SportsWrath

The Giants prove, that once again, the only team that can beat them...

dyinghard

Over the course of the season, there is really only one team that can beat the Giants, and it's themselves. With the opportunity to put the Cowboys into an early 10/14-0 hole, there is an untimely, unforced fumble by the rookie defensive end after he intercepted a pass. (This kid is "finishing" away from being a great rookie. If he finished plays in the past two weeks he'd be in the running for defensive rookie of the year.)

Instead, the ball is fumbled, the Cowboys recover and tie the game at seven.

The Giants then drive the field and have a choice to make: kick the FG or go for it on 4 & 1. Take the 10-7 lead, or go for it which could end up at 7-7, 10-7, or 14-7. Not learning from previous weeks the Giants go for it, and are once again stopped, on a questionable play call/decision by the coaching staff and Jacobs. They run an off tackle play that gets strung out and Jacobs tried to take the edge. He's tackled for a loss, and the Cowboys end up going into the half with a 10-7 lead. If they were going for it, I would've preferred to see an Eli Manning QB sneak/ fall forward, with Jacobs pushing the pile from behind off of a short count.

Burress, while I'm glad he didn't quit, made a bonehead play after the play was clearly dead. There was no reason to lay that hit, and Bob Whitfield, a fiftenn year vet, needs to be smarter than that, and not "bip" anyone after the play. In conjunction with the two other drive aiding/quelling, depending on which play the UR, or the crack back, they are still playing highly undisciplined football. not to mention the numerous "home" false starts.

Eli played well, and has shown once again that he works well in a no huddle offense. However, why did the Giants call a time-out as they drove down the field, which allowed for their to be over one minute remaining when they sill had all three time-outs? They apparently forgot about the MNF game against the Cowboys that ended the same way this game did, except in OT. They should've ran more time off the clock, which would've allowed for less time to go down the field.

The KO is terrible in coverage, they gave up great field position all game long, the KOR team is still struggling mightly. They gave up poor field position once again after the final Giant touchdown.

Will Demps and Gibirl Wilson may be two of the worst safeties in the game. Gibril got worked in the hole on the second Barber TD, failing to fill with any kind of conviction. He also missed and INT/ Pass defense, and really allowed the Cowboys to stay in the game. Demps letting Whitten get behind him was laughable. I don't know what coverage they were running, but I'm sure it didn't allow for players to get behind the safety. If it did, Lewis should be fired right now. RW McQuarters spent time covering grass again yresterday, and allowed for some completions over his head, convering the flat when there was no one there. this is not Madden, you do not need to be that disciplined. When there is no one attacking your zone, find the nearest player and help out. Keep an Eye on the mobile QB as you drift and gain depth.

With so many mistakes and the fact that the Giants were still in the game says something. It says that they are grossly underachieving due to a serious lack of discipline. Which falls directly on the coaches shoulders. He can't keep this team form self destructing week in and week out. Sorry TC, your time is up. Maybe someone else will know what time it is.

Over the course of the season, there is really only one team that can beat the Giants, and it's themselves. With the opportunity to put the Cowboys into an early 10/14-0 hole, there is an untimely, unforced fumble by the rookie defensive end after he intercepted a pass. (This kid is "finishing" away from being a great rookie. If he finished plays in the past two weeks he'd be in the running for defensive rookie of the year.)

Instead, the ball is fumbled, the Cowboys recover and tie the game at seven.

The Giants then drive the field and have a choice to make: kick the FG or go for it on 4 & 1. Take the 10-7 lead, or go for it which could end up at 7-7, 10-7, or 14-7. Not learning from previous weeks the Giants go for it, and are once again stopped, on a questionable play call/decision by the coaching staff and Jacobs. They run an off tackle play that gets strung out and Jacobs tried to take the edge. He's tackled for a loss, and the Cowboys end up going into the half with a 10-7 lead. If they were going for it, I would've preferred to see an Eli Manning QB sneak/ fall forward, with Jacobs pushing the pile from behind off of a short count.

Burress, while I'm glad he didn't quit, made a bonehead play after the play was clearly dead. There was no reason to lay that hit, and Bob Whitfield, a fiftenn year vet, needs to be smarter than that, and not "bip" anyone after the play. In conjunction with the two other drive aiding/quelling, depending on which play the UR, or the crack back, they are still playing highly undisciplined football. not to mention the numerous "home" false starts.

