SportsWrath

Loose out and get a new coaching staff

GorillaNJ

This game broke my Giants heart.... it is time to tank this sad excuse of a season. Get rid of this mediocre pop warner coach and get the best draft pick possible.

I do not remember a more disappointing season. This team has all the talent in the world, just the play calling is among the worst. :furious:

I have to agree at this point. If you are at 6-2, and still can't get to 10-6 (that's .500 ball the rest of the way), you deserve to be sitting at home in January.

We've managed to squander our division lead terms of both won-loss and in division games. The only way we don't split division games is if we beat Washington on the road, something I don't really think we'll be able to do anymore.

This is probably the most unlikeable team the Giants ever foisted on its fans. From the coaches down. Even the teams in the 70's weren't assholes. They just weren't any good.

I'll keep watching, as always, but I anticipate a high draft choice for the new coach.

I have to agree at this point. If you are at 6-2, and still can't get to 10-6 (that's .500 ball the rest of the way), you deserve to be sitting at home in January.

We've managed to squander our division lead terms of both won-loss and in division games. The only way we don't split division games is if we beat Washington on the road, something I don't really think we'll be able to do anymore.

This is probably the most unlikeable team the Giants ever foisted on its fans. From the coaches down. Even the teams in the 70's weren't assholes. They just weren't any good.

I'll keep watching, as always, but I anticipate a high draft choice for the new coach.

You are right Fishgut...even in the 70's when they could not steal a winning season ...at least they were lovable losers. These guys you just want to tie them to a chair and slap them around. Can you imagine Carson, Van Pelt , John Mendenhall or any of the old 70's Giants playing like this even knowing they did not have the firepower to actually win most of their games.

You are right Fishgut...even in the 70's when they could not steal a winning season ...at least they were lovable losers. These guys you just want to tie them to a chair and slap them around. Can you imagine Carson, Van Pelt , John Mendenhall or any of the old 70's Giants playing like this even knowing they did not have the firepower to actually win most of their games.

Mendenhall was my favorite player back then--all heart, and would have been a pro-bowler on a team that anyone paid attention to.

Even in the seasons when Carson and VanPelt wanted out, they left it all on the field. These clowns save their best performances for the microphones.

Mendenhall was my favorite player back then--all heart, and would have been a pro-bowler on a team that anyone paid attention to.

Even in the seasons when Carson and VanPelt wanted out, they left it all on the field. These clowns save their best performances for the microphones.

Yeah remember how euphoric Carson and VanPelt were when they finally got into the playoffs in '81. All I know after they beat Philly ...they went on to play Montana and his '69ers straight up into the third quarter and had a chance to win. I can still remember Gary Jeter coming into a pileup as they were sacking Montana and watch him throw an out an out uppercut into Montana's gut. I guess he thought it would be hidden in the pile...lo and behold you had a nice little roughing penalty. And a team that the Giants defense had more or less solved was on its way to its first SB. I remember seeing Carson and Van Pelt seething in the huddle and on the sidelines and thinking no one is standing near Jeter right now. They looked like they were going to committ murder. All I know they trundled Jeter's ass right out of town. So I guess Perkins must have felt the same way. I am just thinking about all of the bone head penalties that these guys committ these days. If Carson, Van Pelt, Kelly and/or Taylor was here there would have been a manslaughter in that locker room after one of these games.

The reason there disliked (at least by me) is because they think there a whole lot better than they really are. And did you hear T C at his press conference, this poor bastard has gone as crazy as pam anderson's bed bugs, he's gotta go and take his damn cronies with him.

The reason there disliked (at least by me) is because they think there a whole lot better than they really are. And did you hear T C at his press conference, this poor bastard has gone as crazy as pam anderson's bed bugs, he's gotta go and take his damn cronies with him.

Right on!

Tough, we're sticking with him. I'm pissed off too, but we're not getting a new GM and then a new coach. It's hard to win games quickly with that strategy. But I hope we do it.

I don't know--the way this season fell apart, I don't picture the Mara's sticking a new GM with this scenario. Too much controversy, too much losing, not nearly enough injuries to justify it.

We were a Hester run and blown 4th quarter away from being 3-2 instead of 1-4. That doesn't work in Coughlin's favor.

