SportsWrath

Its time to sit the kid

smugiant2008

granted people have been dropping his balls left and right..... however i saw something from him that i dont think i have ever before.... when Plax was jogging and dropped that slant.... Eli got pissed off and let him know it.... maybe he can light a fire under their asses and we can still salvage this game..... we have to go no huddle the entire way

granted people have been dropping his balls left and right..... however i saw something from him that i dont think i have ever before.... when Plax was jogging and dropped that slant.... Eli got pissed off and let him know it.... maybe he can light a fire under their asses and we can still salvage this game..... we have to go no huddle the entire way

Yeah and someone needs to put a foot into his ass as well. Because he has been totally sissified for too fucking long. And Opie just has to play better than this. He is getting time to throw...shit he is starting to look like ol Happy Feet (Collins) himself. Seeing and feeling pressure that is not there. This is an indication that Opie is feeling pressure in his mind ...so he is definitely due for an ass chew. So who should do it. Tiki or Shockey. Tiki might be gentler but he would be criticized because he is retiring. Shockey would go in without any grease but he would get eaten alive because he is a loose cannon. Decisions..decisions.

Some one needs to get Eli pissed off. Maybe Plax did it on that play. Eli needs to step up and lead this offense. Show some fucking emotion that isn't :cry:
You are right that someone needs to get the attention of Elisha and it should be the Head Coach. He should start Jared, the second team qb, because he can't be any worse than Elisha. :furious:

i hate to say it cuz we're 1st in the division and have a ton invested in eli including what we gave up for his draft rights, but he's not cutting it and this game is still within reach. worry about the ensuing controversy after the game

i hate to say it cuz we're 1st in the division and have a ton invested in eli including what we gave up for his draft rights, but he's not cutting it and this game is still within reach. worry about the ensuing controversy after the game
As far as I am concerned, Tom and his choice of assistants(Loser Lewis & Stupid Nagle) should be replaced after this season. All of them are incompetent fools and even you and I could call a better game. :clap:

As far as I am concerned, Tom and his choice of assistants(Loser Lewis & Stupid Nagle) should be replaced after this season. All of them are incompetent fools and even you and I could call a better game. :clap:

I dont think the assistants should finish the season, TC should be put on notice that he is next

im with both of you guys. i'll give lewis credit for simplifying the defense (an adjustment! holy shit!) and still keeping them respectable despite the injuries, but hufnagel has sucked since his first day here and so has coughlin. luckily for us coughlin is going into his last season and traditionally the giants never let a coach do that. they either extend him or fire him. if coughlin keeps this up and we blow the division lead and the playoffs then you'd think he'd get fired, and if there is any doubt about that we DO have a new gm coming in next season and gm's like to have their own guys in there

im with both of you guys. i'll give lewis credit for simplifying the defense (an adjustment! holy shit!) and still keeping them respectable despite the injuries, but hufnagel has sucked since his first day here and so has coughlin. luckily for us coughlin is going into his last season and traditionally the giants never let a coach do that. they either extend him or fire him. if coughlin keeps this up and we blow the division lead and the playoffs then you'd think he'd get fired, and if there is any doubt about that we DO have a new gm coming in next season and gm's like to have their own guys in there

From your mouth to God's ears...or at least a Mara/Tisch.

I don't know why you would give Lewis credit. He started this season with his defense getting chewed up by passing the same way he did last year. New players, new secondary coach, same results. That's pretty damning.

The "adjustment" was the pass rush finally kicked-in. Now that it's gone, we're back to swiss-cheese secondary.

I don't know why you would give Lewis credit. He started this season with his defense getting chewed up by passing the same way he did last year. New players, new secondary coach, same results. That's pretty damning.

The "adjustment" was the pass rush finally kicked-in. Now that it's gone, we're back to swiss-cheese secondary.

i credit him for the pass rush kicking in, he calls the plays and makes the gameplan

I woke up this morning thinking the Hefty Lefty should start this next game. Eli needs a wakeup call that he has to learn how to throw a ball. I don't understand how someone who did so well in college could miss receivers as bad as he has been this season. I defended him up until now. That is over.

Yep. I'm officially off the Eli bandwagon. He's an average to (maybe) good QB; not elite, not gonna be in the Pro Bowl, and definitely not better than Rivers and Merriman (and whoever else the Chargers got).

Weak arm, bad mechanics, immobile, bad decision making (how many more times are we gonna see throws into double coverage this year)... he's awful. Not taking the next step.

Too bad we didn't go out and sign an NFL-calubur backup again; then maybe we could sit Eli and try to salvage the season.

Yep. I'm officially off the Eli bandwagon. He's an average to (maybe) good QB; not elite, not gonna be in the Pro Bowl, and definitely not better than Rivers and Merriman (and whoever else the Chargers got).

Weak arm, bad mechanics, immobile, bad decision making (how many more times are we gonna see throws into double coverage this year)... he's awful. Not taking the next step.

Too bad we didn't go out and sign an NFL-calubur backup again; then maybe we could sit Eli and try to salvage the season.

That one interception he threw....there were 2 defenders not covering the receiver, they were RIGHT INFRONT OF HIM. No chance whatsoever to get that ball in, but he throws it. And the sad part is, that was a great throw IF no defender was in the way. The one good pass he throws all game goes right into the numbers of a defender. Thanks Eli!

