SportsWrath

How To Call A Game 101

What he has to say is relevant to the game. He is not a homer...especially when he gives insight into the Prostitute's (e.g. Bill Parcells) line of thinking and tendencies. Now compare him to that Cowgirl shill Troy Aikman...it is a totally different ball game. Also he is smooth sailing as compared to choppy and forced that a lot of these athletes turned announcers. I would love to have him as a quarterback coach, or at least a consultant with the Giants. I remember during one of his later pre-season games in 91' or 92' giving all assembled including the TV audience a clinic on how to throw the ball in Giants stadium. You also heard some of the resentment that he had against someone like Montana who never would had the career that he had in Frisco. Just imagine Simms in a west coast offense. He would be a shoo in for the Hall of Fame.

What he has to say is relevant to the game. He is not a homer...especially when he gives insight into the Prostitute's (e.g. Bill Parcells) line of thinking and tendencies. Now compare him to that Cowgirl shill Troy Aikman...it is a totally different ball game. Also he is smooth sailing as compared to choppy and forced that a lot of these athletes turned announcers. I would love to have him as a quarterback coach, or at least a consultant with the Giants. I remember during one of his later pre-season games in 91' or 92' giving all assembled including the TV audience a clinic on how to throw the ball in Giants stadium. You also heard some of the resentment that he had against someone like Montana who never would had the career that he had in Frisco. Just imagine Simms in a west coast offense. He would be a shoo in for the Hall of Fame.

IMO, that makes Simms a tad better than Montana. Simms had ZERO hall of fame all pro recievers to throw to. AND all Simms really had was Bavaro for 2-3 seasons. :confused:

Wow! I forgot how feisty Phillip Simms was! They showed a tape of him and the Tuna gettin' they yell on! Simms told Tuna to 'shut up'!!!!

And I'll never forget the MNF game with Simms and Lott going face to face after the Giants lost 7-3....I knew that Phillip was something special!

IMO, that makes Simms a tad better than Montana. Simms had ZERO hall of fame all pro recievers to throw to. AND all Simms really had was Bavaro for 2-3 seasons. :confused:

Oh fuck yeah....Simms could take a hit a lot better than Montana...was more accurate in my opinion...and had a stronger arm. In fact I was never a member of the Montana Love Fest that was the NFL of the 80's and early 90's. He was a slightly above average quarterback who was in the right system.... with consistently good drafts....two head coaches who understood offense (Walsh and Siefert)...and believe or not a front office with a man who was rightfully chased out of NY John McVay who kept the Niner cookie jar filled with top knotch drafts and free agents. So yes if Simms had all of that, he would be an All-Time level quarterback. Montana is such a selfish cocksucker that he is not even connected to the game in a meaningful way. Kind of shows you how grateful he is to the industry that spawned and nurtured his personality cult. :TD:

Wow! I forgot how feisty Phillip Simms was! They showed a tape of him and the Tuna gettin' they yell on! Simms told Tuna to 'shut up'!!!!

And I'll never forget the MNF game with Simms and Lott going face to face after the Giants lost 7-3....I knew that Phillip was something special!

What about the game they had against the Bears in 91' and he gets sacked by Singletary and Dent....Singletary gets up and walks back to the huddle; whereas Dent wants to do a little hotdogging in Simms' face. Well Mr. Dent was shocked when Simms did not duck his head like a beat down quarterback (Theisman, Jaworski anyone) and he gives Dent the finger and screams out at him "FUCK YOU". It was fucking priceless to see the clueless look on his face. I just sacked this guy and he still is not afraid of me...oh shit. :LMAO:

What about the game they had against the Bears in 91' and he gets sacked by Singletary and Dent....Singletary gets up and walks back to the huddle; whereas Dent wants to do a little hotdogging in Simms' face. Well Mr. Dent was shocked when Simms did not duck his head like a beat down quarterback (Theisman, Jaworski anyone) and he gives Dent the finger and screams out at him "FUCK YOU". It was fucking priceless to see the clueless look on his face. I just sacked this guy and he still is not afraid of me...oh shit. :LMAO:

:flex::LMAO:

Simms was a TUFF bastid!

Wheres I am a lil scared for Eli...he's so emotionless. For once I'd like to see him get feisty with anyone on the opposing team.

I've gotta give Montana his due... he was really, really good.

But Simms was a LOT tougher and feistier. He was one tough SOB, and a workout warrior to boot. I remember one game (MNF I think) where the Jets with Gastineau and Co. knocked Simms on his ass after every throw. Simms kept getting up... and threw two TDs (think it was two, at least... I had to go to bed cuz I was still in grade school lol). He just WOULD NOT back down from the pass rush.

The only guy he had to throw to that even made the ProBowl, let alone all-Pro, was Bavaro. Not to mention the Giants "run on first and second, pass on third if necessary" offense didn't exactly make things easy for Simms.

I mean, let's face it, Montana's record speaks for itself, but I just don't think he's the best QB of his era.

What I love about Simms, other than the fact the he's Simms, is that he doesn't talk about himself or his career like most ex-athletes turned announcers do. :TU:

Let's face it--he doesn't have to. Giants fans still speak about him in hushed, solemn tones and hope for his return someday in our direst need...

Guys, I like Simms also, but Montana was a better QB. Just as you say that if Simms had Rice/ Taylor Rathman/ Clark, well apart from Rice, it's fair to say Montana made them better players also. Let's be real here.

:brooding:

Yeah, I guess i was being a little homerish. But Simms didn't have a line.

Guys, I like Simms also, but Montana was a better QB. Just as you say that if Simms had Rice/ Taylor Rathman/ Clark, well apart from Rice, it's fair to say Montana made them better players also. Let's be real here.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! YOU TAKE THAT BACK NOW!!!! :P

(Tittle was probably the best QB the Giants ever had.)

What I love about Simms, other than the fact the he's Simms, is that he doesn't talk about himself or his career like most ex-athletes turned announcers do. :TU:

Exactly...what the Giants organization did to him in 93' still sticks in my craw...basically forcing him to retire so that Young's pet project...ol' useless, blame everyone but me Dave "Numb Nuts" Brown. Even though Reeves was the one to tell him it was over, I do not think it was his call, as evidenced by his lack of enthusiasm for Numb Nuts for the latter 2 years of the 3 year experiment of "Can Dave Brown be the Man". It should have been "Is Dave Brown a Man?".

Let's face it--he doesn't have to. Giants fans still speak about him in hushed, solemn tones and hope for his return someday in our direst need...

I guess we are stuck in a Lord of The Rings loop, waiting for the return of the king, lol.