SportsWrath

Romo Vs Manning: Last two games

Treehugger

The Saints exposed him last night, and did exactly what we should have done. He is at his most dangerous when you let him out of the pocket and give his receivers time to get open. In the pocket he is just another average QB.

While the Saints secondary HAS to be better than ours, and their DC probably feels more comfortable blitzing, they were sending extra rushers the entire game to keep the pocket around Romo and leave no openings for his to squirt out of.

As far as Eli goes, I have seen him these past two games do something Romo-esque. When the pocket is collapsing and he is about to be sacked rather than curl into the fetal position and go down Eli has been the one getting out of the pocket and giving his receivers more time.

Romo: 36/67 53.7%, 506 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT

Manning: 41/69 59.4%, 442 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT

If Tony Romo is the second coming like the media keep proclaiming, Eli must be the Almighty Himself.

Hmmm. Very interesting. Also, did you see the post on Giants. com where a gentleman has taken the liberty to compare Collin's tenure, while he played with the Giants, with Eli's? His contention, while using stats to back up his arguments, is that Eli, in his second year, had stats that were practically better than Collin's best year with the Giants. Great stuff, indeed. Eat eat, Eli-hating, sissy boys!!!

The Saints exposed him last night, and did exactly what we should have done. He is at his most dangerous when you let him out of the pocket and give his receivers time to get open. In the pocket he is just another average QB.

While the Saints secondary HAS to be better than ours, and their DC probably feels more comfortable blitzing, they were sending extra rushers the entire game to keep the pocket around Romo and leave no openings for his to squirt out of.

As far as Eli goes, I have seen him these past two games do something Romo-esque. When the pocket is collapsing and he is about to be sacked rather than curl into the fetal position and go down Eli has been the one getting out of the pocket and giving his receivers more time.

and the worst thing about it for the cowboys is that they now have a blueprint how to get to dallas and romo. the team has been exposed for what it is. A mediocre team who eeked out lucky wins against apponents. romo is not the second coming. the giants will kill them in the playoffs. no doubt if they make it

This is like saying my new Porsche looks a little bit better than the 1989 Accord I just picked up for $2500.

Romo's a real find, maybe the best value since Brady. Considering the Cowboys recent history of QB's since Aikman, it's a major upgrade.

Romo wasn't exposed last night. He wans't as good as the media made him out to be, but he's still pretty good.

I was talking to my Cowboy fan friend about this. Romo had been playing great, but December is when it matters. As of now, Romo hasn't stepped up his game.

Wow, how great it would be if they lose two out of the next three? I don't see it happening.

I believe Eli is the better qb, but you're making an unfair comparison. Romo's worst two games of the season vs two of Eli's best. They just happen to be the last two games. Compare the last 5 for both and they'll probably be similar in stats or Romo will show a slight edge.

Romo 77/148 52% 1346yds 8 td's 5 int's

Manning 92/170 54% 936yds 7 td's 6 int's

I think Romo's recent struggles are due to teams recongnizing his ability and gameplanning against it.

Plus, let us not forget we're comparing a number one pick to an undrafted player.

Romo wasn't exposed last night.

He wasn't? He was forced to stay in the pocket almost the entire night. The Saints kept him locked down in that pocket, and without the ability to use his legs to keep the play going and give his receivers time to get open and if need be run to get the first he was forced to make throws he is apparently not comfortable making.

He wans't as good as the media made him out to be, but he's still pretty good.

Exactly! Just because we all knew it doesn't mean squat. We all know Hufnagel is a moron, yet he is still in. We all know Lewis abandons the blitz in the second half like Hufnagel abandons the run, yet Coughlin does nothing about it.

He was exposed to the entire nation.

I believe Eli is the better qb, but you're making an unfair comparison. Romo's worst two games of the season vs two of Eli's best. They just happen to be the last two games. Compare the last 5 for both and they'll probably be similar in stats or Romo will show a slight edge.

I would hardly consider yesterday one of Eli's best. He made the throws in the red zone, something we needed, but he has a lot of work to do.

I should've stated it better. Romo was exposed to a point. I tend to think exposed means proven to be horrible. I guess that doesn't always mean that. It's nice to see Parcells have a real reason to say that he is struggling to the media now. The things he said when Romo was on his hot streak was really annoying.

I would hardly consider yesterday one of Eli's best. He made the throws in the red zone, something we needed, but he has a lot of work to do.

I should've stated it better. Romo was exposed to a point. I tend to think exposed means proven to be horrible. I guess that doesn't always mean that. It's nice to see Parcells have a real reason to say that he is struggling to the media now. The things he said when Romo was on his hot streak was really annoying.

Wow a fiver. You are having issues tonight GB.

Two of his best games this season. If you don't believe it, look at the stats.

Romo 77/148 52% 1346yds 8 td's 5 int's

Manning 92/170 54% 936yds 7 td's 6 int's

I think Romo's recent struggles are due to teams recongnizing his ability and gameplanning against it.

Plus, let us not forget we're comparing a number one pick to an undrafted player.

I think even more glaring than those stats is the 17 yds per completion Romo is getting compared with Mannings 10.

Like I said, I believe Eli is the better qb, however Romo has the benefit of good coaching.

Romo wasn't exposed last night. He wans't as good as the media made him out to be, but he's still pretty good.

I was talking to my Cowboy fan friend about this. Romo had been playing great, but December is when it matters. As of now, Romo hasn't stepped up his game.

Wow, how great it would be if they lose two out of the next three? I don't see it happening.

All they have to do is lose one. It's not absurd to think the Giants can win the next three. We go 3-0, Dallas goes 2-1, we take division. I like. :rock:

Eli was not lights out by any means yesterday. I love the fact he hasn't turned the ball over. Penalties were down yesterday which was huge. Eli got it done when he needed to. The Coaches need to become more creative and keep teams of balance. There is no reason why with the weapons this team ahs that the Giants shouldn't throttle every team.

Case and point, how about the saints game, Deuce and Bush in, Motion Bush fake to Deuce, fake the reverse to Bush, and whammo, TD pass down the field. Great play design. where is that creativity?

All they have to do is lose one. It's not absurd to think the Giants can win the next three. We go 3-0, Dallas goes 2-1, we take division. I like. :rock:

we arent going 3-0 the next three. You saw what NO did to the Cowboys secondary, wait till Breez gets ours. We have got a lot of work to do in two weeks if we're gonna beat them.