SportsWrath

Eli

gateb

Ever since we got shutout in the playoffs, everyone has been discrediting Eli saying he hasn't proved anything or by our Fab 4 claiming that he is a week arm hick. So I decided to compile a list of pros about Eli. Feel free to add on to it and if you Eli haters are longing to make a con list about Eli, feel free to do so.

1. Don't take anything away from him, he proved that he can take a team to a division title in his first season in what may be the toughest division in football.

2. Proved he can lead a comeback under major pressure against some of the best, Broncos and Seahawks. No one credits him as much as they should for Eli's comeback against the Broncos. We were coming off a loss against Dallas and if we did lose that game, we would be 3-3 with no momentum going into a crucial game against Washington. I'm sold if that we did lose that game, I don't think we were going to make the playoffs.

3. Proved he can lead comebacks on the road under pressure against Dallas and Seattle. Against Dallas he really lead two comebacks. He lead a 40 second comeback the second time in two passes which was even more remarkable. And against Seattle, that was just pure skill. Down 21-13 he lead an excellent drive against it turns out the best team in the NFC and maybe the toughest place to play in the NFC. Got the TD, then got the two point conversion. That was one clutch pass to Shockey.

4. Proved he can play in hostile environments. Chargers game. We all know the story. I never saw any more of a rough crowd on a certain player before. He came in and exceeded all expectations, even impressed the crowd. When down 21-3, they were laughing at him, mocking him, anything. He didn't care. Got 17 straight points going into the half.

5. Proved he can also have the 4 TD games. St. Louis game he was just on fire. Obviously Plax helped the cause but don't take anything away from Eli in that game. He also proved that he has the skill and athleticism to make the perfect pass, specifically the TD pass to Shockey which he put in the perfect spot.

6. Proved he can throw against some of the best defenses. Against Pittsburgh last year in only his fifth game coming off a 0 passer rating, he threw for a 103.6 which could have been better if Toomer was healthy on that INT then he may have caught it. If it wasn't for some bad calls, we definitely could have won that game.

There is probably more but I save the rest for you guys.

i've seen eli throw about two accurate spirals in his career so far. hes never gonna live up to his expected career. he also proved he can lead comebacks but can not play early. leading comebacks does not help if your not in range to come back.

1ST QUARTER 132 71 53.8 842

2ND QUARTER 155 82 52.9 1119

3RD QUARTER 115 55 47.8 669

4TH QUARTER 145 83 57.2 1091

i've seen eli throw about two accurate spirals in his career so far. hes never gonna live up to his expected career. he also proved he can lead comebacks but can not play early. leading comebacks does not help if your not in range to come back.

CAT G Att Comp Pct Yds

1ST QUARTER 132 71 53.8 842

2ND QUARTER 155 82 52.9 1119

3RD QUARTER 115 55 47.8 669

4TH QUARTER 145 83 57.2 1091

By that stat, it shows that his second best quarter is his first. And against the Chargers, Rams, and other teams, he did prove he can play in the first quarter.

Two accurate spirals, you have a link for that? ;)

font roget we aslo have the best all-around HB in the league, nummy. Also a pro bowl TE. Also a WR who was having a career year until eli shit the bed and lost his confidence.

And what did Plax do to help out?

Plaxiglass and Stockey were throwing hissy fits at Eli.

When Eli over threw a wide open Plaxiglass, he threw a hissy fit at Eli... When Eli threw a good pass at Plaxiglass and Plaxiglass dropped it (Redskins game), Eli didn't throw a hissy fit...

Plaxiglass and Stockey needs to take some lessons from Amani Toomer and Tiki Barber...

Plaxiglass and Stockey were throwing hissy fits at Eli.

When Eli over threw a wide open Plaxiglass, he threw a hissy fit at Eli... When Eli threw a good pass at Plaxiglass and Plaxiglass dropped it (Redskins game), Eli didn't throw a hissy fit...

Plaxiglass and Stockey needs to take some lessons from Amani Toomer and Tiki Barber...

Right on cue.

I do agree that Shockey and Plax need to cool down but they'll be fine. They'll shut up if Eli has success and the way his progression is going, that is what to be expected out of Eli.

I think you guys are going too hard on Shockey. Plax was the only real guy who was showing major frustration towards Eli.

Right on cue.

I do agree that Shockey and Plax need to cool down but they'll be fine. They'll shut up if Eli has success and the way his progression is going, that is what to be expected out of Eli.

I think you guys are going too hard on Shockey. Plax was the only real guy who was showing major frustration towards Eli.

Can you post the Eli clips from youtube? I need something to lift me up tonight.

Can you post the Eli clips from youtube? I need something to lift me up tonight.

My pleasure:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WKWzBehoz8U&sea...anning%20Giants

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mrTmWm48pvU&sea...iants%20Broncos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaZnpPnnWdg&eurl=

Third one's my personal favorite of Giants Broncos but all of which are worth watching. The second one is the HBO highlight clip of Eli's comeback and the first is the exact play. Be patient with the quality.

And what did Plax do to help out?

wtf can we do when the QB is overthrowing, underthrowing and tossing air balls to let teams like the seahawks back in it. What exactly did you want him do? WR reverses every third down? :wacko:

wtf can we do when the QB is overthrowing, underthrowing and tossing air balls to let teams like the seahawks back in it. What exactly did you want him do? WR reverses every third down? :wacko:

How about show some support for Eli instead of walking off the field in the opposite direction of Eli?

Guest Nutty Sack

I hope you guys are enjoying this little debate about Eli. The Fab Four have the ability to look at the big picture however and have already moved on. EA was sold a bag of goods by a Mississippi River boat gambler.First it was Bert Jones, now it's Eli Manning. You can all come on board and help with finding his replacement. (should be some good choices with the failed negaotiations) Or suffer through a 2006 season coming to the FF's ineveitable conclusion.

Guest Floyd The Barber

this thread is cute...maybe Eli can print it and hang it inside of his locker so when he comes out and shits the bed again, he can read some Feel Good press from the fans...

Guest Nutty Sack
Yeah, he only led the NFC in touchdown passes. If your gonna post...atleast contribute something...

Very impressive. And when the bright lights are turned on. How many has he had in the playoffs ???

Guest Floyd The Barber
Yeah, he only led the NFC in touchdown passes. If your gonna post...atleast contribute something...

this is great window dressing and for Madden 2006...where did all these TD's go when it counted post-regular sesaon ??

like his brother, and father too, he folded like a cheap suit...

Guest Lockhart

The last 5 regular season games and the one playoff disaster, Eli threw 4 TD passes and 10 interceptions. He threw a lot of garbage time TDs, but when the pressure was on he folding like a card table.

Guest Floyd The Barber
The last 5 regular season games and the one playoff disaster, Eli threw 4 TD passes and 10 interceptions. He threw a lot of garbage time TDs, but when the pressure was on he folding like a card table.

the Manning name is nothing more than hype and false hope...

they (Archie & Peyton) have this undersiving aura about them...neither has won the big game, and both proved when it matters most to disappear...Eli seems to have the same tendancies...the Manning name was fabricated by the biggest PR Propaganda artist known to man...

Barney and Lockjaw have obviously forgotten the 4-12 and 6-10 seasons !!

Not only did Eli lead us to the NFC East crown and 11-5

It was his first full season and he led the NFC in TD passes

and YES..... massive improvements yet to come.

Why don't the Fag 2 go and support Ben and their beloved Steelers instead ?

Go Giants