SportsWrath

Question about Burress' dropped 45 yarder

mws44

This is the way it looked Plax is not to sure of Eli and slowed down thats why he made the catch like he did. they show it on Mike and the Dog show on YES and if plax had faith in the kid the ball was there for a TD. Just that when Eli is short or off target all the time the reciever is not sure what to do????

To be perfectly honest I think Plax has no faith whatsoever in Eli. Most of the times he is rolling his eyes or giving disgusted looks to Eli. Maybe he is just tired of the poor throws that he has to make circus catches for or the 10 yards away from him throws. I will admit he has attitude issues (as the announcers pointed out professionals never quit) but it seems he just can't stand the bad throws by Eli. :unsure:

To be honest with you if anyone should be losing faith it's eli, granted plax has made some good catches,but how many drops has he had. I don't think plax likes to be hit hence so many routes being broken off on slants.

This is the way it looked Plax is not to sure of Eli and slowed down thats why he made the catch like he did. they show it on Mike and the Dog show on YES and if plax had faith in the kid the ball was there for a TD. Just that when Eli is short or off target all the time the reciever is not sure what to do????

You do make a valid point but I'm sure that the coaches tell these guys to keep running their routes. They practice this every day to get their timing down.

Plax did the same thing vs the Colts...i'm beginning to think he has no clue how to catch it in stride

Seriously. Do you remember last season's game in Washington, when Eli threw a perfect 50 yard pass to the end zone and Plax turned, jumped, and dropped the ball? I remember thinking, "Why didn't he just let the ball come to him?" No doubt that ball would have fallen right in his hands, in stride. It was the first drive of the game and he blew a big opportunity and the Giants lost... <-- just like Monday night

That's Grade A Baloney. The only thing he had to do was play the ball, and he fucked it up. We would have taken the lead on that play, 17-16, and it might have been a different game. He deserves some of the blame. It doesn't all fall on Eli.

According to a friend of mine at the game, he said PLAX did not turn up his motor on the route until late, thus the ball was a perfectly thrown ball and should have been an 80 yard TD. Plax also ran a lazy route on a 3rd and 5 slant pattern that he should have caught, but again had a case of alligator arms.

It's so easy to hate so many WRs in the NFL these days. We need an influx of young respectable studs that can make us forget about guys like Moss, TO, and maybe even Plax.

It just makes fans like me have more respect for Harrison or guys like him.