SportsWrath

Question about Burress' dropped 45 yarder

mws44

Did any of you think Burress could have caught that ball with two hands outstretched and stayed in stride? It looked to me like he could have grabbed that ball on the run and possibly even scored, instead he tried to tip it to himself and make it a harder catch. I'm not really trying to bash him here, just frustrated and wondering what other people thought of this play.

Did any of you think Burress could have caught that ball with two hands outstretched and stayed in stride? It looked to me like he could have grabbed that ball on the run and possibly even scored, instead he tried to tip it to himself and make it a harder catch. I'm not really trying to bash him here, just frustrated and wondering what other people thought of this play.

Looked to me like he was at full extension and tipping the ball back to himslef was the only way to catch it.

Sure if Eli threw it to him there. People seem to like bashing Plax but I cringe to think what this teams record would be without him. He has made some spectacular plays on some awful Eli throws.

Sure if Eli threw it to him there. People seem to like bashing Plax but I cringe to think what this teams record would be without him. He has made some spectacular plays on some awful Eli throws.

He also gives up on his routes often, disapears in games, and gives lackluster effort tackling someone after an INT.

Falcons game Deangelo Hall gets an INT. Plax starts heading for the sideline nice and slow, not even bothering to make an effort. Hall comes in his direction and suddenly Plax is running fast and lays Hall out.

What did everyone remember? Over at the GMB that play was "OMG did you see Plax lay him out?!?!?!?!" All I saw was Plax give up and then make a great play when it was handed to him.

Of course he might have been slacking off on that INT just to get Hall to come in his direction, but if that were the case Plax should be our OC cause damn that is good thinking.

I'm tired of his bullshit. He's a child in a man's body.

We should've cut his ass when he was a no show for the team meeting after the playoff loss.

But as far as the play in question, I think he was giving full effort. Something we don't see from him often. Ofcourse, when the play was reversed, he clearly gave up.

To be perfectly honest I think Plax has no faith whatsoever in Eli. Most of the times he is rolling his eyes or giving disgusted looks to Eli. Maybe he is just tired of the poor throws that he has to make circus catches for or the 10 yards away from him throws. I will admit he has attitude issues (as the announcers pointed out professionals never quit) but it seems he just can't stand the bad throws by Eli. :unsure:

To be perfectly honest I think Plax has no faith whatsoever in Eli. Most of the times he is rolling his eyes or giving disgusted looks to Eli. Maybe he is just tired of the poor throws that he has to make circus catches for or the 10 yards away from him throws. I will admit he has attitude issues (as the announcers pointed out professionals never quit) but it seems he just can't stand the bad throws by Eli. :unsure:

Well I think it has something to do with around 70-90% of his catches have him going up high for them and opening himself to getting nailed coming down.

Well I think it has something to do with around 7-90% of his catches have him going up high for them and opening himself to getting nailed coming down.

Last night it seemed the Jaguars DB's/LB's were looking to nail anybody near the ball; and the way Opie Cookie Puss stretches his guys out, I think you may be on the right track in terms of the possible resentment. Just about every throw he has made during the last six games (even when caught) have required some kind of adjustment to the ball by the receiver. No one ever seems to catch the ball in stride, giving the defenders time to adjust and nail our guys. The G-men receivers should be getting discounts on their flak jackets and their disability insurance.

I thought it was a beautiful throw. Plax did a great job of getting open, but it appeared that he lost it in the lights somewhat, kept the ball up in the air, and made a great effort on trying to get the catch. But I personally thought that Plax should've caught it and got a TD. That one was a killer. Because it was a beautiful throw.

I thought it was a beautiful throw. Plax did a great job of getting open, but it appeared that he lost it in the lights somewhat, kept the ball up in the air, and made a great effort on trying to get the catch. But I personally thought that Plax should've caught it and got a TD. That one was a killer. Because it was a beautiful throw.

Jesus, GateB can you be more of a Eli homer? My god.

Based on my opinion off of one throw, I'm a homer? It was a great throw in the middle of a shitty game for Eli. You know I know well enough how bad Eli played, but by no means does it make me a homer to believe that it was a great throw by Eli.

Dude, if you didn't think that was a nice throw then you are not being objective either. You are being a homer, just on the negative side of the line.

When he dropped to the ground after the challenge all i could think was "Wow what a fucking pussy"... I mean come on, you're a fuckin pro and you're gonna act like a little girl? He knew he didn't catch it, why the whole act?

RUN THE FUCKING BALL

if that doesn't work

GET SHOCKEY THE BALL

if that doesn't work

RUN THE FUCKIN HURRY UP

if that doesn't work

RUN THE FUCKIN BALL AGAIN

I would have to see the play again. However based on my recollection and based on my own experience catching the football, Plax could've made the catch had he reached for the ball when it was directly over his head as opposed to letting it sail forward then having to dive for it.

I thought the same thing when it happened. Something just didn't look right to me, the way he went after that ball. I do believe he had the chance to grab it with two hands in stride, yes.

I'm not bashing Plax. I totally understand what he brings to this team. It just looked like he made that catch harder on himself than it had to be. That was one of Eli's few good throws last night.

That and the one to Carter that should have been pass interference were both excellent throws, it's the ones into the stands, ground, and opponent's hands that he must stop. :furious:

I agree with him on this one. I said it last night, something looked odd about the way he went after that ball. That said, Eli sucked last night.... <-- just to show I'm no Eli homer.. :TU:

I don't think a nice throw is one where the reciever has to tip it to himself. But, maybe I need to see the play again.

Oh, and gateb it isn't just this thread.

I consider myself to be cautiously optimist. Enlighten me on where my homerness shows.

One mistake I know I made was that I predicted this game would be a rout... in Giants favor :brooding:

When he dropped to the ground after the challenge all i could think was "Wow what a fucking pussy"... I mean come on, you're a fuckin pro and you're gonna act like a little girl? He knew he didn't catch it, why the whole act?

RUN THE FUCKING BALL

if that doesn't work

GET SHOCKEY THE BALL

if that doesn't work

RUN THE FUCKIN HURRY UP

if that doesn't work

RUN THE FUCKIN BALL AGAIN

He fell down because he knew it was the Giants last good chance. He was right and the rest of your post is dead on. Huff needs to be bitched slapped so that he will remember that running the ball is very necessary.

That pass was perfectly thrown, Plax slowed up on it. If he kept running full speed, Plax wouldn't have had to extend his arms and it would have been a TD. Eli has enough pressure on him, he doesn't need to get blamed for his good throws too. BTW, it's the second time that Plax slowed on his route this year.

Eli had another putrid game but some of you need to look at the play before you automatically blame Eli.