SportsWrath

WFAN last night

TheMessiah

I was taking a shower at 12 last night and they were talking about the game that is coming up tommrow against the Devils and it was so funny listening to Devil fans defend their team and try to give reason why there team was better than the Rangers. One of them called brodeur the greatest goalie ever to live, and one of them said that the devils won 3 stanley cups in the past 10-15 years(keep in mind he didn't know the number of years since 1995) and said the rangers won 1 stanley cup in the past 100 years. I forget who was on at night but he said that it didn't matter about the past he said right now the Rangers are better than the devils...after this another caller called up and said the devils were better because they had more players play for the USA team.

I tried to call up and give them a piece of my mind but I could not get through, The greatest goalie in the world did not win a medal for his country yet our goalie did hmmm....the Devils have not beaten us in a playoff series hmmmm....the Rangers are in third place and teh devils are in seventh hmmmm...... should be a great game 7:30 start can't wait.

I was taking a shower at 12 last night and they were talking about the game that is coming up tommrow against the Devils and it was so funny listening to Devil fans defend their team and try to give reason why there team was better than the Rangers. One of them called brodeur the greatest goalie ever to live, and one of them said that the devils won 3 stanley cups in the past 10-15 years(keep in mind he didn't know the number of years since 1995) and said the rangers won 1 stanley cup in the past 100 years. I forget who was on at night but he said that it didn't matter about the past he said right now the Rangers are better than the devils...after this another caller called up and said the devils were better because they had more players play for the USA team.

I tried to call up and give them a piece of my mind but I could not get through, The greatest goalie in the world did not win a medal for his country yet our goalie did hmmm....the Devils have not beaten us in a playoff series hmmmm....the Rangers are in third place and teh devils are in seventh hmmmm...... should be a great game 7:30 start can't wait.

Agree with all you say, but to imply(as you did)that Henriks gold makes him a better goalie than Brodeur ever was in his prime is a bit bias don't ya think? Can Henrik win ONE playoff game first before we annoint him better than Brodeur? By the way who was in goal in 2002 for Canada?

Agree with all you say, but to imply(as you did)that Henriks gold makes him a better goalie than Brodeur ever was in his prime is a bit bias don't ya think? Can Henrik win ONE playoff game first before we annoint him better than Brodeur? By the way who was in goal in 2002 for Canada?

I am talking about right now, that is what the all the calls were about why the Rangers are better now.Henrik is better than Marty now, we will have to wait and see in their prime.

Brodeur is one of the greatest goalies to ever play. Not the best, but one of the best.

10 consecutive seasons with 30+ wins. Extends his own record last night against the Rangers.

Those calls still must have been ridiculous to listen to, though.

I am not taking anything away from Marty I just think that if you don't feel Henrik is in the same league as him this year you don't know what you are talking about. Marty looked amazing last night, I hope to meet you guys in the playoffs.

I am not taking anything away from Marty I just think that if you don't feel Henrik is in the same league as him this year you don't know what you are talking about. Marty looked amazing last night, I hope to meet you guys in the playoffs.

I don't I want the devils gone in rd 1 and hope we advance to rd 2 and they are gone.

Yeah I wouldn't want to meet the Rangers in the playoffs. They'd be playing their best during the most crucial part of the season, they were dangerous as hell last night. Marty wouldn't be able to do that for 7 games straight, which is most likely how long it would take.

• 1 month later...

wish granted :TU: . Hope to make the Meadowlands look like it does on a Giant football Sunday, decked out in RED WHITE AND BLUE. :rock:

One of them called brodeur the greatest goalie ever to live, and one of them said that the devils won 3 stanley cups in the past 10-15 years(keep in mind he didn't know the number of years since 1995) and said the rangers won 1 stanley cup in the past 100 years.

Can't pick up the calendar & do some simple math? Might be asking too much from their fanbase, hell..... according to their attendance records they can't even find the arena!

As far as who is the best goaltender, I've seen Brodeur play for years in a game bogged down with the holding & hooking due to low talent players using the trap to win games because they can't compete with a higher level of skill. I've also seen Patrick Roy dominate during the heyday of Gretzky, Lemieux & Messier.... IMO Roy always had more talent & played during an era when there was more talent to play against. Brodeur might break Roy's records but Roy is the greatest goaltender that I have ever seen (having not been alive for the likes of Terry Sawchuck, Jaques Plante, ect.).

I forget who was on at night but he said that it didn't matter about the past he said right now the Rangers are better than the devils...after this another caller called up and said the devils were better because they had more players play for the USA team.

I've got a real problem with this, my team is better because it sent more players to the US Olympic team..... that's nice, exactly what did the US Olympic team do this year???? Not a fucking thing, that's what they did.... their biggest contribution to the Olympics was marching in the opening ceremonies & acting like crybabies (Mike Modano) when they lost. Pathetic is what the US Olympic mens hockey team was this year, absolutley pathetic.

Also, what exactly does that have to do with which team is better?? Because certian individuals are selected to play for their country's Olympic squad makes your team better than mine??? Just look at the words I underlined & tell me what one has to do with the other, aside from the fact that a team is comprised of several individuals not a fucking thing. The US squad learned this the hard way, they played like a bunch of individuals relying on their individual talent to get by when they should have tried playing as a team. Maybe they would have beaten more than just Khazikstan.

I've also got another problem with this statement, "The Devils are better because they sent more players to the US Olympic team." Exactly who were the 3 best players on your Stanley Cup winning squads?? Three Canadians; Brodeur, Stevens & Niedermayer..... and they are making bullshit statements about having more "home grown" or U.S. based talent.... gimme a break. That's just another fucking cop-out, aside from the real fringe players or 3'rd & 4'th line guys you have 2 or 3 prominent NHL talents that are from the US & this "fan" as acting like the Devils are fielding the entire USA Hockey squad.... what a maroon!

I am talking about right now, that is what the all the calls were about why the Rangers are better now.Henrik is better than Marty now, we will have to wait and see in their prime.

I am the biggest of Rangers fans, but do you see now how ridiculous that statement was now?

Gotta win 2 at home!

want a do over?

I believe it was this Ranger fan :P that asked if Henrik could win 1 PLAYOFF game first before we annoint him better than Brodeur.