SportsWrath

I know we won but

Gforce11

Maybe its just me but there were two plays that I want to analyze...

That Plax 45 yarder down the sidelines...

That should have been a touchdown no? If Eli led Plax instead of underthrowing him wouldn't that have been a TD 9 out of 10?

That Carter pass which was a blatant pass interference but thats another story...again if Eli lead him instead of underthrowing him that would have been a TD, No?

So the question is why is he underthrowing these passes? Is Eli not that accurate or was that a concious decision...I've seen him do this several times over these games where he underthrows these passes when these could've been sure touchdowns. It seems to happen MOSTLY on the long passes...what gives? :confused:

That should have been a touchdown no? If Eli led Plax instead of underthrowing him wouldn't that have been a TD 9 out of 10?

That Carter pass which was a blatant pass interference but thats another story...again if Eli lead him instead of underthrowing him that would have been a TD, No?

So the question is why is he underthrowing these passes? Is Eli not that accurate or was that a concious decision...I've seen him do this several times over these games where he underthrows these passes when these could've been sure touchdowns. It seems to happen MOSTLY on the long passes...what gives? :confused:

Because these dumb ass coaches can't see that Eli is NOT a long ball guy. Montana wasn't a long ball guy. But TC and Company keep insisting on letting Eli chuck it up for grabs. Eli is most successful with a quicker paced game, short to intermediate passing AND shorter drop steps. Eli also has a TERRIBLE habit of 'chucking' up balls with his back turned. Any kind of pressure makes Eli throw these idiotic blind passes up for grabs. Wow!

First off let me say, Randoff I really like you so realize I mean no disrespect in what I am going to say.

1)Eli has thrown a good deep ball since day 1. In fact unlike most young Qb;s he executes this function and the 2 minute drill well, those are 2 traits that normally a young QB does not do well. It's usually the opposite a young QB plays the short game and intermediate passing well and struggles with the long ball 2 minute offense, strangely it has been the opposite with Eli Manning.

2)That play in question ELI was under INTENSE pressure and made a good throw from a spot that was nowhere near easy to throw from, it was good for 45 yards, same with the Carter play and it should have been a pass int. He has a fine arm and this can be seen when the coaches utilize the play action and give him time to toss the ball deep.

CAN GIANTS FANS EVER BE HAPPY????????????? :confused:

I'm all for debating games/playes whether we win or lose... especially when winning since winning hides a lot of mishabs.

Nevertheless that 45 yard play Eli didn't have room to step in and put some mustard behind the ball. I was surprised he got it out avoiding the defender and hitting Plax.

The Carter play... nothing's wrong with it. The refs were high.

So the question is why is he underthrowing these passes? Is Eli not that accurate or was that a concious decision...I've seen him do this several times over these games where he underthrows these passes when these could've been sure touchdowns. It seems to happen MOSTLY on the long passes...what gives? confused.gif

Because Eli doesn't have great arm strength. He's no Roethlisberger, no Vick when it comes to arm strength. Add bad mechanics to the mix and you've got some ducks floating.

On the other hand, I'm happy with the win. :TU:

First off let me say, Randoff I really like you so realize I mean no disrespect in what I am going to say.

1)Eli has thrown a good deep ball since day 1. In fact unlike most young Qb;s he executes this function and the 2 minute drill well, those are 2 traits that normally a young QB does not do well. It's usually the opposite a young QB plays the short game and intermediate passing well and struggles with the long ball 2 minute offense, strangely it has been the opposite with Eli Manning.

2)That play in question ELI was under INTENSE pressure and made a good throw from a spot that was nowhere near easy to throw from, it was good for 45 yards, same with the Carter play and it should have been a pass int. He has a fine arm and this can be seen when the coaches utilize the play action and give him time to toss the ball deep.

Thanks for the info but I have no doubt about Eli's arm strength...I guess I should have stated that. I think he has a nice arm strength but yet seems to underthrown those kinds of passes...it was just weird to see that. There have been several games where the receiver if the ball was thrown maybe 5 yards in front of him was gone for a touchdown...he almost seems to underthrow on purpose...it seems weird to me is all.

I thought Eli did really well today, especially under pressure. Give him a break.

He did, but the Madden.Espnites want 33/40 356 4tds and no Ints

When a Qb plays 8 quarters against VERY good defenses and does not turn the ball ove like EI did the las 2weeks, he is playing well.

Has anyone noticed that he throws better on the run moving left than moving right. Odd for a right handed QB, but worth exploiting. I hope one of the coaches is noticing this.

Blunatic, he does everything well that you would expct a young QB to struggle with(2 minute drill, deep balls, no huddle, thows well sliding in the pocket towards off hand) and he struggles with the things that young Qb's usually flourish with(short passing attack, methodical approach, scripted offense)its very odd and puzzling at times.

Has anyone noticed that he throws better on the run moving left than moving right. Odd for a right handed QB, but worth exploiting. I hope one of the coaches is noticing this.

Favre is like that, he loves rolling to the left. I think it's actually rolling left for some guys forces them to get into a better throwing position. When a righty rolls right, he tends to use all arm and balls sail. When he rolls right, he has to pivot his hips around which automatically puts him in a better throwing position.

Blunatic, he does everything well that you would expct a young QB to struggle with(2 minute drill, deep balls, no huddle, thows well sliding in the pocket towards off hand) and he struggles with the things that young Qb's usually flourish with(short passing attack, methodical approach, scripted offense)its very odd and puzzling at times.

ok but what does that have to do with what i said? i'm pointing out that in successive games he's been flushed left and he's been money. at the same time, the rolling pockets or planned rollouts all go right and he's been awful on the run to that side. perhaps someone should look into that.

Favre is like that, he loves rolling to the left. I think it's actually rolling left for some guys forces them to get into a better throwing position. When a righty rolls right, he tends to use all arm and balls sail. When he rolls right, he has to pivot his hips around which automatically puts him in a better throwing position.

yes, that's a good comparison and logical explanation. what say you and I take over the play calling next week?

NO!

Why u ask? Eli is a NUMBER ONE pick. Eli has enormous talents that are being wasted because these dumb ass coaches aren't correcting Eli's mechanics. Comon' man, we ALL can see that Eli is better off when he has the short game going, when he has Shockey touching it at least 8-10 times AND when Tiki runs it! The pass to Tim Carter was severely underthrown. Why continue to put Eli in that 'Chuck it up' mode? Coaches fault. Now name some very succesful QB's past and present and you will see that thier completion percentage is 60-65%. Eli (so far) hovering around 50-52%. Why??? Dumb ass play calling that requires at least 6-8 'chuck and pray' pass a game. It's hard for ANY QB to be accurate when u 'chuck it' too much. And Eli has a terrible habit of throwing 'blindly'. I have never seen a QB throw long (at times) and then turn his back instead of stepping thru.

Again we are talking about a #1 pick, who's last name is Manning. I'm sure Dad and big bro showed Eli how to follow thru on passes.

And no, u aren't disrespecting me...I like it. It makes for good debate. We are fans that care that all! :rock:

Last year at this time he was overthrowing by a mile. so perhaps next year at this time they will all be TD strikes :P

Tiki and BJ combine for 50 carries and Eli throws 15-20 times rolling to the left hitting Shockey everytime?

VG and Blunatic for the Giants coordinator positions.

...on second thought, a drunk offensive coordinator is what I thought we had now. :confused:

I thought Eli did really well today, especially under pressure. Give him a break.

Better, maybe, but not really well. When he should have been burning up the clock, he tossed the ball out of bounds to stop it when no one was open instead of just eating it. On the plus side, it looked like he realized his mistake.