SportsWrath

Gameday Thread: NY Giants vs. Jacksonville Jaguars

BronxRik

Maybe it's because we have the Titans next week, but something tells me that this is the last we'll see of bad Giants football. I dunno... maybe it's true or maybe it's misplaced optimism... but I have a feeling that the Giants are gonna do something amazing in the next few weeks. This was a rough last two games but we have our guys coming back soon and I can feel a change in our luck as of late coming on.

Now that being said... Hopefully Strahan and Osi will be back at full strength soon and we can formulate some kind of a pass rush. And I am praying that Sam Madison recovers from his injury as soon as possible because it's painful to watch Webster look like a fool on almost every play.

We finally started giving Shockey the ball... but it still took forever to do. Come on people... it's not that hard to understand.

WTF happened to Tiki and Jacobs tonight? Not nearly enough carries. Tiki was getting shut down but again Jacobs ends up only getting a very small amount of touches. Tiki didn't look himself tonight either. I don't think that the thumb had anything to do with his lack of production in the running game but the dropped passes were another thing.

Defensive Pass Interference anyone? Carter and Burress were raped on those plays (you know which ones) and no flags were thrown? :confused: Wilford's play was different because his ball wasn't catchable and he was interfering just as much as Webster was, but these were clear cut DPIs and they were ignored.

Manning was very erratic tonight just as he's been for a while now. I think that losing a safety valve like Toomer is really starting to take its toll on him. However had the running game gotten going and Shockey been given the ball earlier I think that we have a completely different story. This is all the more reason to GET SHOCKEY INVOLVED FROM THE START OF THE GAME.

Can someone please tell Tim Lewis that we still have to cover the middle of the field. His zone schemes suck ass, but then again it's not like we have a shut down corner to rely on. Anyway this has to be fixed immediately.

I never thought in a million years I'd say this, but PLEASE GET WELL AND COME BACK SOON LUKE! Eli's scared to death without him and having to give him help is causing our passing game to suffer more than it already is.

Alright... now that I've gotten my analysis out of the way... it was a bad loss, but there's absolutely nothing we can do about it now. Time to focus on the Titans and time to focus on getting back to our winning ways.

Also... GO BUCS on Thursday!

yeah the sky is falling again. It's all Eli's fault now.... god forbid we're 6-4. God forbid the Jags literally shut down our running game and Eli doesn't have confidence in his OL.. and who can blame him. God forbid our receievers get open.... and when they do, catch and hold on to the ball.

Eli might've made a few mistakes tonight but how many times were those receivers really open? The kid had to do something and it didn't work out... and that Carter fumble summed it up for me.

I don't know about you guys, but I haven't lost confidence in Eli. Our D is depleted and it shows. Hopefully we can get back on the winning track next week.

Good night.

yeah the sky is falling again. It's all Eli's fault now.... god forbid we're 6-4. God forbid the Jags literally shut down our running game and Eli doesn't have confidence in his OL.. and who can blame him. God forbid our receievers get open.... and when they do, catch and hold on to the ball.

Eli might've made a few mistakes tonight but how many times were those receivers really open? The kid had to do something and it didn't work out... and that Carter fumble summed it up for me.

I don't know about you guys, but I haven't lost confidence in Eli. Our D is depleted and it shows. Hopefully we can get back on the winning track next week.

Good night.

A few mistakes? Eli made TWO mistakes in a row. Backed up at their own 12 yd line he 'pushes' a pass to avoid the sack . Luckily it wasn't grounding. The very NEXT play he fumbles by carelesly holding the ball outward instead of tasking a sack. Balls are STILL sailing on him when he passes. Several times Shockey was open underneath and he tried to 'fit' the ball to Plax with three defenders on him. Eli fucked up on a handoff to Tiki, made it a long 3rd down play....and Eli is so emotionless. Fire your team up man!!!!

You may not have lost confidence in Eli but it's possible that Eli has lost confidence in himself. The play calling is getting to him and it shows.

But your other points are great. And you seem positive. But I can't see the Giants winning no more than 8 games. They will beat the Eagles at home and beat the Redskins in week 17.

Who would've thought that Petitgout was so vitally important. I've been saying for several years that we've been ignoring LT. But Petitgout was having his best season, and now he's gone. Whitfield can't do the job. A false start AND a holding penalty tonight. There were others where he flat out got beat, and a time or two where he held and it wasn't called. Not to mention he now has to get help from Tiki. That blows. And we really need Osi and Strahan back. Our defense suffers tremendously without those two. Our secondary is not that great, but the pass rush allowed them to look better than what they were. Now, with the pass rush significantly downgraded due to Osi and Strahan out, the secondary is getting torched. This team is in real trouble. They are a bad football team right now. They very easily could've lost this game 40-3. We just have to find a way to score more points. If that means no huddle the whole time on offense, so be it.

Maybe it's because we have the Titans next week, but something tells me that this is the last we'll see of bad Giants football. I dunno... maybe it's true or maybe it's misplaced optimism... but I have a feeling that the Giants are gonna do something amazing in the next few weeks. This was a rough last two games but we have our guys coming back soon and I can feel a change in our luck as of late coming on.

Now that being said... Hopefully Strahan and Osi will be back at full strength soon and we can formulate some kind of a pass rush. And I am praying that Sam Madison recovers from his injury as soon as possible because it's painful to watch Webster look like a fool on almost every play.

We finally started giving Shockey the ball... but it still took forever to do. Come on people... it's not that hard to understand.

WTF happened to Tiki and Jacobs tonight? Not nearly enough carries. Tiki was getting shut down but again Jacobs ends up only getting a very small amount of touches. Tiki didn't look himself tonight either. I don't think that the thumb had anything to do with his lack of production in the running game but the dropped passes were another thing.

Defensive Pass Interference anyone? Carter and Burress were raped on those plays (you know which ones) and no flags were thrown? :confused: Wilford's play was different because his ball wasn't catchable and he was interfering just as much as Webster was, but these were clear cut DPIs and they were ignored.

Manning was very erratic tonight just as he's been for a while now. I think that losing a safety valve like Toomer is really starting to take its toll on him. However had the running game gotten going and Shockey been given the ball earlier I think that we have a completely different story. This is all the more reason to GET SHOCKEY INVOLVED FROM THE START OF THE GAME.

Can someone please tell Tim Lewis that we still have to cover the middle of the field. His zone schemes suck ass, but then again it's not like we have a shut down corner to rely on. Anyway this has to be fixed immediately.

I never thought in a million years I'd say this, but PLEASE GET WELL AND COME BACK SOON LUKE! Eli's scared to death without him and having to give him help is causing our passing game to suffer more than it already is.

Alright... now that I've gotten my analysis out of the way... it was a bad loss, but there's absolutely nothing we can do about it now. Time to focus on the Titans and time to focus on getting back to our winning ways.

Also... GO BUCS on Thursday!

I couldn't have summerized it better myself. I stated this before but I will say it again. The Jags focused on shutting down our running game; they stacked up the line and the coaches didn't spread em out till it's too damn late. Our receivers didn't get open either. And when they did, they dropped the balls or fumbled them away. Eli was getting frustrated.. he was pressured to force the issue.

We should not take the titans lightly but they're prefect for us to go on 6 game winning streak (very realistic) to end the regular season.