Eli played well, and has shown once again that he works well in a no huddle offense. However, why did the Giants call a time-out as they drove down the field, which allowed for their to be over one minute remaining when they sill had all three time-outs? They apparently forgot about the MNF game against the Cowboys that ended the same way this game did, except in OT. They should've ran more time off the clock, which would've allowed for less time to go down the field.

The KO is terrible in coverage, they gave up great field position all game long, the KOR team is still struggling mightly. They gave up poor field position once again after the final Giant touchdown.

Will Demps and Gibirl Wilson may be two of the worst safeties in the game. Gibril got worked in the hole on the second Barber TD, failing to fill with any kind of conviction. He also missed and INT/ Pass defense, and really allowed the Cowboys to stay in the game. Demps letting Whitten get behind him was laughable. I don't know what coverage they were running, but I'm sure it didn't allow for players to get behind the safety. If it did, Lewis should be fired right now. RW McQuarters spent time covering grass again yresterday, and allowed for some completions over his head, convering the flat when there was no one there. this is not Madden, you do not need to be that disciplined. When there is no one attacking your zone, find the nearest player and help out. Keep an Eye on the mobile QB as you drift and gain depth.

With so many mistakes and the fact that the Giants were still in the game says something. It says that they are grossly underachieving due to a serious lack of discipline. Which falls directly on the coaches shoulders. He can't keep this team form self destructing week in and week out. Sorry TC, your time is up. Maybe someone else will know what time it is.

:clap:

...and why didn't Tyree know that the play is still alive until you are tackled? See: 19 yard completion on 3rd and 20. He was never touched while lying on the ground, and could have gotten the extra yard if he gave a half assed effort. His awareness attribute just went down in Madden... :TD:

While I agree with most of what you said, the Witten pass at the end of the game was a bad situation to call a blitz. One of the corners (I think that it was R.W.) was sent on a blitz and that left Wilson in 1-on-1 coverage with Terry Glenn. Demps ran over to help Wilson, and in the process he ran straight past Witten who was being trailed by Antonio Pierce. When the blitz couldn't get to Romo, he was able to find Witten in 1-on-1 with a LB and that is a dream for a TE. Now that's not to say that I'm excusing Demps, because he's shown that he was just a product of the Ravens defensive scheme... or he's just beneficiary of getting to play next to Ed Reed.

Also, they just showed the replay of the 4th and 1 on Sportscenter and Jacobs decided to bounce it outside WAY TOO EARLY. That play could've worked, but BJ just wasn't patient enough.

Now... It has been beaten to death and then some, but Hufnagle has to go. Number 1: It took this clown half the season to realize that you can't get your QB into a rhythm by throwing deep balls all the time. Number 2: FIVE TIMES WITHIN THE FIVE YARD LINE YESTERDAY THIS FOOL CALLS A PASS WHEN WE HAVE A 260LB MONSTER AS A RUNNING BACK! Granted, one of those plays was a TD to Burress, but WTF? Why is it that this guy can't seem to get it right? Is he getting paid to make horrible calls? I look at this offense from top to bottom and I think to myself that we should have over 35 points a game. Why are we struggling to hit 20? Answer: Hufnagle.

While I agree with most of what you said, the Witten pass at the end of the game was a bad situation to call a blitz. One of the corners (I think that it was R.W.) was sent on a blitz and that left Wilson in 1-on-1 coverage with Terry Glenn. Demps ran over to help Wilson, and in the process he ran straight past Witten who was being trailed by Antonio Pierce. When the blitz couldn't get to Romo, he was able to find Witten in 1-on-1 with a LB and that is a dream for a TE. Now that's not to say that I'm excusing Demps, because he's shown that he was just a product of the Ravens defensive scheme... or he's just beneficiary of getting to play next to Ed Reed.

Also, they just showed the replay of the 4th and 1 on Sportscenter and Jacobs decided to bounce it outside WAY TOO EARLY. That play could've worked, but BJ just wasn't patient enough.

Now... It has been beaten to death and then some, but Hufnagle has to go. Number 1: It took this clown half the season to realize that you can't get your QB into a rhythm by throwing deep balls all the time. Number 2: FIVE TIMES WITHIN THE FIVE YARD LINE YESTERDAY THIS FOOL CALLS A PASS WHEN WE HAVE A 260LB MONSTER AS A RUNNING BACK! Granted, one of those plays was a TD to Burress, but WTF? Why is it that this guy can't seem to get it right? Is he getting paid to make horrible calls? I look at this offense from top to bottom and I think to myself that we should have over 35 points a game. Why are we struggling to hit 20? Answer: Hufnagle.

