SportsWrath

And The Giants Want to Go to The Playoffs

Bigjeep

What defense? The Tim Lewis Cover 0 scheme

I have never in my life seen a zone defense so wide open out there...and not against superstars. A lot of these wide open plays are the other teams second and third stringers most of the time. They might as well go 46 and just put 8 guys in the box because that is their only chance to win a game.

I have never in my life seen a zone defense so wide open out there...and not against superstars. A lot of these wide open plays are the other teams second and third stringers most of the time. They might as well go 46 and just put 8 guys in the box because that is their only chance to win a game.

I'm sorry, but when that happens, its not on Lewis. It's the players fault.

Maybe its a combo....all I know is that Fox had pretty much the same deal in terms of a suspect secondary...but the difference was that he was better able to disguise his coverages and protect some of his weak links. Hell he had us believing that Jason Sehorn could actually play CB as opposed to being a FS playing out of position.

Ya know, I've been backing Eli since we drafted him....but how many times did you guys see him throw behind players, throw to phantom players (meaning there's nobody around for like 5-10 yards)...my patience is wearing real f**kin' thin....controlling our destiny??? The way we're playing-we won't last in the playoffs!!!! :brooding: :brooding: :furious::furious:

Ya know, I've been backing Eli since we drafted him....but how many times did you guys see him throw behind players, throw to phantom players (meaning there's nobody around for like 5-10 yards)...my patience is wearing real f**kin' thin....controlling our destiny??? The way we're playing-we won't last in the playoffs!!!! :brooding: :brooding: :furious::furious:

Buddy you might can fault Eli for a lot, but not this fucking game.

Sorry man, but you can't pin this one on Eli. Even the two INTs weren't really his fault.

Well... maybe the one in which he hit the guy in the head. Where the hell was that pass going?

Eli played a good game and if Burress wasn't Mister Softee, maybe he scores on that long catch and run instead of going out of bounds, and we don't have to settle for a FG.

That is exactly what should have been done. The games that the Giants D has looked good is when the D goes all out. With the DLine that the Giants have making schemes to cause constant pressure should be a no brainer. Too bad Lewis has no brain and Huff is a moron. What kind of drive was that at the end of the game and why did Tiki have less than 20 carries again?

That is exactly what should have been done. The games that the Giants D has looked good is when the D goes all out. With the DLine that the Giants have making schemes to cause constant pressure should be a no brainer. Too bad Lewis has no brain and Huff is a moron. What kind of drive was that at the end of the game and why did Tiki have less than 20 carries again?

We were having some success with Tiki...even when we lost some yards Tiki would gash them for 8-10.

By the way, the quote in your sig is very correct.

It's personnel and coaching. We're lacking playmakers in our LBs and secondary, and our coaching doesn't help.

We're missing playmakers at defensive end as well, if you haven't noticed. Osi and Kiwi were invisible out there, until they decide to unload on Garcia well after he's thrown the ball.

This is a team of players that doesn't have that certain 'it' that you have to have to win and get to Super Bowls. They just don't want it. And they showed it today.

Sorry man, but you can't pin this one on Eli. Even the two INTs weren't really his fault.

Well... maybe the one in which he hit the guy in the head. Where the hell was that pass going?

Eli played a good game and if Burress wasn't Mister Softee, maybe he scores on that long catch and run instead of going out of bounds, and we don't have to settle for a FG.

Eli is horrendous in the red zone. The playcalling is horrendous in the red zone. We can't score touchdowns=we can't win.

I think Eli did a lot to lose this game, personally. The time he got bum rushed, for example, that was obviously a blitz. So he audibles to a 5 step pass play and gets rocked. It's the little things that he can't do. In his defense, though, the coaches expect him to win the game on his own in the second half, every single game. But I fault him for throwing the ball to Shiancoe at all when there are like 6 better options.

They seem to think being down 3 points means it's time to go no huddle and chuck the ball down the field.

I think that pass was going to Carter or Tyree who was right behind The Helmet.

I was so pissed off when Plax ran out of bounds on that long pass play. I can't think of another football player that is so afraid of getting hit. He probably wouldn't have made it into the end zone, but he could have lowered his shoulder or made a move and tried.

Eli is horrendous in the red zone. The playcalling is horrendous in the red zone. We can't score touchdowns=we can't win.

I think Eli did a lot to lose this game, personally. The time he got bum rushed, for example, that was obviously a blitz. So he audibles to a 5 step pass play and gets rocked. It's the little things that he can't do. In his defense, though, the coaches expect him to win the game on his own in the second half, every single game. But I fault him for throwing the ball to Shiancoe at all when there are like 6 better options.

I put the red zone dificulties much more on the play calling than on Eli. Eli has been pretty good all season when they get in the red zone, but the eagles played some good coverage when we got down there. They constantly had Dawkins sliding to Plax's side to take away the jump ball, and Shockey just couldn't find any openings. Eli did buy some time on the one play in the red zone where he rolled left, and shockey eventually created some distance in the back of the endzone. Eli had to gun it there, on the run, to get the ball to shockey before the defense responded, and a lineback just got a hand up and batted it down. What are are ya gonna do. It would be nice to have more than 2 receivers out on a pass play when we are in the red zone rather than just Shockey and Plax.

As far as the Shancoe pass, Eli hit the guy that was open for a first down. You have to trust your receivers to catch and hold on to the ball. Eli can't just look to 2 receivers all day, and if he tries to force the ball to another receiver, gets it picked while Shank is open, he gets killed for that also. The guy made the right read and his receiver let the team down.

Looks like Antonio Pierce almost killed himself in this game too. Wonder what his status will be next week.

I wished we had more Antoinio Pierces (like 4 more to be exact).

The coaching staff is asking Pierce to cover these Recievers WAY too much! Demps is not capable to cover shit! Correct me if I am wrong: On one play I saw Kiwanuka tacking 15 yds downfield in an area where #47 vacated. Guys the Giants are in deep Kimchi.

I think that pass was going to Carter or Tyree who was right behind The Helmet.

I was so pissed off when Plax ran out of bounds on that long pass play. I can't think of another football player that is so afraid of getting hit. He probably wouldn't have made it into the end zone, but he could have lowered his shoulder or made a move and tried.

Glad someone else noticed that too; because 1st and goal from the 6 or 7 is better than 1st and goal from just inside the 10 yardline.

Where are the days whereas coaching staffs do NOT allow players to be on their teams if they didn't tackle? Or cover?? (IF you are a DB). The art of fundemental tackling is LOST! Coaches aren't teaching it or what? The film study sessions show it every week....see Indy/Jags game....see Giants/(U pick the team) game...

I mean RW McQuarters blew 2 plays in a row. Play one: he failed to tackle the WR and the WR got 8-10 extra yds. Play two: RW gets burned on a end zone TD...to me IF you are one on one with a guy and you're on his hip as a defender, as SOON as the WR raises his hands to catch it, shouldn't U?? :confused:

...and I cannot list the multiple times 'Pretty Ricky' #47 missed assignments. I guess the 2 picks made up for it. <_<