SportsWrath

Coincidence?

dyinghard

Here's a look at the Big Picture.

Last year, the Giants started off 6-2. Eli had big games against St. Louis and San Diego, in consecutive weeks. Through the first three games, he had a rating of 88.7, 689 yards 5 TD and 2 INT.

Through the Denver game, Eli had some nice games including the come from behind win in the Denver game. Starting with the 36-0 Redskin Massacre in the Meadowlands, Eli began a precipitous fall. Eli's rating in the Washington game was 51.3 for 146 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. He also had a season low for accuracy at 38.7% or 12 for thirty-one.

After winning in week eight to push the overall record to 6-2, the Giants were piosed for a dominant year.

They then lost to Minnesota in week 9. Eli was 23 for 48, 47.9% for 291 yards 1 TD and 4 INT and 39.5 rating.

He bounced back against Philly with a solid day. 17 for 26, 65.4% 218 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT a 130 rating.

Against Seattle he had big yardage, a couple of TD's and one pick.

Beginning with Dallas and ending with Washington, the Giants won and lost in spite of or due to, respectively, Eli.

Over the last five games of the season, Eli was 92 of 172, 53.5% 1098 yards 4 TD, 7 INT, a 64.1 rating.

The last game against Oakland padded that last section some as Eli tanked against Dallas with a season low 29.7 rating, tied his season low for accuracy of 38.7% and had 0 TD and 2 INT.

In the second Philly game while throwing for over three hundred yards, he also completed three passes to the defense. He had a 63.6% accuracy rating, 28 for 44. He also had a TD pass.

KC was Tiki day and Eli didn't have enough if the Giants needed it as he went 17 for 32 53.1% 1 TD 1 INT and a 68 rating.

And against Washington the second time..... Painfully mediocre 23 for 41 for 244 1 TD 1 INT a 76.1 rating. Was exactly lighting the world on fire there.

While the defense was injured towards the end of the year, that's no excuse for Manning's poor play over the course of the Second half of the season.

The Giants are now heading into the second half of the season now and guess who started off hot, and is now starting to fall off the face of the Earth. I'll give you a hint:

He's a former #1 pick in the 2004 NFL Draft.

He was traded for two first round picks and a second round pick.

He lead the team to a 6-2 first half record in 2005.

He lead the team to a 6-2 first half record in 2006.

He lead a dramatic comeback in the first half of the season in 2005.

He lead a dramatic comeback in the first half of the season in 2006.

Through 8 games Eli had 14 TD and 5 INT in 2005.

Through 8 games Eli had 15 TD and 9 INT in 2006.

The Ninth game of the season in 2005 Eli bombed against the NFC Central Vikings.

The Ninth game of the season in 2006 Eli bombed against the NFC Central Bears.

In 2005, the Giants fell to the Panthers 23-0, ousted in the first round after winning the Division.

In 2006, the Giants ______________________________________________________________.

You may like that pattern, but that's not the pattern of a champion. The Giants need a closer. Eli Manning needs to prove that he can close out a season. I don't want the blank to be filled in in 2006 the way it was in 2005.

Well thought out post. I remember a quote by Eli denying that 2006 is anything like last year.

I was hoping for Eli to become our franchise QB. But, we put ourselves in a situation that he absolutely must be. I don't know at this point if it's worth looking into our options at signing or drafting another QB to possibly push Eli for the starting role. But with continued play like this next year it's certainly something the Giants should (but won't) do.

We NEED a veteran backup... I've said it since two years ago... Hasselbeck sucks and Lorenzen isn't (and may never be) ready.

I said we'd need one in case Eli got hurt... way it's turning out, looks like we might need one even if he's healthy.

Like I said: I'm off the Eli bandwagon.

stop wasting your time writing stuff like this.... its thanksgiving.... spend some time with you family and stop with the conspiracy theories

Well, it's not a conspiracy theory. It's clearly a compilation of facts that show a trend.

A conspiracy theory would would be saying that Eli is tanking because his girlfriend asked for him to do so because she likes sleeping with losers.

Well, it's not a conspiracy theory. It's clearly a compilation of facts that show a trend.

A conspiracy theory would would be saying that Eli is tanking because his girlfriend asked for him to do so because she likes sleeping with losers.

maybe eli needs to be in a warm weather climate like san diego.

maybe eli needs to be in a warm weather climate like san diego.

Maybe Eli needs to work on his mechanics. Like working on good habits! It's obvious his QB coach can't see that Eli is a mess when it comes to techniques.

Hire Vinnie Testaverde, Boomer Esaison or Dan Fouts for Christ sake to coach this young kid into a better sound QB.

Maybe Eli needs to work on his mechanics. Like working on good habits! It's obvious his QB coach can't see that Eli is a mess when it comes to techniques.

Hire Vinnie Testaverde, Boomer Esaison or Dan Fouts for Christ sake to coach this young kid into a better sound QB.

I knew we were in trouble when we hired Gilbrite as our QB coach. he fucking sucked as head coach of the Chargers and as a Offensive coordinator of the Oilers and Jacksonville.

I knew we were in trouble when we hired Gilbrite as our QB coach. he fucking sucked as head coach of the Chargers and as a Offensive coordinator of the Oilers and Jacksonville.

Yes, out of all of the available guys we pick up this retread who sucked and fucked up where ever he landed. Talking about a charmed life and the Peter Principle in reverse. HC to OC to OC to QBC. A real downward spiral. Maybe he can top off his career here at Mara Tech and be reduced to running backs' coach and next thing you know when Coach Cheerleader is deposed he can become ..... ta da HC of the NYGiants. Nah it would never happen...paging Ray Handley...where are you Ray Handley...? :P