SportsWrath

44mill for 3years for Jason Schmidt?

fringe

our 7th inning guy. he was a top setup man for a while up until this past season when he fell off and his ERA approached 4.00. then we got meredith sans the Y

ah, I see.

I actully sent an email to the guy who does the Rangers mailbag and talked about the possibility of Young being traded. He said unless the offer was far and away favoring the Rangers it won't happen. problem is with the salaries being paid this offseason, I'm worried our wonder kid of a GM will think Manny and his contract will be worth it. Young is a guy you just can't replace leadership wise, he's really the only "leader" we have.

The plan for the Giants is to offer each free agent enough to be in the running but not enought to actually sign them so that it looks to the fans that they are trying. .....

Then go to Bonds and sign him since no one else wants him.....then pick up a few over 35 ballpayers (Aurilia,etc.)...... tease the fans with good pitching and defense only to secure 4th place in the shitty division. :brooding:

You know whats going to happen right? The Cubs spend a boatload on players, step on everybody in the regular season, waltz through the playoffs, and crush their opponent in the WS. Just so I can hear "At least the Cubs spent all that money and dominated. What the hell is wrong with the Yankees?" :brooding:

The plan for the Giants is to offer each free agent enough to be in the running but not enought to actually sign them so that it looks to the fans that they are trying. .....

Then go to Bonds and sign him since no one else wants him.....then pick up a few over 35 ballpayers (Aurilia,etc.)...... tease the fans with good pitching and defense only to secure 4th place in the shitty division. :brooding:

case in point. we picked up dave roberts and rich aurillia. the only team that gets AARP rates at the hotels.

You know whats going to happen right? The Cubs spend a boatload on players, step on everybody in the regular season, waltz through the playoffs, and crush their opponent in the WS. Just so I can hear "At least the Cubs spent all that money and dominated. What the hell is wrong with the Yankees?" :brooding:

I actually think the Yankees are playing it smart for the first time in a long time. Brian Cashman can finally show his ability as a GM.