point do you blame the players for not paying attention or following their coaching?

Coughlin should get fired, but at the same time, he says a lot of the right things. I agree with Tiki's one comment after the game about things not translating onto the field. That's where this situation gets a little sticky as far as whether Coughlin will stay or go. Coughlin preaches discipline and smarts, but it doesn't carry over to the field. At what point do you blame the players for not paying attention or following their coaching?

At what point does a coach leave a LT on the field who feels it is acceptable to "bop" someone here and there?

I see your point but Mr. Discipline does a piss poor job of it when his team is on the field, and he treats the players like little children off the field. What makes the matter worse is that they are emotionally juvenille, so you do kind of have to handle them with kids gloves....which means when they do something good on the field show you are happy, don't keep marching up and down the sideline with a scowl on your face that would send the Grinch running!

At what point does a coach leave a LT on the field who feels it is acceptable to "bop" someone here and there?

I see your point but Mr. Discipline does a piss poor job of it when his team is on the field, and he treats the players like little children off the field. What makes the matter worse is that they are emotionally juvenille, so you do kind of have to handle them with kids gloves....which means when they do something good on the field show you are happy, don't keep marching up and down the sideline with a scowl on your face that would send the Grinch running!

If he takes Whitfield out who does he have to replace him with? I think Whitfield knows that and is exploiting it to the fullest.

After seeing the last couple of years of worth of this team, the most damaging statement to fuck up the team came from Tiki when he stated the Giants were outcoached. I am glad he is leaving...the veterans have been more damaging to this team then the rookies have...

If he takes Whitfield out who does he have to replace him with? I think Whitfield knows that and is exploiting it to the fullest.

After seeing the last couple of years of worth of this team, the most damaging statement to fuck up the team came from Tiki when he stated the Giants were outcoached. I am glad he is leaving...the veterans have been more damaging to this team then the rookies have...

Glad...Tiki...is...leaving? Alright douchebag you just showed your true colors. Take Tom's cock out of your mouth and take a look at the big picture.

Who do you replace him with? The Giants were down already and out of the game, MAKE A STATEMENT! Move McKenzie to LT, Diehl to RT, and put Ruegamer in at RG. Not the best line but it makes a statement.

God forbid Tiki speak the truth. The Giants are consistently outcoached because Tom and Friends uses the same damn gameplan each week, a pathetically predictable and defeatable plan that they think will work against any team. Tom and Friends are stuck in the stone-age, and if management keeps them they are too.

Wellington was great, but he was also OLD and entrenched in his ways, which is why he went out and got another old and entrenched coach.

It is time for the organization to realize this is the 21st century, and there is a new brand of football out there. Look at the Saints! Last years joke this years champs.

Similar to what some others have said, we didn't have any other choice than to have Whitfield in the game. Maybe Coughlin doesn't treat the players like they would like to be treated. They don't play like he wants them to play, so maybe we should just call that even. Either way, it's dysfunctional and not working. And when things don't work, things need to change. Part of that change, at the bare minimum, should be the offensive/defensive coordinators. Yes, it's Coughlin's responsibility to choose quality assistants and I fault him completely for that. I could stomach cutting our defensive coordinator a LITTLE slack due to personnel not living up to expectations (G. Wilson, C. Webster, W. Joseph, etc.). But the offense has been abysmal at best. Tiki is retiring and some major changes in gameplanning and playcalling needs to happen. Tiki is what, like 50% of our offense...gone. Not good considering our quarterback puts up 19 yards after the first drive against one of the league's worst pass defenses.

This team is not winning the superbowl under Coughlin and his assistants.

I'll be rooting for Washington this weekend, which goes against everything I believe in, for two reasons.

1. I am a realist. We are not the same as the Steelers last year. We're not going to win the superbowl going in as the 6th seed. We'd be more than lucky to get out of the first round. Because of this, more losses now equate to a higher draft pick. Yes, it's time to bag the season regardless of what possiblilities exist.

2. Coughlin needs to go and I just don't see this organization having the balls to kick the guy out after he takes them to the playoffs. A win puts us in the playoffs. A loss, and this team is home watching the playoffs. This team quit on Fassel and has now quit on Coughlin. Fassel got fired because this team quit. Hopefully the same will happen with Coughlin. And when it comes time to get a new coach, one who is able to help guide young quarterbacks might not be a bad way to go.

I think it was the post who after last weeks abortion of a football game.. said Another nail in the Coughlin.....

A new coaching staff and a rebuilt offense is what this team needs.... If Huff is going to rebuild this offense without Tiki next season will be the worst in the history of the New York Giants...