SportsWrath

Yankees Sign Andy Pettite

LorfTVP

I really didn't think he'd sign with the Yanks. I thought he was just using them to get more $ out of Houston. I don't know- 16 mil. for Andy Pettite? Seems kinda like a sentimentality move to me. Anyway, he could still have something left in the tank, and he's definitely a step above Jaret Wright. I just hope they don't get Clemens, too. That many steroid users on one team might give them a serious edge.

I really didn't think he'd sign with the Yanks. I thought he was just using them to get more $ out of Houston. I don't know- 16 mil. for Andy Pettite? Seems kinda like a sentimentality move to me. Anyway, he could still have something left in the tank, and he's definitely a step above Jaret Wright. I just hope they don't get Clemens, too. That many steroid users on one team might give them a serious edge.

you should get a job at espn

And the Red Sox are totally clean. Because they are the Red Sox. We don't have Sheffield anymore and you think Giambi (who can only hit one pitch one way and is slow as shit) is the most feared player on our team?

16 million? Yikes

No, not quite. If he gets hurt, he wont pick up his option. We don't lose a draft choice, and if Villone signs elsewhere...we pick up a draft choice. Plus he is a lefty, which makes this rotation Lefty heavy.

I didn't like the thought of Petitt coming back, but now I'm reading more into it, and it's marvelous. We chased Lilly, who would've wanted 40 Mil. 16 Mil is peanuts and for a pitcher who is arguably better.

No, not quite. If he gets hurt, he wont pick up his option. We don't lose a draft choice, and if Villone signs elsewhere...we pick up a draft choice. Plus he is a lefty, which makes this rotation Lefty heavy.

I didn't like the thought of Petitt coming back, but now I'm reading more into it, and it's marvelous. We chased Lilly, who would've wanted 40 Mil. 16 Mil is peanuts and for a pitcher who is arguably better.

Yeah but there are levels of type of class of Free Agents. I was reading, whoever signs Zito has to give a type A pick which is usually a sandwhich pick between the first and second rounds. That is how the Mets picked David Wright because when the Rockies signed that douche bag. I cannot think right now, i am drunk. Pettit is more of a higher pick than Valone so they will not get the same value in the draft. Also if they offered Villone arbitration that is the only way they will get a pick. I know the Mets only offered arbitration to Hernandez who signed with the Indians.

It would've been 10 mill technically for Lilly because that's how much he'd be getting paid this year.

1 year 16 mill for Pettite is hardly peanuts, but it's still a valuable signing.

Pictures don't tell me enough.

There are so many different types of supplements out there. For all we know they don't necessarily make you bigger, but they do help you out in a lot of things we don't notice.

Not making any accusations, but the pics hardly tell the whole story.

Come to realize it, it might be a good move to bring back the Rocket. I saw the picture and it did not register until about now. Thank you Riesling.

We arent bringing back Clemens, unless we are knee deep.

and even then, I still dont think we will. This is the media's spin.

One thing this arguing does, it makes me even more excited for baseball! I already kind of miss it. I like having a game to watch almost every night.

:rock:

Especially since college football is over too. :brooding:

I'm going crazy here today.

And the Red Sox are totally clean. Because they are the Red Sox. We don't have Sheffield anymore and you think Giambi (who can only hit one pitch one way and is slow as shit) is the most feared player on our team?

That statement concedes that Pettite has used steroids. He's never failed a drug test, nor has Clemens. One thing that Roger has always been known for is his training regimen. Giambi, I wish they would package him and Matsui and send them out of town

That statement concedes that Pettite has used steroids. He's never failed a drug test, nor has Clemens. One thing that Roger has always been known for is his training regimen. Giambi, I wish they would package him and Matsui and send them out of town

you need a good training regimen when you're on steroids. what do you think, the muscles just appear? your statement does'nt do much to disprove suspicions about rocket.

you need a good training regimen when you're on steroids. what do you think, the muscles just appear? your statement does'nt do much to disprove suspicions about rocket.

Well, considering he didn't blow up overnight and his weight gain was steady, coupled with the fact he's never failed a test, I would tend to think that that is pretty firm evidence.

One thing this arguing does, it makes me even more excited for baseball! I already kind of miss it. I like having a game to watch almost every night.

:rock:

I agree completely...we can argue over which sport is dominant until the cows come home and are devoured but you can't take away how many baseball games there are. It's always there and that's just a beautiful thing.

Well, considering he didn't blow up overnight and his weight gain was steady, coupled with the fact he's never failed a test, I would tend to think that that is pretty firm evidence.

i'm not saying he did (probably) or he didn't but the training has nothing to do with it.

I agree completely...we can argue over which sport is dominant until the cows come home and are devoured but you can't take away how many baseball games there are. It's always there and that's just a beautiful thing.

Yep, with football after Sunday you have to wait a week, everyday is a countdown. Some might say that makes football bette, the anticipation. I for one like to settle into my chair and at 7 or 8 turn on a Rangers game and sit till near midnight. :rock:

Football is head and shoulders ahead of baseball. It's hard to get excited for gameday night after night in baseball. Football is just so much more exciting in everyway.

But when your favorite baseball team wins, your feeling on baseball starts to change just a little ;)

Football is head and shoulders ahead of baseball. It's hard to get excited for gameday night after night in baseball. Football is just so much more exciting in everyway.

But when your favorite baseball team wins, your feeling on baseball starts to change just a little ;)

I get excited for every single Red Sox game...though part of it might just be me being crazy. I just feel that the promise of a game every single day...of excitement, of individual storylines, of everything is well worth it. Every single game at least has one hitter worth watching, one matchup...something worth waiting for, whether it's a pitcher's duel, a top player batting, or a fireballing closer.