SportsWrath

ANOTHER SIDE OF ELI

Lubeck

ANOTHER SIDE OF ELI: A very important shift was quietly made behind closed doors prior to last week's Giants-Panthers game — a move that could have long-lasting effects on the Giants' lockerroom.

Giants captain and RB Tiki Barber usually breaks the team down before the game. But instead, Barber told QB Eli Manning that this team will be his soon and he should take the honors. That's not the newsy part, however. But how Eli delivered it should scream a message loud and clear to his critics.

Manning, according to players, actually dropped a few expletives and was much more passionate than fans and even teammates had seen in the past. Manning has taken criticism for not showing any emotion and for poor body language, but his speech showed a different side.

"I'm only going to be here for a few more games so I thought he should start taking over now," said Barber. "It was great. The fans don't get to see that side of him but he was really, really passionate about it. He was fired up."

Later Barber told Eli to take his place at the coin toss.

"It's his time," said Barber. "This needs to be his team."

Glad to see Eli is stepping up. Was highly surprised when I read this.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6281396

I really like Eli and hope he becomes great. He never shows up his teammates. Always holds himself accountable. Always works hard to get better. I still think he will be very good someday. He's starting to answer the bell as far as being a leader and I don't think it's a coincidence that his play has picked up.

I thought he looked good yesterday and made some throws that we've seen him miss horribly at times this season. 2 fumbles and 2 freakish, unfortunate picks were our downfall.

Well, the defense sucked too. How many times in Eli's short career has the defense ruined a "comeback"?

Awright, you pathetic shits, gather round...

Now that the fucking quitter is finally getting out of my sunlight, I have a couple of things to say.

First, to that cross-eyed douche "protecting" my back: think we can get a play off without a hold sometime this game? Thanks...And the rest of you, maybe actually having a place to step when "stepping into my throws" might just get these press morons to stop being on my balls about mechanics, what do you think?

I realize you're a superstar and all, Tiki, but there is such a fucking thing as a "4th quarter." It's not like fucking bigfoot or anything--it does exist. How about we gain some rushing yardage during it? I hear it helps hold a lead...and yardage in the 4th even counts towards your precious fucking stats! It's bad enough Hufnagel takes the short bus to work, do we have to shut ourselves down too?

I'd like to say something to the best wide receiver I have--but unfortunately, he's on IR. Aw, Sinorice, I'm sowwy...did I hurt your widdle quad?

So I guess I'll direct this to the Wonder Twins over there--yeah "shape of a flapping eagle, brain of an ice cube." I'll make a deal with you: when you actually stop working on a play when the whistle blows and not before it; stop taking moronic penalties; not argue with the refs while the opponent streaks in front of you with the ball; and maybe go out of fucking bounds while catching a pass on the sidelines during a 2 minute drill: then you can wave your fucking arms around. Until then, the next one of you precocious little pricks that decides to act up on the field gets a football up your ass--and I promise you it won't be a tight spiral.

OK, let's get this fiasco on the road, and go out there and lose with a little dignity. Maybe the "coaching genius" won't hamstring us too much this time around.

:o

Good for him. And thanks Tiki, for everything.

His play has been better of late. He had a solid game before that last pick. IF he led us to that game tying drive then a GW field goal/TD, it would've been the best game of his career.

Does it matter? At least for this season.

God, we need coaches that can coach. I can't wait for 2008. I don't expect a coach in his first year with a team to win a super bowl.

Hopefully Strahan comes back next season. We won't be as fucked without Tiki. Honestly, right now who is more important to our team Strahan or Tiki? I think it's Strahan.

I'm getting worried about Jacobs. He appears to be wearing down again. I guess some of that could be because shitty gameplanning but he's had two fumbles the last two weeks. We're going to need another back.

Next year we're going to need to have two running backs. Like the Saints and Cowboys. Derrick Ward might be able to do it...but we still need to look for a guy who could possibly start too.

Next year we're going to need to have two running backs. Like the Saints and Cowboys. Derrick Ward might be able to do it...but we still need to look for a guy who could possibly start too.

It all comes down to where we are in the draft and the talent available. And of course who our new GM is....the GM sets the tempo for the team by bringing in the talent he thinks fits his mentality for winning.

As much as it would be nice to get a great RB out of the draft, the offensive just needs a playcaller who is creative enough to use the talent available now. Our defense on the other hand is totally inept no matter what gameplan Lewis delivers. Yet again this draft will probably be focused primarily on the defense.

Hopefully Cofield will develop into a better passrusher.

Hopefully Wilkinson will be ready to step in for Emmons.

Hopefully Arrington will get healthy and be HYPED for a huge comeback.

Hopefully the Giants sign Nate Clements.

Hopefully the Giants get a OC and a DC who have more than one brain cell.

That is a lot of hoping and that is just the short list.

Does it matter? At least for this season.

God, we need coaches that can coach. I can't wait for 2008. I don't expect a coach in his first year with a team to win a super bowl.

Hopefully Strahan comes back next season. We won't be as fucked without Tiki. Honestly, right now who is more important to our team Strahan or Tiki? I think it's Strahan.

I think you're definetely right, and I see us trading up in the draft and taking either McFadden from Arkansas or maybe the dude from Oklahoma .... Peterson? I forgot his name.

It all comes down to where we are in the draft and the talent available. And of course who our new GM is....the GM sets the tempo for the team by bringing in the talent he thinks fits his mentality for winning.

As much as it would be nice to get a great RB out of the draft, the offensive just needs a playcaller who is creative enough to use the talent available now. Our defense on the other hand is totally inept no matter what gameplan Lewis delivers. Yet again this draft will probably be focused primarily on the defense.

Hopefully Cofield will develop into a better passrusher.

Hopefully Wilkinson will be ready to step in for Emmons.

Hopefully Arrington will get healthy and be HYPED for a huge comeback.

Hopefully the Giants sign Nate Clements.

Hopefully the Giants get a OC and a DC who have more than one brain cell.

That is a lot of hoping and that is just the short list.

If not, I'll volunteer my grandmother. She can't do worse than Emmons. And she will play for the minimum salary granted the ambulette gets her to and from work everyday.

:o

:clap:

Adrian Peterson.

It would take a miracle or a trade up, he won't make it out of the top 10 unless they are all in fear of him being injury prone...... then again, Oaklahoma hasn't had a great O-line for a few years so maybe that's why he's all banged up. Can't argue with the production though.... 5.5 yards per carry ain't bad.

If not, I'll volunteer my grandmother. She can't do worse than Emmons. And she will play for the minimum salary granted the ambulette gets her to and from work everyday.

:clap: She's probably better in coverage too. :rock: