SportsWrath

Jacobs Article in post.

fishgutmartyr

Link.

"I see it like this: If it bleeds, you can kill it," Jacobs was saying after Giants 17, Bucs 3. "You kill the head, the body will follow. That's my thoughts going out there. If they give in one bit, I'm gonna beat 'em. In my mind frame, taking the field knowing that nobody, out of those 11 people on the other side of the football, can stop me."

:LMAO:

damn.

yeah, it's safe to say I like this guy.

I rememeber an NFL veteran (maybe Emmit Smith.. not sure) said: "As a young player, you try to run thru the wall. As a veteran, you're much wiser and try to run around the wall".

I like Jacobs demeanor but his style of running won't sustain him long term.

I rememeber an NFL veteran (maybe Emmit Smith.. not sure) said: "As a young player, you try to run thru the wall. As a veteran, you're much wiser and try to run around the wall".

I agree with that Nas. He's going to hit guys hard, but he's going to get gang tackled and he's going to get hurt.

The Giants will need to pick up a veteran running back in the offseason to supplement Jacobs.

No, free agency. Jacobs will still need someone to turn to for experience IMO and he won't get that from a rookie or Derrick Ward for that matter.

Jacobs will be in what, his 3rd year? Exactly how much more does he need before he has enough experience to be relied upon to convey that to those beneath him. He'll most likely be the starter. Part of the starter role is helping those beneath them on the depth chart. Besides, there are other leaders on this team who he can learn from. There are running back coaches on this team that helped Tiki, a seasoned veteran, at the time of their arrival. There's no reason to believe that Jacobs needs any more than what we already have.

Draft, not free agency.

No, free agency. Jacobs will still need someone to turn to for experience IMO and he won't get that from a rookie or Derrick Ward for that matter.

Both. FA short term. Draft Long term.

i think jacobs is a bit mischaracterized because of his size and ability to run people over. he runs people over when he has to--when it's too late to juke or when he needs the extra few yards, but if you watch games like the indy game he was showing a lot of shiftiness. i think with experience will come the field vision he needs to elude tacklers better--which is the case with most young backs

i think jacobs is a bit mischaracterized because of his size and ability to run people over. he runs people over when he has to--when it's too late to juke or when he needs the extra few yards, but if you watch games like the indy game he was showing a lot of shiftiness. i think with experience will come the field vision he needs to elude tacklers better--which is the case with most young backs

No I agree, but I feel that if jacobs tries to run over everything and take on entire teams then he's going to get hurt. He's left the field twice this year after getting hurt on a run. I think jacobs is our guy for the post tiki era, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to get some experience in here along with him, I'm mean there will be a roster spot open. Does anyone know who's available after this year?

No I agree, but I feel that if jacobs tries to run over everything and take on entire teams then he's going to get hurt. He's left the field twice this year after getting hurt on a run. I think jacobs is our guy for the post tiki era, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to get some experience in here along with him, I'm mean there will be a roster spot open. Does anyone know who's available after this year?

We can't just any Good running back. We need a running back with the same style as Barber's. You know the thunder & lightening thing. The only one that comes to mind is Dunn but he's signed till 2008. And the cowboys won't give up Jones.

im declaring myself eligible for the draft

We can't just any Good running back. We need a running back with the same style as Barber's. You know the thunder & lightening thing. The only one that comes to mind is Dunn but he's signed till 2008. And the cowboys won't give up Jones.

jacobs will have better seasons than both next year, bank on it.

tiki pretty much ran by himself until last season, having jacobs play the 'thunder' role has been a luxury for us, but i dont think it's a necessity

Thats exactly what im sayin...

The popular rumor is that the Giants might take a hard look at making a deal for San Diego's Michael Turner, read it on CNNSI about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

bettis ran like that for A LONG TIME and he was a fat fuck too

Yeah, Eddie George looked pretty good for a few years until he hit a wall twice a year named Ray Lewis that he just couldn't crack... he will eventually learn to use some of that agility & speed otherwise his career will be very short-lived.

To add one more thing about Bettis, he did run for a long time in this league but he stopped being a 250+ carry back & began to share carries in 2001 & his final year he was actually used less than Jacobs will be used in 10 games this year (projected). Not to marginalize him in any way but just pointing out facts.

another thing that people are failing to recognize is that the giants aren't exactly calling outside runs for jacobs. everything is up the middle and there's obviously going to be a lot of contact on those types of runs. when he's the featured back next year we'll see everything he has to offer more often than we are at the moment.

and brandon jacobs would knock ray lewis and any other linebacker in this league the fuck out

Bettis and Jacobs are not built the same. Bettis is a cube... Jacobs isn't.

bettis ran people over, and that's how people in this thread are saying jacobs runs, correct? the guy is just as big and stronger than bettis--the only difference is he's all muscle