That I agree with, had he even dipped in to his right, it would've commited Ware to the inside so that the blocker could've logged/hinged allowing Jacobs to cut outside. But had they called a simple dive up the middle from either a short set, or QB sneak they would've gotten it.

I agree with the terrible playcalling in the red zone. I mean Jacobs carried the ball all the way down to the 4 then they go pass immediately after. Quite puzzling. They need to get Jacobs way more touches period. Even if it's at the expense of Tiki. He hasn't been lighting it up recently and almost lost a fumble if not for Finn. If his thumb is bothering him, cut his carries and give them to the more healthy player.

...and why didn't Tyree know that the play is still alive until you are tackled? See: 19 yard completion on 3rd and 20. He was never touched while lying on the ground, and could have gotten the extra yard if he gave a half assed effort. His awareness attribute just went down in Madden... :TD:

I don't understand why he would keep rolling to get out of bounds, that was weird. He should've pooped up and run. I don't know. It's all discipline related. This team has got to e one of the most unaware teams in the league. Playing Madden next year is going to be like playing with a team of Ethan Albrights.

im glad someone besides myself saw the jacobs run as an of-tackle run. everyone seems to think the playcall was an up the middle run that jacobs bounced outside. jacobs did bounce it outsie but the handoff clearly indicated that it was an off-tackle run.

and i've been screaming about jacobs getting more carries all season and i couldn't agree with you guys more. to be honest, coughlin did increase jacobs touches last game, which i was happy about, but tiki seems to be slowing down as the season winds down. he seems to get snuffed 5-6 times in a row and then breaks a 20 yard run. if that's how he's running that it's platoon time.

i also love the little check offs and screens to jacobs. it enables him to get more momentum and get some really nice gains. i was hoping they'd start doing that more and it looks like they did pick up on the success of that play and implemented it last game. i still want tom gone, but i'll give him a little bit of credit for last night, he did improve on some obvious flaws in his decision making and gameplan

i also love the little check offs and screens to jacobs. it enables him to get more momentum and get some really nice gains. i was hoping they'd start doing that more and it looks like they did pick up on the success of that play and implemented it last game. i still want tom gone, but i'll give him a little bit of credit for last night, he did improve on some obvious flaws in his decision making and gameplan

I'm not going to say anything crazy like anyone should be able to play call with a team as talented as the Giants, but TC has really fallen off in regard to his control of this team. The costly mistakes at inopportune times has been the downfall of this team. Coughlin isn't getting his job done because this team remains one of the most penalized teams in the league. I would love to see an entire overhaul of the couaching on this team with someone that knows how to run a team. The friggin Jets are playing better football with a rookie coach and two rookie lineman. As much as I ripped Eli last week, he played better football this week. the Giant fell short on discipline and play calling.

im glad someone besides myself saw the jacobs run as an of-tackle run. everyone seems to think the playcall was an up the middle run that jacobs bounced outside. jacobs did bounce it outsie but the handoff clearly indicated that it was an off-tackle run.

and i've been screaming about jacobs getting more carries all season and i couldn't agree with you guys more. to be honest, coughlin did increase jacobs touches last game, which i was happy about, but tiki seems to be slowing down as the season winds down. he seems to get snuffed 5-6 times in a row and then breaks a 20 yard run. if that's how he's running that it's platoon time.

I disagree. It was his decision to not take the 3 points on the 4th and 1. Ultimately, it's his decision to pass so much from inside the 10, ignoring the 6'-4" 265lb. running back who averages 5 yards a carry. When has Jacobs NOT scored when called upon to do so this season? Tom Coughlin must go. I'd rather have Ray Handley at the helm again... :ph34r:

I disagree. It was his decision to not take the 3 points on the 4th and 1. Ultimately, it's his decision to pass so much from inside the 10, ignoring the 6'-4" 265lb. running back who averages 5 yards a carry. When has Jacobs NOT scored when called upon to do so this season? Tom Coughlin must go. I'd rather have Ray Handley at the helm again... :ph34r:

Jacobs seems to run even harder than normal inside the five making the decision to not even have him on thei field even more confusing. They kept putting Tiki in and running from the gun. It was nuts. If they weren't running form the gun, Eli was presenting himself in a way that indicated pass.

hey, the guy still blows and still made some bad decisions. all im saying is that he was slightly less shittier than he usually is :P

hey, the guy still blows and still made some bad decisions. all im saying is that he was slightly less shittier than he usually is :P

