SportsWrath

I'm going to mail a tape to Giants Stadium tomorrow.

boohyah

And the tape is highlights of us winning the superbowls, and it shows how basic command of football 101 wins games. It shows that if you want to get your offense started you throw passes to your big tough bastard tight end, in this case how many fucking momentum changes did Bavaro cause. It shows you that in order to wear down a defense, you run the fucking ball hard and pound right up the middle, just like Joe Morris and otis Anderson used to and how maurice carthon used to block the shit out of linebackers. It shows you how to used your wide receivers economically, I mean how many teams win superbowls with wide receivers such as Lionel manuel, Bobby Jackson, mark Ingram, Stephen baker and for christ sake Phil McConkey. It shows how a tough determined QB makes difference, how accurate Simms was and how Hostetler had the presence of mind to hold onto the ball even though he knew he was going to be crushed, because it was the difference between 2 and 7 points.

It shows defensive linemen imposing their will on the offense, it shows linebackers tracking down running backs and making plays on the ball. Oh and yes, sure a wide receiver could catch a ball on our secondary, however he got the snot knocked out of him when he came down. Ask Andre reed how sore he was after the superbowl.

It was made to seem so easy, because it was, it was the basics. Now I know we have injuries, but we had them then too> Furthermore, I think it's fair to say that we've got more talent now, even with injuries. So it would seem to me that if you play the game the way we're successful, the way Giants football should be, smashmouth football, defense first football, you'd think, hey with this crew we should dominate teams shouldn't we?

I think Tom should watch those tapes, and start playing our brand of football, we're winning nothing like this, no matter who gets hurt or healthy. The Giants have gotten too far away from what symbolises us. It's too bad, because we might win more games than we lose, but when it gets to crunch time, we won't know how to cope. All Tom has to do is see what Lovie Smith is doing with the Bears, he's not trying to be a genius coach, he's trying to recreate the identity of the Bears, and he's succeeding, and that's why they're 9-1.

We need to get back there, it's really simple.

Hell, just send them a tape of the Falcons and Cowboys games this year.

Those are on DVD I think.

I wouldn't send those either, because in those games we were helped out by the ineptitude of 2 Qb"s (vick and Bledsoe). yes we played well but I wouldn't consider either game indicative of smashmouth football.

Those are on DVD I think.

I wouldn't send those either, because in those games we were helped out by the ineptitude of 2 Qb"s (vick and Bledsoe). yes we played well but I wouldn't consider either game indicative of smashmouth football.

You're right, but Zi wouldn't exactly call gerard Dan marino just yet. What i meant was in those games we took advantage of the situations and did what we needed to do, last night, we just kinda, stood around.

I know what you're saying VG, but the idea of being a dominant team is not to take advantage of the oppositions mistakes but to impose yourself on the other team. Actually the Falcon game is not a bad choice in terms of D, because we beat the shit out of Vick and forced him to play like crap.

I know what you're saying VG, but the idea of being a dominant team is not to take advantage of the oppositions mistakes but to impose yourself on the other team. Actually the Falcon game is not a bad choice in terms of D, because we beat the shit out of Vick and forced him to play like crap.

I understand, this team will never impose their will with our coaches. They got hung up on that score early bullshit like the Dallas and Eagles game, coming out firing and getting a TD on the first drive.

When you think of our 2 SB teams and the players we have now, we have better players now. Our offensive line is pretty good and they love to run block. We have a great slasher rb, and a bulldozer type RB, who's bigger than Hampton/OJ/ Morris ever were. You've got a big time TE who plays hard a la Bavaro and our wide receivers are a little better. If you play the old style football, you're team stays on the field and wears down the defense. It's a simple process, and this coaching staff tries to get away from that.

When you think of our 2 SB teams and the players we have now, we have better players now. Our offensive line is pretty good and they love to run block. We have a great slasher rb, and a bulldozer type RB, who's bigger than Hampton/OJ/ Morris ever were. You've got a big time TE who plays hard a la Bavaro and our wide receivers are a little better. If you play the old style football, you're team stays on the field and wears down the defense. It's a simple process, and this coaching staff tries to get away from that.

:TU: Exactly, better talent on O, but we have Bronco Billy calling the plays.