Yeah remember how euphoric Carson and VanPelt were when they finally got into the playoffs in '81. All I know after they beat Philly ...they went on to play Montana and his '69ers straight up into the third quarter and had a chance to win. I can still remember Gary Jeter coming into a pileup as they were sacking Montana and watch him throw an out an out uppercut into Montana's gut. I guess he thought it would be hidden in the pile...lo and behold you had a nice little roughing penalty. And a team that the Giants defense had more or less solved was on its way to its first SB. I remember seeing Carson and Van Pelt seething in the huddle and on the sidelines and thinking no one is standing near Jeter right now. They looked like they were going to committ murder. All I know they trundled Jeter's ass right out of town. So I guess Perkins must have felt the same way. I am just thinking about all of the bone head penalties that these guys committ these days. If Carson, Van Pelt, Kelly and/or Taylor was here there would have been a manslaughter in that locker room after one of these games.

If those Carson, Van Pelt, Kelly or Taylor were here, these other assholes wouldn't be making these penalties. Those guys were leaders. Hell, just give us back Terry Kinard.

If those Carson, Van Pelt, Kelly or Taylor were here, these other assholes wouldn't be making these penalties. Those guys were leaders. Hell, just give us back Terry Kinard.

Oh yeah ...forgot about Terry he would have kicked somebody's ass. :TU:

This game broke my Giants heart.... it is time to tank this sad excuse of a season. Get rid of this mediocre pop warner coach and get the best draft pick possible.

I do not remember a more disappointing season. This team has all the talent in the world, just the play calling is among the worst. :furious:

You're right, it's the play calling. We are consistently outcoached. And we don't have enough playmakers on the team. Well, we don't have a QB who is a playmaker. Eli is a good game manager (this was Collins weakness) but he sucks at improvising. That's why it's so important to have creative offensive plays.

Btw, I think the whole league has caught on that when Eli calls an audible, 90% of the time it's a run. Very predictable.

Gruden? A complex, west-coast offense with our Downs Symdrome QB?

I think not. Let's not give the kid more to think about, he's not handling the basics of Huf's philosophy.

I'm shuddering to think of a new GM, new coach, and no TIki. That team will be 3 fewer wins than this season.

Gruden? A complex, west-coast offense with our Downs Symdrome QB?

I think not. Let's not give the kid more to think about, he's not handling the basics of Huf's philosophy.

I'm shuddering to think of a new GM, new coach, and no TIki. That team will be 3 fewer wins than this season.

Tiki's retirement alone, regardless of a coaching change, could very well equate to 3 more losses. Unless we get some major upgrades across the board, this team might very well continue its downward spiral. Tiki's not getting a ring. Amani's not getting a ring. And Strahan isn't getting a ring. We've already started work on replacing Strahan. I imagine we'll get Tiki's replacement this offseason (or at least someone to keep Jacobs fresh). In my opinion, we should have done that last year, but hey, that was just me looking forward.

7-9 should give us roughly a top 15 pick, right?

Yep. I'm off the entire Giants bandwagon. They suck, have no heart whatsoever, and consistently shoot themselves in the foot... over, and over, and over. It's the same story it was with Fassel, and everyone said it was because he was a soft coach. Well, now we've got Coach Asshole and Defensive Coordinator Clueless and we get the same shitty results.

Coughlin's gotta go... one win since the midpoint of the season is just pathetic. No way do I want to look at Gruden's stupid faces for the next four years. What about getting someone from the college ranks?

As of right now, John Fox is my man.

Yep. I'm off the entire Giants bandwagon. They suck, have no heart whatsoever, and consistently shoot themselves in the foot... over, and over, and over. It's the same story it was with Fassel, and everyone said it was because he was a soft coach. Well, now we've got Coach Asshole and Defensive Coordinator Clueless and we get the same shitty results.

Coughlin's gotta go... one win since the midpoint of the season is just pathetic. No way do I want to look at Gruden's stupid faces for the next four years. What about getting someone from the college ranks?

As of right now, John Fox is my man.

I will take Fox...but am not sold on too many college coaches right now. Will also take any retread that has won a playoff game in the last ten years; that is how much I want to unload Cheerleader, ClueLess Lewis, Gilfuck and Huff Hole.