SportsWrath

Zito Watch 2006 Getting Serious Now

Blue Jeans

Mets Meet Zito on Tuesday

...posted by Matthew Cerrone...

According to the Associated Press, Mets GM Omar Minaya, Jeff Wilpon, Tony Bernazard and John Ricco, are scheduled to fly to Los Angeles tomorrow meet Barry Zito and his agent, Scott Boras.

…from what i understand, for the two sides to be getting together in the agent’s office, like boras did with Daisuke Matsuzaka and the Red Sox, it’s a sign that this discussion will be more about money, and what the Mets can offer zito, in terms of cash, years, and the direction of the team, while the conversation will be less about what new york city is like, where the player will live, etc…

Git'R'Done.

According to ESPN.com Minaya and the rest of the crew left their meeting with Boras and Zito pleased, but no offer was made as of yet. Also they said that the Rangers didn't make that $100M offer that everyone was claiming that they made.

Come on Omar! Get it done! :rock:

It's all been done, but signed. I never once believed he would go to the Rangers, that would be career suicide.

The Mets are gonna be a solid team in 07. I'm already picking them in the NL.

You would think that he would rather come to the NL in a pitchers park than the AL in Arlington, you're right, it would be career suicide.

Potential Cy Young with the Mets... #3 Starter with the Rangers at 1600% of the average cost.

It's all been done, but signed. I never once believed he would go to the Rangers, that would be career suicide.

The Mets are gonna be a solid team in 07. I'm already picking them in the NL.

Me too!!! :rock::rock::rock:

Please oh please oh please !!!!