SportsWrath

My Annual Offseason Strategy Thread will be completed soon

Money

If we are doing this, can we reserve. If so, I'll take take the Texans. ;)

And I remember last year you said we shouldn't trade future picks. I actually think that'd make the game a little more interesting. We can make this kind of like a keeper league if for the most part all of our members stay here.

If we are doing this, can we reserve. If so, I'll take take the Texans. ;)

And I remember last year you said we shouldn't trade future picks. I actually think that'd make the game a little more interesting. We can make this kind of like a keeper league if for the most part all of our members stay here.

If I decide to organize another board-wide mock draft, I intend to privately contact the GMs who were the most dedicated/helpful last year, provide them with the opportunity to choose their team of preference, and then go public with the idea. Guys like barens, for example, deserve to choose instead of being subjected to a first-come first-serve set-up.

I've already decided that there will be no trading in the mock. Creates too much controversy and minimizes efficiency.

If I decide to organize another board-wide mock draft, I intend to privately contact the GMs who were the most dedicated/helpful last year, provide them with the opportunity to choose their team of preference, and then go public with the idea. Guys like barens, for example, deserve to choose instead of being subjected to a first-come first-serve set-up.

I've already decided that there will be no trading in the mock. Creates too much controversy and minimizes efficiency.

If you decide to go foward with this let me know, I'd like to be part of it.

I want to play too...... It wouldnt be a bad thing if trading was aloud.....Couple rules

1)There should be a commity that OK's all trades

2)Can not trade next years picks

3)there has to be a reason for the trade......Ex) Texans need a O-line if they trade the first pick for a first, second, fith, or what ever, then they need to pick an O-line man with atleast 2 picks

4) no trading players for picks

5) No trading for the sake of trading

6) Trade must benifit both teams and an explination is needed from both owners

I want to play too...... It wouldnt be a bad thing if trading was aloud.....Couple rules

3)there has to be a reason for the trade......Ex) Texans need a O-line if they trade the first pick for a first, second, fith, or what ever, then they need to pick an O-line man with atleast 2 picks

lol... and no touching below the waist.....hahahaha :P

I agree, trading would be more interesting for the league.

We did all of that last year and it was a mistake. There will be no trading, and that's that.

A.) It isn't a "game."

2.) I intend to structure it much differently than last year.

iii.) It is somewhat similar to the link provided, but there are some major differences. I am gonna to use the concept of a time slot, however, just in a different capacity.

Yes it was indeed. You know where I stand. You need help, i'll help. I'll even participate.

Just to clarify why it was a mistake...

I said that any trade made had to a.) be approved by a committee consisting of myself and 2 others, and b.) comply with Draft Value Chart.

The result? I had a bunch of snot-nosed teen-agers like MichiganFan sending me a thousand PMs and IMs each day with trade ideas, proposals, questions. Then, people bitched about the trades that were approved, while others took it personally when their trade proposals were denied. It just is not worth it...

Quick update on my offseason plan. Weekend events got in the way, so that delayed progress. The good news is that I should be done and have it posted by tomorrow afternoon ... 1:00-2:00.

I should say then when it is posted, you all will understand why it took so long. I've been typing it up in a Word document, and it is already 10 pages ... single spaced ... and I haven't even done the draft stuff yet!

Just to clarify why it was a mistake...

I said that any trade made had to a.) be approved by a committee consisting of myself and 2 others, and b.) comply with Draft Value Chart.

The result? I had a bunch of snot-nosed teen-agers like MichiganFan sending me a thousand PMs and IMs each day with trade ideas, proposals, questions. Then, people bitched about the trades that were approved, while others took it personally when their trade proposals were denied. It just is not worth it...

Well, we are probably a more mature group then posters such as MF but I see where you're coming from.

Quick update on my offseason plan. Weekend events got in the way, so that delayed progress. The good news is that I should be done and have it posted by tomorrow afternoon ... 1:00-2:00.

I should say then when it is posted, you all will understand why it took so long. I've been typing it up in a Word document, and it is already 10 pages ... single spaced ... and I haven't even done the draft stuff yet!

it's like christmas-freakin'-eve!

Almost done. Deciding on a 4-round mock has proven to be a lot more difficult than anticipated. I could be done in 5 minutes ... could be done in an hour. Tough call here.