I think he was equally as shitty, but Eli was less shitty, kind of masking Coughlin's true shittiness... :confused:

great post right on point. i believe the call to go ahead on forth down was the right call, we had momentum and needed to make that to build confidence, I agree that the only way we make it is running jacobs, but why the FUCK did they send him on the outside instead of right down the middle???? that was a perfect scenario for jacobs to do what he does best, hes done it time and time again!!!

great post right on point. i believe the call to go ahead on forth down was the right call, we had momentum and needed to make that to build confidence, I agree that the only way we make it is running jacobs, but why the FUCK did they send him on the outside instead of right down the middle???? that was a perfect scenario for jacobs to do what he does best, hes done it time and time again!!!

Coughlin was just interviewed on WFAN and he said that they ran an Off Tackle play because they had a similar situation (although it was a 3rd and short) and ran a toss to Jacobs and he gained 11 yards. He also said that Jacobs chose the wrong hole to run through. The line had opened a hole on Whitfield's side but Jacobs had already made the decision to go to the outside.

Forgot to add that he also blew up on Mike and The Mad Dog when they questioned his job security. He said something like, "If you're not going to bring up anything positive we're gonna end this interview right now. I'm not the person to ask about my job security. My job is to try and get this team wins."

Coughlin was just interviewed on WFAN and he said that they ran an Off Tackle play because they had a similar situation (although it was a 3rd and short) and ran a toss to Jacobs and he gained 11 yards. He also said that Jacobs chose the wrong hole to run through. The line had opened a hole on Whitfield's side but Jacobs had already made the decision to go to the outside.

So basically Coughlin just admitted that he was outcoached since they tried to do what worked before, not realizing Dallas also probably knew it worked before and might be ready for it. :doh:

Forgot to add that he also blew up on Mike and The Mad Dog when they questioned his job security. He said something like, "If you're not going to bring up anything positive we're gonna end this interview right now. I'm not the person to ask about my job security. My job is to try and get this team wins."

I have to agree with Coughlin on this one. Even though Coughlin sucks ass right now, is there anyone who doubts his passion to win? No doubt he's trying his hardest to get a win. Those guys shouldn't have brought that up. No one wants to hear that shit when they are busting their ass trying to do their job.

You know what pisses me off? I was saying it the entire 4th quarter. The Giants always find ways to lose games against elite teams.

Seattle last year, Colts this year, Bears this year, and now Dallas who is definitely considered among the NFC's best. They play em close, they should be in position to win, but they just never pull it out.

You know what pisses me off? I was saying it the entire 4th quarter. The Giants always find ways to lose games against elite teams.

Seattle last year, Colts this year, Bears this year, and now Dallas who is definitely considered among the NFC's best. They play em close, they should be in position to win, but they just never pull it out.

cuz the coaching blows. when was the last time we beat an elite team? with the exception of the hawks game this season and the panthers playoff game all games against great teams have been winnable and we've blown it

We will never beat an Elite team with this coaching staff. We need a whole new philosophy. We need a players coach...but someone much tougher than Fassel...like Cowher. But, like Parcells...how good is he without his coordinators?

We will never beat an Elite team with this coaching staff. We need a whole new philosophy. We need a players coach...but someone much tougher than Fassel...like Cowher. But, like Parcells...how good is he without his coordinators?

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

I've been telling my friends that he's our next coach. It's a longshot, I know, but there were rumors about him leaving Pitt last year before they got hot so.... who knows?

I bet he'd love to have #27 on his team.

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

I've been telling my friends that he's our next coach. It's a longshot, I know, but there were rumors about him leaving Pitt last year before they got hot so.... who knows?

I bet he'd love to have #27 on his team.

Bring him in as offensive coordinator then :TU:

Not happening, but we can dream.

Over the course of the season, there is really only one team that can beat the Giants.....

....He can't keep this team form self destructing week in and week out. Sorry TC, your time is up. Maybe someone else will know what time it is.

Correct. There is ONE team that can beat the Giants EVERY WEEK! Tommmy C and his 'team' of coaches....they win every week. :brooding: :P

Over the course of the season, there is really only one team that can beat the Giants.....

....He can't keep this team form self destructing week in and week out. Sorry TC, your time is up. Maybe someone else will know what time it is.

Correct. There is ONE team that can beat the Giants EVERY WEEK! Tommmy C and his 'team' of coaches....they win every week. :brooding: :P