SportsWrath

You Have a HOF Vote...

Blue Jeans

Hall of Fame  

8 members have voted

1. 1. You were awarded a vote in the Hall of Fame, choose one of the two players.

• Barry Bonds
    • Mark McGwire

Although neither one has outright admitted to their steroid usage, I feel that Bonds, as the player he is, has much more of a responsibility to. Also, considering what Bonds, as a player, means to the history of the game...he's tainted it enough, he can't taint the hall. We'll see about McGwire soon.

I'm gonna pull a Jim Tressel. :)

But if forced to vote:

Bonds was an amazing player before roids, he was HOF material without the juice, BUT he is breaking THE sacred record and he wouldn't have done so without roids. That is why I couldn't vote for him, if he took roids and maybe hit 73 HR's but only say, 640 HR's then I might reconsider.

McGwire hit like 46 hr's his rookie year, but like Midas said, wihtout the homers we're not talking about him. And most of his dingers were helped by roids.

Now, to choose, I'd probly have to lean towards Mark, like I said he isn't close to the career mark so I am less "offended" by his numbers.

That and I'm racist. <_<

Either way, neither deserve it, it's a shame in Bonds case becausehe didn't need the stuiff.

If I had to, I'd vote for Bonds. McGwire was not nearly the player Bonds was earlier in Bonds' career. Bonds was a great hitter, base stealer, power hitter, outfielder, and he's been playing since I got my first pubic hair, and still playing...

McGwire hit home runs....

This isn't even close.

That said, I hate Bonds more than any other player in any sport.

You know what, screw all those steroid users. This year we'll elect all the worthy people who deserve to be in the hall of fame. Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken Jr., welcome to the hall of fame.

Tony was hooked on Krispy Kremes and Cal had a serious caffeine addiction.

cal definitely took greenies. tony definitely didn't because he wouldn't have been so fat. i wouldn't be shocked if cal took something else either. i also hate the revisionists who are now like "oh, mark and sammy didn't save baseball, cal ripken and his streak did" granted i was only in 8th grade at the time, but i seriously couldn't give a fuck about that streak while it was happening

cal definitely took greenies. tony definitely didn't because he wouldn't have been so fat. i wouldn't be shocked if cal took something else either. i also hate the revisionists who are now like "oh, mark and sammy didn't save baseball, cal ripken and his streak did" granted i was only in 8th grade at the time, but i seriously couldn't give a fuck about that streak while it was happening

Maybe it has something to do with the area I live in, but The Streak was a big deal to me, and i absolutely think it helped save basbeall. I do agree to an extent with whoever it was, Mike Greenberg maybe, that said Cal, Mark and Sammy didn't save baseball because the fans would have came back anyway, they always do. but i think cal sped the process up alot, especially with the working class.

He actually broke the record on my birthday, and I will unashamedly admit when he jogged around the warning track, i cried. That was a special day in baseball.

i agree, the fans would've come back no matter what. never saw the big deal about ripken though, it's obviously very hard to play every game but it's just not something that wowed me

I understand, oddly I find it's not a big deal to most people from the New York area. But the record stood for 56 years.

I understand, oddly I find it's not a big deal to most people from the New York area. But the record stood for 56 years.

I see Cal Ripken's streak as among those "unbreakable" records and it should get mentioned as one. As great as Aaron's record is, it's obviously not unbreakable.

Unbreakable records:

2,632 games

56 game hitting streak

59 consecutive scoreless innings

And on a slightly lower level stands Ted William's .406, though it isn't the record, it stands there was the last BA over .400.

I see Cal Ripken's streak as among those "unbreakable" records and it should get mentioned as one. As great as Aaron's record is, it's obviously not unbreakable.

Unbreakable records:

2,632 games

56 game hitting streak

59 consecutive scoreless innings

And on a slightly lower level stands Ted William's .406, though it isn't the record, it stands there was the last BA over .400.

Yeah, also Johnny Vander Meer's back to back no hitter's. No one will ever throw 3 in a row.

You could probly throw a couple Ryan records in there as well. 7 no hitter and 5,714 K's.

Oh, and 511 wins.

Of all of those, I think the .400 average is most impressive. There's no luck involved there. even 56 games streak, a guy could get lucky. But when you think of the people who have flirted with .400. Carew, Brett, Gwynn and come up short. That would be something special. Oh, and you can't use any special vitamins to bat .400 either.

Of all of those, I think the .400 average is most impressive. There's no luck involved there. even 56 games streak, a guy could get lucky. But when you think of the people who have flirted with .400. Carew, Brett, Gwynn and come up short. That would be something special. Oh, and you can't use any special vitamins to bat .400 either.

lol. But yeah .400 will never happen again. Not with todays power minded players and teams that carry situation specific relievers.

Yeah, also Johnny Vander Meer's back to back no hitter's. No one will ever throw 3 in a row.

You could probly throw a couple Ryan records in there as well. 7 no hitter and 5,714 K's.

Oh, and 511 wins.

190 RBI in a season. I think the hit streak is breakable.

Players have had 100 rbi at the break before...Juan Gonzalez, Manny Ramirez I think.

It would still take a player that is not in the league right now. 100 RBI at the break is more than half a season, you'd still need 90 more and during the dog days of summer. (It doesn't bother some)

It would still take a player that is not in the league right now. 100 RBI at the break is more than half a season, you'd still need 90 more and during the dog days of summer. (It doesn't bother some)

190 is tough, Juan had 155 + that year. Problem these days is that RBI guys are power guys, and late in the season pitchers don't pitch to power guys with runners in scoring position.

I think it's achievable, but for it to happen the dude would have to come out of the gates smokin, 120 by the break.