SportsWrath

Another Disapointing season

so-cal dub

I almost want to cry. This team went from sad to great to pathetic. We may still win the division, maybe a wildcard, but we arent advancing in the playoffs. This team is pathetic now, and I really hope this coaching staff doesnt return. I almost feel we need to rebuild. The team is old, Tiki retiring.......

UGH...just a bad, bad loss. :brooding:

I almost want to cry. This team went from sad to great to pathetic. We may still win the division, maybe a wildcard, but we arent advancing in the playoffs. This team is pathetic now, and I really hope this coaching staff doesnt return. I almost feel we need to rebuild. The team is old, Tiki retiring.......

UGH...just a bad, bad loss. :brooding:

I am with you So Cal. All these fucking injuries to key players coupled with lousy coaching equals a mediocre season.

They don't need to rebuild, but the FO will have to make a decision in the off -season because after 3 years, the team is still not discliplined and with more talent than they had in years, they need to be getting more out of them. Somebody new might get them to perform better.

They don't need to rebuild, but the FO will have to make a decision in the off -season because after 3 years, the team is still not discliplined and with more talent than they had in years, they need to be getting more out of them. Somebody new might get them to perform better.

Yeah Coach Cheer Leader is a lot like Pat "I Could not Win Shit Without Magic, Worthy and Kareem". The players start tuning them out with all of that rah rah shit. And no real plan.

Yeah Coach Cheer Leader is a lot like Pat "I Could not Win Shit Without Magic, Worthy and Kareem". The players start tuning them out with all of that rah rah shit. And no real plan.

That's my point, Coughlin's mantra, let me get everybody walking in a straight line then we're gone to walk through teams. well, there's still no straight line and they seem to be rudderless. that's what so disappointing.

if we blow the division and miss out on the playoffs or not get at least 1 playoff victory coughlin's gone, i just hope the new owners know what they're doing when they hire EA's replacement at gm so we can make the right decision this time

I can't put all the blame on Coughlin, but I can put some. And yeah, between the change in GM and the limited success given the talent on this team, I can't see his contract being extended. Again, I don't think that the losing is enough of Coughlin's fault for him to be fired, but it is enough of his fault for him not to be extended.

well if they keep this up and miss the playoffs i think it's easier to start lumping more blame on him. i mean he is in charge of the entire operation

While true, it's still up to the players on the field to execute. You can bark at players all day long, but at the end of the day, it's up to the players to perform and they just aren't. It's highly debateable whether the coach isn't coaching or the players aren't playing. That's why I'm saying Coughlin won't be fired, but at the same time saying that his chances of being extended or re-hired are getting slimmer and slimmer by the day.

While true, it's still up to the players on the field to execute. You can bark at players all day long, but at the end of the day, it's up to the players to perform and they just aren't. It's highly debateable whether the coach isn't coaching or the players aren't playing. That's why I'm saying Coughlin won't be fired, but at the same time saying that his chances of being extended or re-hired are getting slimmer and slimmer by the day.

right, we're coming off an 11 win season and in first place right now, so under most circumstances saying tc will be fired would be premature--in fact if he had two years on his contract and EA was staying i would say that all hope is lost because i would not see good old irish catholic boston college tom coughlin being fired by these owners