SportsWrath

Start of Free Agency to be delayed 3 days

Money

Shit. Then the deal better go through because I've been waiting long enough.

the deal is not gonna go through the players can only make more money if theres no cap they dno't want the cap

a_owens_vt.jpg

alexander_shawn050727.jpg

those are just a few players that definetly dont want a salary cap

the deal is not gonna go through the players can only make more money if theres no cap they dno't want the cap

a_owens_vt.jpg

alexander_shawn050727.jpg

those are just a few players that definetly dont want a salary cap

No, but the NFL is, or at least should be committed to getting this deal done. As it is, I believe the NFL owners and the commissioner have more power then the NFLPA. At least, that's what I read on a post here.

It's not only the players that are causing the problem here. It's Gene Upshaw.

And besides, Alexander doesn't need there to be no cap if he does sign long term this off-season. No matter what, there will be a cap whether we get the CBA extension or not.

Edited by gateb

No, but the NFL is, or at least should be committed to getting this deal done. As it is, I believe the NFL owners and the commissioner have more power then the NFLPA. At least, that's what I read on a post here.

It's not the players that are causing the problem here. It's Gene Upshaw.

And besides, Alexander doesn't need there to be no cap if he does sign long term this off-season. No matter what, there will be a cap whether we get the CBA extension or not.

Upshaw is right to not give in. The players have been getting screwed for years, in part because Upshaw has been Tagliabue's puppet. It's good he's finally showing a backbone ... and the head of the NFLPA, he's a direct representative of the players, so they are heavily involved as well.

Upshaw is right to not give in. The players have been getting screwed for years, in part because Upshaw has been Tagliabue's puppet. It's good he's finally showing a backbone ... and the head of the NFLPA, he's a direct representative of the players, so they are heavily involved as well.

I forgot to put not only the players, I'll edit that now.

The only reason free Agency was delayed 3 days is so the teams can have time to make roster cuts to get under the cap

I don't see it that way. Both the owners and NFLPA have to agree on the desicion to move FA, so I feel the talks are getting done. Apparently, a few owners stayed around this morning and talked in private. Maybe stuff is getting done

The only reason free Agency was delayed 3 days is so the teams can have time to make roster cuts to get under the cap

That could be part of the reason but the NFL is going to do anything to try to get this deal anything and if that means delaying FA, they will do that. I wouldn't be surprised if it would be delayed three more days at the last minute if the talks are getting gradually better.

well lets hope talks get going i do not want an uncapped year :(

If we don't get the deal done and we give up officially for now at least, is there a chance we can get it done by maybe like September or something like that? So then, the damage to the Skins would be done and we have the new deal.

Guest Nutty Sack

Do you think that this gives EA more time to solidify his plans or will this delay confuse the heck out him??