SportsWrath

Burress

Lughead

NOTES

Manning’s favorite receiver Sunday was Plaxico Burress, who caught seven passes for 86 yards, including a terrific one-handed grab for a seven-yard touchdown in the first quarter. Burress has team-high totals of 41 receptions for 510 yards and five touchdowns.

Just as important, he seems to have a new attitude. Last year, Burress would publicly express his unhappiness when Manning either failed to throw his way, or made a poor pass. Burress would throw his arms up, shake his head and otherwise let everyone know he was displeased. Not so this year.

“I was looking at tapes of myself (in the offseason), looking at my body language and evaluating myself,” Burress said. “I said, ‘That’s something I need to get rid of.’ It showed me I was getting down on my quarterback. That’s something I don’t want to do. It’s something I’m trying to eliminate from my game. If I drop a ball or he makes a bad pass, we’ll go to the sideline and straighten it out over there. Don’t try to show him up.

“I don’t get frustrated any more with Eli. That’s over and done with. I come to the sideline and say, ‘Look at this if we get this look next time.’ I don’t get upset any more. It’s one of those things where I made an effort not to. He’s my quarterback. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him. I know he’s trying to get the football to me the best that he can. It’s an 11-man chain. Everybody is working together to be successful. If he makes a bad throw or I drop one, there’s pretty much the same from each other – (we say), ‘All right man, I messed up, let’s get it next time.’ I think we have that respect for each other. Whatever happens, happens. We just go out and try to be successful.”

About an hour after Burress spoke to the media, Coughlin was informed what Burress had said regarding his behavior.

“The fact that he’s talked about that is a very positive thing, and the fact that you observe it in his play is a very positive thing as well,” Coughlin said. “He’s not letting himself get frustrated. He’s playing hard. He’s trying as hard as he can to be a good teammate. He’s blocked well on the perimeter – he takes great pride in that. He really wants to be a factor in the run game for the running backs. He wants to be a part of that group of guys that paves the way, if you will, and has demonstrated that. He continues to make good plays and continues to work hard to be in position to do that. He’s supportive of his quarterback. These are all things that he’s basically done since he came to camp this summer. It’s a very positive step.”

:clap: now only if Shockey can "Turn the corner"

also I saw on ESPN that Plaxico and Eli have been doing the Peyton/Harrison thing an hour before the game starts

link