SportsWrath

Yankees Sign Andy Pettite

LorfTVP

Football is head and shoulders ahead of baseball. It's hard to get excited for gameday night after night in baseball. Football is just so much more exciting in everyway.

But when your favorite baseball team wins, your feeling on baseball starts to change just a little ;)

My team hasn't won in, well, nevermind. But I still get excited for each game.

Football is head and shoulders ahead of baseball. It's hard to get excited for gameday night after night in baseball. Football is just so much more exciting in everyway.

But when your favorite baseball team wins, your feeling on baseball starts to change just a little ;)

My team hasn't won in, well, nevermind. But I still get excited for each game.

And the Red Sox are totally clean. Because they are the Red Sox. We don't have Sheffield anymore and you think Giambi (who can only hit one pitch one way and is slow as shit) is the most feared player on our team?

Steroids gave Giambi one of the best "eyes" in baseball. He'd never draw that many walks without the juice.

One thing this arguing does, it makes me even more excited for baseball! I already kind of miss it. I like having a game to watch almost every night.

:rock:

I've missed it since Game 7 of the NLCS ended...

Can't wait for pitchers and catchers!!! Only 2 more months!!

I just love the game of baseball. The strategies, the lucky bounces, the cheating, the one on one chess match between pitchers and hitters, the failure... It's a humbling game.

So much rides on one pitch, especially in October. The drama of postseason baseball is unmatched by any sport, but that's just my opinion.

I love football, but just a tiny sliver of a notch below baseball.

There's a drama to a series that an individual game doesn't have...and if the series reaches the final game, you get that drama of the single game and then some. There's something about being on the brink of elimination. If you're losing by a certain amount in a football game, you know it's over...in a series, it isn't over until you've won the 3 or 4 games. There's always a chance to come back...the drama continues over time. Do you know how many MLB playoff games have toyed with my soul? One game, the superbowl for instance, is just a spectacle. Granted it usually is a good game, but it's just not the same.

There's a drama to a series that an individual game doesn't have...and if the series reaches the final game, you get that drama of the single game and then some. There's something about being on the brink of elimination. If you're losing by a certain amount in a football game, you know it's over...in a series, it isn't over until you've won the 3 or 4 games. There's always a chance to come back...the drama continues over time. Do you know how many MLB playoff games have toyed with my soul? One game, the superbowl for instance, is just a spectacle. Granted it usually is a good game, but it's just not the same.

No clock is always a good thing. You have unlimited time to comeback.

another pro for baseball, you dont have ot wait 7 months between seasons

Both very good points. :rock:

Football offseason sucks for fans. Football is so rough that the players cannot play more than 16 games a season. As a fan, I'd like to see football be twice as long. 32 games a season played twice a week. But that's physically impossible. Careers would be 5 years long.

I also like the fact that baseball has more than two dimensions, more than two sides, two goals. Hockey, basketball, football, and soccer all involve two teams going back and forth. If anything, at least baseball is refreshing in that sense.

No clock is always a good thing. You have unlimited time to comeback.

Both very good points. :rock:

Football offseason sucks for fans. Football is so rough that the players cannot play more than 16 games a season. As a fan, I'd like to see football be twice as long. 32 games a season played twice a week. But that's physically impossible. Careers would be 5 years long.

I do think the baseball season is too long though. It'll never happen, but September should be when the playoffs are played. I know about all the traditions and that stuff but October is starting to get too cold for the fans, the players, and there are plenty of rainouts too.

What's the point of even thinking about it, it'll never happen. Maybe once I go through a real thrilling September then my thoughs will be changed.

I do think the baseball season is too long though. It'll never happen, but September should be when the playoffs are played. I know about all the traditions and that stuff but October is starting to get too cold for the fans, the players, and there are plenty of rainouts too.

What's the point of even thinking about it, it'll never happen. Maybe once I go through a real thrilling September then my thoughs will be changed.

You had a pretty thrilling October, though.