SportsWrath

Giants sign LB Chris Claiborn

so-cal dub

IMO this leads me to believe that one of the DE's is ready to play this week. Awasom was signed from the PS last week, essentially to take LaVars roster spot. Under normal circumstances I have to assume Tyson Smith or Claiborne would have been signed, but due to the injuries to 2 of the 4 DE's on the roster a DE had to replace a LB. We actually played this week down 1 DE and 1 LB. My guess is Awasom goes back to the PS and Claiborn takes his roster spot when this happens. Of course Awasom will have to clear waivers again, but my guess is he goes back to the PS shortly. I cannot see anyone getting cut to make room.

He has a knee injury looming over his head, I believe. Some sorta injury.

I've got to think that unless Wilkinson plays like absolute garbage Claiborn will only see the field for special teams or on short yardage where his extra weight might be necessary as he outweighs Wilkinson by about 20 lbs.

Honestly I don't know much about Claiborn except he was a high round pick who really didn't look that good in coverage when he played for the Vikings.

I've got to think that unless Wilkinson plays like absolute garbage Claiborn will only see the field for special teams or on short yardage where his extra weight might be necessary as he outweighs Wilkinson by about 20 lbs.

Honestly I don't know much about Claiborn except he was a high round pick who really didn't look that good in coverage when he played for the Vikings.

He's been a major disapointment for bth the Lion and Vikings...I hope he has something to prove with us.