SportsWrath

Eli a bust or just a product of being misused by this atrocious coaching staff?

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

He's average. It's just that his last name is Manning.

Average arm strength, average decision making, slightly below average accuracy, average to slightly below leadership skills.

He'll be an average QB in this league. Lots of them have won Superbowls (Rypien, Dilfer, etc.), and maybe we can with Manning, but he'll never be his brother. Hell, he'll never be Donovan McNabb.

He's a third round pick if his last name is "Jones."

coaching staff. the guy's been great when he's making plays on his own, but when it comes time to stick to this staff's gameplan or run the plays that are called then forget it, he's got nothing to work with. it's no coincidence this guy is usually better at the end of the game when he has more say in what play to call

Average arm strength, average decision making, slightly below average accuracy, average to slightly below leadership skills.

He'll be an average QB in this league. Lots of them have won Superbowls (Rypien, Dilfer, etc.), and maybe we can with Manning, but he'll never be his brother. Hell, he'll never be Donovan McNabb.

I would agree with average arm strength and slightly below average accuracy, but I think he is a good decision maker 90% of the time- part of the problem is this offense does not give him a lot of GOOD decisions to make.

It is hard to be a great leader when you come into a team loaded with Veterans (Some potential HOF'ers) some GIANT personalities. If he is still the Humble kid in 5 years from now I would be shocked.

He will never be his brother.... Not in NY. I gurantee he has more Superbowl Championships then his brother when all is said and done.

He has the capability to be a pro-Bowl QB.

Dead on! (IMO)!

Could not agree more. Although, given his college career, I'd say that he deserved to be a 1st round pick (just a 1st round pick, not the boatload of shit we gave up for him) at the time. His worth now, is more that of a 3rd round pick.

What do we wanna do?(as fans??)...What do we wanna do about a Mechanically messed up QB that makes bad desicions? A TE that acts like a jackass 75% of the time. A WR that acts Prima Donna but lacks the skills of a Marvin Harrison or Chad Johnson? Or lacks the class of a Toomer?

What can we do as fans about a weak ass secondary? What can we do about the stiffs at OLB? The conditioning of this team year after year? Injuries!!!

Is it healthy to keep watching loss after loss? Is it healthy to keep hoping that this team will put TWO 11-5 seasons together? 3 years in a row of 7-9,8-8,9-7 then 11-5....back to 8-8??? When are we gonna get tired of the old cliche saying that "this team has all the right players to win a Supebowl". I never believed it and Tiki didn't either. He might have said he beleived it BUT if he TRULY believed it he'd stay on for a couple more years.

Anyway, what are we to do?

Huff cannot call a smooth 15 play drive, let alone a full game.

He is the most inconsistent person at calling plays ever, he is pass happy as hell.

And the wrong kind of passes at that...long bombs as opposed to a controlled passing game.

Right now we are going through an extended period of what I refer to as 90's NY Knick Syndrome. Good enough to be in the mix usually...good enough to get to the big game/show sometime...but definitely not good enough to win it all. I think the ownership/management are okay with the general trend that this team has followed over the past 15 years. As long as there are not back to back 3-13 seasons...its steady as she goes.

peyton manning is unbelievable. i watched him last night in awe. his field presence, decision making, team management, clock management. Did you see last night before the first Q expired, instead of running off to the sidelines, he lines the team up and tries to get a cheap 5 yards by drawing the other team offsides. Constant pressure, the guy is easily the best QB since Elway and maybe even better ...

I think when everyone (including Eli himself) stops expecting him to be Peyton, he just may become a very good QB.