We may not have an NFL-caliber backup, but Eli needs to sit a game, spend some time on the sideline assessing WHY he is there.

Unfortunetaly this coaching staff is one of the worst in the league and hasn't had a creative thought their entire time here. Like I said in the Shockey topic, they didn't even bother looking at the film on Shockey his first seasons here. They just put him on the line and said "go and do what you did with Fassel...oh but we aren't splitting you out wide anymore. Good luck getting open!"

The only good thing this coaching staff has done is fix Tiki's fumbling problem. Thats it.

Philip Rivers, Shawn Merriman, Nate Kaeding > Eli Manning

I hate to use that argument because we couldn't have known how high up Merriman would go or where Kaeding was going to go. However, that's the reality of it. Fuck, even if you take into account that Roethlisberger was available when we made the trade for Eli. We could have had Roethlisberger and not lost those other picks. I'm not saying that Roethlisberger would have done any better last night, but he certainly would not have done any worse.

I've been thinking it for some time now, and hinted here and there, that Eli Manning was no where near worth what we paid for him. His few bright spots have been vastly overshadowed by his play recently. And it's going to take a season's worth of success for him to overcome the criticism he's brought upon himself. It's not entirely his fault, but damn near. He had time to throw. He had some open receivers. And he fucks it all up. Granted, there was no running game to speak of to help him out, but you complete one or two passes downfield, and that will open up.

I don't mind Eli throwing the ball into double coverage, up high, where only Plaxico can get it. What pisses me off though is that Eli throws high and long when the fucking receiver is 10 yards away and wide open, but then when the guy is double covered deep, he throws it 5-10 yards short, which is an almost guaranteed interception.

These next two weeks will tell the season. At Tennessee and home against Dallas. These are must win games. We lose either one, either one of them, and we're done. Might still make the playoffs, but this team has not given me the confidence needed to make me think we'd go any further than a first round exit. The only reassuring thing is that at 6-4, we are tied for the 2nd best record in the NFC.

You cannot say he will not be an all-pro. All it takes in one good season, and he has shown flashes of being a very good QB. I do not think any of the losses can be put on his shoulders. Benching Eli is the wrong thing to do.

The way to get back on track is to give the future Hall of Fame running back the FUCKING BALL

You cannot say he will not be an all-pro. All it takes in one good season, and he has shown flashes of being a very good QB. I do not think any of the losses can be put on his shoulders. Benching Eli is the wrong thing to do.

The way to get back on track is to give the future Hall of Fame running back the FUCKING BALL

When he is consistently overthrowing/underthrowing receivers, losses can be put on his shoulders. Of course it isn't the sole reason, but it is a huge one.

And while I agree with giving the ball to Tiki, the Oline wasn't opening holes. 1.8 ypc, 25 yards....

Tiki may very well not be Canton bound. I like Tiki a lot being a Giants fan, but even I have a hard time enshrining him due to the lack of production early in his career. Not necessarily his fault, but he just didn't get the touches early on. Add to that the fumbling issues that plagued him up until Coughlin came in and fixed it and it's very possible he doesn't make the cut.

And as far as giving him the ball, he didn't do shit with it last night when he did get it. Again, not necessarily his fault when there's two guys in the backfield with him before he can go three steps. Everyone failed in this game, Shockey somewhat aside. Nobody fucking played. Benching the "leader" of the team, could go a long way in letting everyone know how much they fucking suck. I'm not saying not to start the kid, I'm just saying to shorten that leash. Two games of absolute shit from Eli is enough. Start him against Tennessee, but if he comes out in the same slump, sit him.

Tiki may very well not be Canton bound. I like Tiki a lot being a Giants fan, but even I have a hard time enshrining him due to the lack of production early in his career. Not necessarily his fault, but he just didn't get the touches early on. Add to that the fumbling issues that plagued him up until Coughlin came in and fixed it and it's very possible he doesn't make the cut.

And as far as giving him the ball, he didn't do shit with it last night when he did get it. Again, not necessarily his fault when there's two guys in the backfield with him before he can go three steps. Everyone failed in this game, Shockey somewhat aside. Nobody fucking played. Benching the "leader" of the team, could go a long way in letting everyone know how much they fucking suck. I'm not saying not to start the kid, I'm just saying to shorten that leash. Two games of absolute shit from Eli is enough. Start him against Tennessee, but if he comes out in the same slump, sit him.

Yes Tiki did nothing with it... Bullshit. He did nothing with it when they brought him into the shotgun and had him run a draw five times. Not once did they go to the extra TE with Seubert. Tiki has been running behind that formation all season for 6 yards a carry. They did not even go to it once. Run behind McEn and Snee with Seubert coming on a pull and I guarantee Tiki will get the hard yardage.

Kick a little ass with the offense as opposed to pussyfooting it everydown

Yes Tiki did nothing with it... Bullshit. He did nothing with it when they brought him into the shotgun and had him run a draw five times. Not once did they go to the extra TE with Seubert. Tiki has been running behind that formation all season for 6 yards a carry. They did not even go to it once. Run behind McEn and Snee with Seubert coming on a pull and I guarantee Tiki will get the hard yardage.

Kick a little ass with the offense as opposed to pussyfooting it everydown