SportsWrath

Gameday Thread: NY Giants @ Carolina Panthers

BronxRik

we will get another new penalty called next week when Eli calls OMAHA, OMAHA .

TWEEEET Illeagal cadence #10 offence pearl Harbor day was last week .

Fucking hilarious...you know they are going to be checking their rule books this week to figure out a gift call to the Philly Faggots. Hopefully we get a crew that has not been fully indoctrinated into fuck the Giants mode yet. ;)

Someone's head has GOT to roll after all the terrible calls this game. Just pathetic.

Go G-Men!

I have not seen decent referees since they were headed up by Old Squeaky (Jerry Seaman) and one of the premier referees was Jerry Marbreit or otherwise known as "I will give you a bonus holding call if you are playoff team"....ha, ha. To tell you the truth his eyes and mine were usually in lockstep when it came to the blatant holding calls out there. Unfortunately most refs these days must love to see all of that dancing out there.

McQuarters gets pulled down by his dreadlocks...no offensive pass interference....what is that 30 blown calls today?
This self-centered fool is asking to be pulled down by his dreadlocks. They hang out of his helmet by at least a foot. If he values this dumb hair style and the coaches continue to allow him to have them, his hair will be pulled often. I haven't seen any other professional player have hair that long. Does anyone else think that appearance is more important than giving opponents an advantage? :)

This self-centered fool is asking to be pulled down by his dreadlocks. They hang out of his helmet by at least a foot. If he values this dumb hair style and the coaches continue to allow him to have them, his hair will be pulled often. I haven't seen any other professional player have hair that long. Does anyone else think that appearance is more important than giving opponents an advantage? :)

OPI is an advantage? I coulda sworn it was a penalty.

OPI is an advantage? I coulda sworn it was a penalty.
It is a penalty, but only if called. My point is why does this person, out of all football players in the NFL have hair the hangs out of his helmet by at least a foot? He is just providing opponents with another thing to grab and not having a penalty called. He is putting his idea of good looks &/or culture ahead of professionalism. Tell me, Lubeck, the name of any other player who has dreadlocks hanging so far out of his helmet. :)

The slide ends today...

I'm using a reverse psychology tactic on the football gods by rooting for Carolina. Carolina will lose, the gods will think they got me again, but I will be laughing last.

Go Cats!!!!

You guys can thank me for this win. My strategy worked..^^^

:TU:

It is a penalty, but only if called. My point is why does this person, out of all football players in the NFL have hair the hangs out of his helmet by at least a foot? He is just providing opponents with another thing to grab and not having a penalty called. He is putting his idea of good looks &/or culture ahead of professionalism. Tell me, Lubeck, the name of any other player who has dreadlocks hanging so far out of his helmet. :)

Steven Jackson RB - Rams.

...and I take it IF you coached a NFL team...dreadlocks would not be allowed??? :P

Steven Jackson RB - Rams.

...and I take it IF you coached a NFL team...dreadlocks would not be allowed??? :P

Sure they would be if they fit under the helmet. Hanging out means a choice for the player - money as a pro or get some other job that pays as well. :LMAO:

US Pat makes a good point though. Having a lot of hair especially one that sticks out slows you down big time (look at how swimmers shave their heads) and it gives defenders in football one more item they can grab.

We are bashing MCQuatrers? Anyone ever hear him speak? As articulate and smart as they come(why every year he is a seasoned veteran that makes more than the minimum and continues to get work) and his hair is no different than Palamalu and Jackson. Its a sign of the times, hardly something that should bother anyone.

We are bashing MCQuatrers? Anyone ever hear him speak? As articulate and smart as they come(why every year he is a seasoned veteran that makes more than the minimum and continues to get work) and his hair is no different than Palamalu and Jackson. Its a sign of the times, hardly something that should bother anyone.

For the record, I didn't say McQ hair bothered me.

US Pat makes a good point though. Having a lot of hair especially one that sticks out slows you down big time (look at how swimmers shave their heads) and it gives defenders in football one more item they can grab.

Drag through water is one thing, but I seriously doubt McQuarters' aerodynamics are impaired by his dreads. If that was an issue the shoulder pads would stop players dead in their tracks.

It seems the Giants may be gaining some momentum to ride into the postseason. Eli hasn't thrown an INT in two games and the secondary (how about that kid Dockery? :o) started to actually make plays in the second half (you can't get a sack on every pass). I'm hoping the secondary gains more confidence and continues to make plays. If the secondary becomes less of a weakness...and we get healthier...we can go all the way to the SB. The NFC is wide open.

It seems the Giants may be gaining some momentum to ride into the postseason. Eli hasn't thrown an INT in two games and the secondary (how about that kid Dockery? :o) started to actually make plays in the second half (you can't get a sack on every pass). I'm hoping the secondary gains more confidence and continues to make plays. If the secondary becomes less of a weakness...and we get healthier...we can go all the way to the SB. The NFC is wide open.

dockery had good coverage all day, even on the deep passes that Drew Carter caught (where'd he come from?), those were just good throws and catches.

If we go all the way ... we probably will have to do it alone as the Ain'ts just gave up an easy 7 to the Broke Backs. Jesus... they talk about the Broke Backs as if they won the last 3 SB's...give me a break. I hope we see the Broke Backs, Hawks and Cubs in that order in the playoffs ( I think we will make it); and crucify each team in turn. I think we may have to wait for the playoffs before we see Strahan again...that Lisfranc strain is one trickey hard to heal injury. I remember Harry Carson saying one time that the shoes that todays linemen use today are too flexible, especially in the arch. He believed that a stiffer sole gave more protection and leverage in pushing off against 300lb cornhuskers.