SportsWrath

Red Sox win Daisuke Matsuzaka

Blue Jeans

I won’t even mention Hughes, but the Yankees haven’t seen enough of Karstens and Rasner to make an honest assessment. When they were pitching regularly, they showed a lot of promise against good line ups, more so than the likes of RJ and Pavano. And Wang has shown he can get the SO and DP when needed.

Incidentally, Proctor will be given a chance to make the rotation this year, and I still won’t count out Sean Henn.

IMO, if the Sox want to compete with the Yanks pitching wise, even if the sign Matsusaka, they better go after Zito or Schmidt.

Ugh, this is just simply bias on your part. You have to realize that rookies in the major leagues usually dazzle in the beginning before teams get the book on them and figure out how to hit them. It's just like a veteran pitcher's first time in a new league. Though having a solid minor league era of 3.67, Karstens only started six games in the major leagues and you're declaring him major league ready. He'll go through growing pains, as will all rookies. Karstens six major league starts were against the Mariners, Angels, Twins, Blue Jays, and Devil Rays. Of those teams, only Toronto ranks in the top half in the AL in offense. Also note that many of these starts were at the end of the year when teams were resting their starting players for the playoffs. Rasner in three starts gave up 9 runs in 12 innings. So you're saying that these two unproven rookies are better than Carl Pavano and Randy Johnson. I guess with that sort of delusion I can understand how you think they'd be better than the entire Red Sox rotation. Did I not go over the stats well enough? I asked for concrete evidence and you have an extremely small sample size totaling all of nine starts. Honestly, how does Johnson, Mussina, Wang, Pavano, and (rookie) beat out Schilling, Beckett, Matsuzaka, Papelbon, and Wakefield? The Sox need to go after another 10+ million dollar starting pitcher to match your rotation? BS! Wanna know the truth, you don't even have a rotation! You have two guys coming off of injuries of which nothing can be sure and a rookie. We have three proven major league starters, a pitcher with a solid minor league record and a history of success in the major leagues, and an international star who dominated international competition and the NPB for years. So you think that the only way the Sox would beat the Yankees rotation is if they had a rotation of Schilling, Schmidt, Beckett, Matsuzaka, and Papelbon/Wakefield? That would undoubtedly be the best rotation IN THE MAJOR LEAGUES! Now without Schmidt, we still will have one of the best rotations in the majors.

Ugh, this is just simply bias on your part. You have to realize that rookies in the major leagues usually dazzle in the beginning before teams get the book on them and figure out how to hit them. It's just like a veteran pitcher's first time in a new league. Though having a solid minor league era of 3.67, Karstens only started six games in the major leagues and you're declaring him major league ready. He'll go through growing pains, as will all rookies. Karstens six major league starts were against the Mariners, Angels, Twins, Blue Jays, and Devil Rays. Of those teams, only Toronto ranks in the top half in the AL in offense. Also note that many of these starts were at the end of the year when teams were resting their starting players for the playoffs. Rasner in three starts gave up 9 runs in 12 innings. So you're saying that these two unproven rookies are better than Carl Pavano and Randy Johnson. I guess with that sort of delusion I can understand how you think they'd be better than the entire Red Sox rotation. Did I not go over the stats well enough? I asked for concrete evidence and you have an extremely small sample size totaling all of nine starts. Honestly, how does Johnson, Mussina, Wang, Pavano, and (rookie) beat out Schilling, Beckett, Matsuzaka, Papelbon, and Wakefield? The Sox need to go after another 10+ million dollar starting pitcher to match your rotation? BS! Wanna know the truth, you don't even have a rotation! You have two guys coming off of injuries of which nothing can be sure and a rookie. We have three proven major league starters, a pitcher with a solid minor league record and a history of success in the major leagues, and an international star who dominated international competition and the NPB for years. So you think that the only way the Sox would beat the Yankees rotation is if they had a rotation of Schilling, Schmidt, Beckett, Matsuzaka, and Papelbon/Wakefield? That would undoubtedly be the best rotation IN THE MAJOR LEAGUES! Now without Schmidt, we still will have one of the best rotations in the majors.

Don't even attempt to have an intelligent conversation with Ditto. We've all learned this.

For what, batting practice? We just unloaded a Jarrett Wright. We're better off going with our youth.

I can't believe the Sox went with $51 mil. They have to negotiate with Matsuzuka yet. :confused:

meche is a lot better than wright and he's only 28. he's a good 4th or 5th starter and he wont be overpriced unlike many of the other free agents out there

and sean henn sucks ditto. you wont see him in a yankee uniform again

You're probably right. It does take longer to ween a lefty, and since the Yankees loaded up with arms, there's no room for him. His only chance is to get traded before he gets too old. The Yankees tend to baby their young pitchers. Bill Masse was fired from the Trenton manager's job because he complained Hughes was being limited to 5 inning or 80 pitches. His argument, kids don't learn how to pitch when they're tired.