SportsWrath

You're EA

shockjock

Who do you sign to take his place in the starting DT rotation and why?

Brenson "chap-stick prick" Buckner

Sam Adams....always a good decision

Ted "big mutha truckin" Washington

La Roi Glover

Edited by shockjock

La Roi Glover. He is one of the better DTs in the game and he'd fit in great in our DT rotation, hopefully he'd play more downs then Robbins and Joseph. I would definitely pursue Glover and give him an offer.

La Roi Glover. He is one of the better DTs in the game and he'd fit in great in our DT rotation, hopefully he'd play more downs then Robbins and Joseph. I would definitely pursue Glover and give him an offer.

damn...forgot he even got cut...gonna add him

Carl Banks on Sirrius NFL radio on Thursday said about Clancy, "BUYER BEWARE". Carl thinks he is a bit lazy, needs incentive to work hard and has to have a reason to play. Said he is a great talent and a good interior linemen, but said he would not break the bank for him. Carl being the Giant GOD he is in my eyes has a word that goes a long way with me. He was around the team a lot and knows winners. I say if he wants to break the bank, fuck him. We can replace him.

If I'm EA, I smoke a cigarette, tell a Bert Jones story, adjust my wig, and go sign La'Roi Glover or Trevor Pryce....

I just fucking love that!!

And that is exactly what I would do. I'd even wait longer. There will be even more DT on the market on Monday.

Clancy needs to realise that this year is not a leverage year for players that perform well in a certain system. Which he is in my opinion. If he was not in a "rotation" team for DT then he would get hammered over the length of a season. He's quick...really quick, but he is not a "BIG" DT....if he asks for even 5 bucks too much then I'd ask him to join the FA pool of DT's. ...then have a straight scotch and what the blood in the streets for a few days.

Who do you sign to take his place in the starting DT rotation and why?

Brenson "chap-stick prick" Buckner (12 year vet end of career)

Sam Adams....always a good decision (12 year vet end of career)

Ted "big mutha truckin" Washington (14 year vet end of career)

La Roi Glover (10 year vet could have 4 or 5 left)

I would like some one a little younger that we can keep a few years, But from this list I like Glover because he could be productive for up to 5 years...He also is the best on the list

out of those guys glover has proven himself the most (i think). i'm pretty pissed the cowboys cut him but we got a strong line anyway. I think Ferguson is gonna take his place. i can see why dallas cut him though if they play 3-4 theres no place for him on the line with spears or coleman on one end and ellis on the other and ferguson in the middle. So why hold on to his contract if he's not gonna play. the only thing i hav against it is that the defensive line switch for dallas worked pretty well last year.

Carl Banks on Sirrius NFL radio on Thursday said about Clancy, "BUYER BEWARE". Carl thinks he is a bit lazy, needs incentive to work hard and has to have a reason to play. Said he is a great talent and a good interior linemen, but said he would not break the bank for him. Carl being the Giant GOD he is in my eyes has a word that goes a long way with me. He was around the team a lot and knows winners. I say if he wants to break the bank, fuck him. We can replace him.

Exactly. And we still have two guys that can do okay behind Joseph and Robbins in Allen and Duckett. Both of those guys have potential.

Guest Nutty Sack

I would take Glover just so we can burn that egomaniac, stab you in the back, over weight bloated,run for the hills coach Blowcells backside !!

Pretty soon EA will be able to forget about Bert Jones and replace him with Eli Manning.

i wouldnt say dominate but it would be a good line ya. NFC East is gonna hav some good defense this year. :TU:

Agreed. Unless the CBA doesn't go through and Washington has to cut like... everyone.

It could be dominant though. Osi and Strahan may be the two best pass rushers in the conference and a guy like Glover would only help the cause for our d-line.

Most likely no with the other talent available out there.

Another question: With the delay in FA, how much of the talent that was released is going to be picked up by their teams again? I think I've read that the NFL is going to cut the teams that released players because of the cap some slack because of the changing situation.

Again, curious, because the current situation is giving me bed-spins.

Another question: With the delay in FA, how much of the talent that was released is going to be picked up by their teams again? I think I've read that the NFL is going to cut the teams that released players because of the cap some slack because of the changing situation.

Again, curious, because the current situation is giving me bed-spins.

Well, if there is a new CBA then there is a chance that some, probably not too much of the players would be brought back or at least an offer would be made. All I know is that if I'm Andre Dyson and I've been just cut by teh Seahawks, and then they get an extra 10 mill of cap room and say they'll bring me back but other teams want me, I'd want to leave the Seahawks in the dust.

Neither, let Fred Robbins and WoJo start with Kendrick Allen in the rotation

If we can get La Roi Glover I can't see why not we shouldn't get him. He could make this line dominant with our two amazing pass rushers at the ends and Joseph being a first round pick starting to turn it on.

Def Glover but i think would shop the market see if a could find a younger under the radar player sort of like clancy was when he came in

If we don't get La Roi, then we should just re-sign Clancy and then have five capable DTs in Robbins, Joseph, Duckett, Allen, and Clancy.

If we don't get La Roi, then we should just re-sign Clancy and then have five capable DTs in Robbins, Joseph, Duckett, Allen, and Clancy.

Don't forget that Allen is also a FA, so there is no gurantee he will be back next season. I see us bringing someone new in, whether through FA or the draft, even if only for some decent competition