Right now we are going through an extended period of what I refer to as 90's NY Knick Syndrome. Good enough to be in the mix usually...good enough to get to the big game/show sometime...but definitely not good enough to win it all. I think the ownership/management are okay with the general trend that this team has followed over the past 15 years. As long as there are not back to back 3-13 seasons...its steady as she goes.
The ownership of the Giants cares only for their bank accounts. :clap: As long as the stadium is sold out for every game and the list of people wanting season tickets is years long, they will do nothing to give the fans a super bowl winning team. They will employ, as GM's, individuals who have shit for brains and they with the GM, employ coaches that could not effectively coach a JV team of a small high school. :furious:

The ownership of the Giants cares only for their bank accounts. :clap: As long as the stadium is sold out for every game and the list of people wanting season tickets is years long, they will do nothing to give the fans a super bowl winning team. They will employ, as GM's, individuals who have shit for brains and they with the GM, employ coaches that could not effectively coach a JV team of a small high school. :furious:

That's such tired old uninformed bullshit. The Giant ownership want a winning team as much as we do.

eli is not the problem of this team at all. He's one of the few positives. The playcalling sucks. Eli is far ahead of where he should be at this point in his career. He's better than I thought he would be.

I mean we have 1st and goal twice, and we run the ball with Tiki up the middle, idiotic.

How about let's watch him play more than 2 and a half seasons?

Trust me...you be saying the same shit come 2010.

*Oh give Eli a chance*

*Eli doesn't have the personell around him to win it all*

*Coaching staff/Playcalling is ruining Eli*

When will the tired cliches end??? I hope I am wrong BUT I just don't see Eli getting much better than the present time Eli. :cwy::(

coaching staff. the guy's been great when he's making plays on his own, but when it comes time to stick to this staff's gameplan or run the plays that are called then forget it, he's got nothing to work with. it's no coincidence this guy is usually better at the end of the game when he has more say in what play to call

Agreed...

After watching Eli pull himself out of a slump and the consistent awful playcalling and coaching on both sides of the ball...it's the coaches. I would love to see a competent coaching staff with Eli and all the weapons we have.

We need another playmaker on offense. The fact that 52 yards is our longest pass play of the year says we need a playmaker. Plax is good, but I don't think he's a go to guy we need. I want to start building through the draft, not FA and pick up an explosive player in the early rounds.

We need another playmaker on offense. The fact that 52 yards is our longest pass play of the year says we need a playmaker. Plax is good, but I don't think he's a go to guy we need. I want to start building through the draft, not FA and pick up an explosive player in the early rounds.

I think Moss could be our guy already. Unfortunately, we'll never see what he can do this season. Since Carter has done such a great job keeping his job.

This draft still needs to be defense-centric. I wouldn't want to see more than two picks on offense.

I think Moss could be our guy already. Unfortunately, we'll never see what he can do this season. Since Carter has done such a great job keeping his job.

This draft still needs to be defense-centric. I wouldn't want to see more than two picks on offense.

I don't think Moss can be that guy. I think Moss can be a dangerous third WR but I don't want him to be in a position where he's supposed to catch 65-70 passes a year as a #2 WR.

I want a 6'3 guy who's not the fastest guy but fast, not the tallest guy, and always hussles. Something like that.

peyton manning is unbelievable. i watched him last night in awe. his field presence, decision making, team management, clock management. Did you see last night before the first Q expired, instead of running off to the sidelines, he lines the team up and tries to get a cheap 5 yards by drawing the other team offsides. Constant pressure, the guy is easily the best QB since Elway and maybe even better ...

I think when everyone (including Eli himself) stops expecting him to be Peyton, he just may become a very good QB.

Here is the thing that bothers me about Eli, not his arm strength (for him to throw off his back foot again & again for 30-40 yards tells me he has the arm strength) or his leadership or decision making but his accuracy. IMO it's determined by one thing.... footwork. 9 times out of 10 you see him drop back to pass & when he throws he doesn't step into it, he throws the same way Carmelo Anthony throws a punch..... he lets it go & almost runs away. This affects the two most important aspects of throwing; accuracy & velocity (notice how a pitcher throws, he steps into the throw and faces his target all the way through the delivery). Now the thing I want to know is what is causing his footwork to be so poor..... protection or is it him not doing things right? If it is protection do you change the blocking scheme or do you alter the playcalling to go to a quicker tempo pass game (i.e. 3 step drop & the ball comes out, quick rythym gets the defense playing up at the line & then let it fly deep). One way or another Eli has to learn to step into the throw & follow through, just look at the way Elway or Simms used to throw.... STEP INTO THE THROW!!!!