SportsWrath

Its time to call a Spade a Spade.....Correy Webster is

Guest JACKSTROUD7

i'm beginning to wish that we still had Will Allen !

Webster still has a hell of a lot to learn .... and he was awful on Sun night

( Jakk .... why dont you ever spell the names of our players correctly ...... it's infuriating .....Corey ! )

What killed me is that the Giants didn't go after Peterson. They let the Eagles sign him. In the offseason we thought our D got a lot better but obviously that's not the case. Lavar is out for the season and our secondary didn't improve that much.

I think we need an outsanding CB and an outsanding safety. And I don't mean going after guys who have a year left in their careers.

What killed me is that the Giants didn't go after Peterson. They let the Eagles sign him. In the offseason we thought our D got a lot better but obviously that's not the case. Lavar is out for the season and our secondary didn't improve that much.

I think we need an outsanding CB and an outsanding safety. And I don't mean going after guys who have a year left in their careers.

i also wish we had made a move for Ronde Barber !

i'm beginning to wish that we still had Will Allen !

Webster still has a hell of a lot to learn .... and he was awful on Sun night

( Jakk .... why dont you ever spell the names of our players correctly ...... it's infuriating .....Corey ! )

I'm sorry, but I've been saying it for years...this team needs more speed in the secondary.

What killed me is that the Giants didn't go after Peterson. They let the Eagles sign him.

As much as I liked William James ( nee William Peterson ) let's face it, injuries have ended the guys career. So he has a roster spot with the pigeons. Big Deal. He has appeared in 1 game and has 1 tackle 10 weeks into the regular season.

Doubt he will make the pro bowl.

and webster has been making steady progress. most of the yards he gave up last week came in the second half when our pass rush dissapeared due to no fresh legs to rotate in there.

we are banged up right now and it is hurting but lets not throw the baby out with the bath water

I'm sorry, but I've been saying it for years...this team needs more speed in the secondary.

Speed is an issue, but a bigger issue is the fact that 3 of our 4 starting DB's from Sun night are all equipped with female genetalia and no balls. they're pussies, not 1 contested post or bomb by a safety, and the corners (Except RW) are scared to tackle.

Speed is an issue, but a bigger issue is the fact that 3 of our 4 starting DB's from Sun night are all equipped with female genetalia and no balls. they're pussies, not 1 contested post or bomb by a safety, and the corners (Except RW) are scared to tackle.

Even when we had guys who could not cover (paging "Toast" Patterson) at least it was the "House of Pain" for opposing WR's. You catch the ball and we hit you very hard...you catch the ball again and we hit you harder....the third time you reach for the ball and we cream you...the next time you cut off your pattern way before the hit. Brutal but effective. No WR in the world enjoys being creamed out there. More so than quarterbacks these guys are vulnerable to some devastating hits. :P

Jakk, you've finally written a critique that's based in fact.

Corey is way over his head. His confidence is shaken and I'm sure he'll be the target for every opposing QB.

Walker and Mac are our starters. Outside of that, I also like the kid who returned Romo's pass too, but he's probably way too green.

Let Sam heal up and use Corey in the nickle but he really does stink.

Jakk, you've finally written a critique that's based in fact.

Corey is way over his head. His confidence is shaken and I'm sure he'll be the target for every opposing QB.

Walker and Mac are our starters. Outside of that, I also like the kid who returned Romo's pass too, but he's probably way too green.

Let Sam heal up and use Corey in the nickle but he really does stink.

I think the new kid's name is Lochery or Lockery. He may be green, but the few glimpses of him that I have caught it looks like he has the intangible instincts of an Everson Walls type DB. Good cover, good back pedal, able to shadow a receiver without biting too hard on play action; and best of all takes appropriate gambles like going for the ball especially when he has a safety over the top; and looking for a safe pass defense or tackle when he is alone on a island. These type of skills....intangibles if you will...were never evident in Will Allen; Will Peterson had some of them; and Corey Webster in my opinion either does not have them or like you said his confidence is so shattered that he is just occupying space back there. The one time I want him to go for the sure tackle ...he goes for the interception, which allowed Chicago to get first down on their second third quarter touchdown drive. Like Carl Banks and Dick Lynch (ex Giants DB) say on the Giants radio broadcast on WFAN, you have to know the down and distance; plus you have to know the defense that is called...do you have help...where is it....who is it....or am I on an island in man to man. You can't give a ten yard cushion if they need 8 yards for a first down. You are already conceding the first down, unless he drops it. Basically we need a DB coach who actually played as a DB...preferably in the modern era with apologies to Dick Lynch era guys from the 60's and 70's.

All valid points TBCVp,

I like the other kid and Corey should be fired. I'd rather have Sehorn try out again

Yeah at least Sehorn looked like he had an idea back there on what to do. They should have played Sehorn at FS as opposed to CB. He was totally exposed back there in the SB. But we did not realize it because John Fox' defenses were full of feints and disguises, that he was able to hide Sehorn's deficiencies at CB. I am with you, the other kid has what it takes...we should play him. I would rather deal with a blown coverage or two and have 6-7 interceptions, than someone who is constantly out of position, can be beaten deep and is a piss-poor tackler.

Yeah TBCVp, I agree about Foxy's D.

The reason I like Frank Walker is because he'll only get burned as often as he makes plays and though that's not optimaly, Webster doesn't make plays at all.

Frank seems to ball hawk and I'm sure that's why he's not totally trusted, but that's fine, we're talking about fill-ins, to this is fine for me.

Isn't it amusing now, all the people that took a dump on EA's signing of another DE, now it looks like he's Kreskin or something. Too bad his mind powers don't extend to good CB's: Allen, Pete, Web...ouch!

Yeah TBCVp, I agree about Foxy's D.

The reason I like Frank Walker is because he'll only get burned as often as he makes plays and though that's not optimaly, Webster doesn't make plays at all.

Frank seems to ball hawk and I'm sure that's why he's not totally trusted, but that's fine, we're talking about fill-ins, to this is fine for me.

Isn't it amusing now, all the people that took a dump on EA's signing of another DE, now it looks like he's Kreskin or something. Too bad his mind powers don't extend to good CB's: Allen, Pete, Web...ouch!

Yeah I hear you Sir Graffenberg (lol)...it seems as Ernie cannot pick a decent DB to save his life. I think Young's blind spot was WR, Earnest Gray anyone? :rolleyes: