SportsWrath

i've said it before and i'll say it again

Herc

We won. We're 6-2, and have a chance of taking over home-field from Chicago next week, thanks to their loss. We won our trap, they lost theirs. And yet no one calls for Lovie's head.

im not calling for his head. im pointing out his below-average coaching. if we win i dont care, he can stay, but i'll still notice when he coaches like shit. and i wouldn't be too thrilled going into the bears game after that performance--thank god the bears and cowboys lost

There were a couple plays offensivly that I was scratching my head over. But my major beef this week was that damn cover 2. WTF is up with that? Last 5 weeks we've been blitzing and playing man to man. Why in hell would we go back to doing things that just dont work for us? If we try that shit with the Bears, there going to kill us.

• 4 weeks later...
don't forget kevin lewis.

another HORRIBLE MOVE by tom coughlin, starting kevin lewis at MLB all year two seasons ago when greisen was clearly better

I was just going to bump this because of the Fassel/Coughlin discussion, which was pretty good on this thread and probably should be continued.

Then I saw this--KP, Griesen HAD the MLB job at the beginning of preseason, then proceeded to spend a HUGE chunk of preseason injured. And in a way it worked out better--he ended up playing Barret Green's spot, and was very effective there that season and the following season. I was actually bummed when he left.

again, from an earlier thread:

Finally, the great debate:

Fassel years: .522

Coughlin as of the Dallas game (21-18): .538

Conclusion: It's not really fair to compare 39 games to 116; but on the other hand, Coughlin can't be completely inept.

Here's what we're debating here. I went back and added up the record for Fassel 6 games into his third season. Ready for this?

21-17-1.

He was a half game ahead at this point in his giants career. Each had a miserable playoff loss with no wins to this point. Why were we debating their merits again?

The only difference is how they got to their records (Fassel: 10-6-1, 8-8, 3-3; Coughlin: 6-10, 11-6, 4-2). Fassel wound up 7-9 at the end of his third season, so we'll see.

Well, fucking discuss.

I was just going to bump this because of the Fassel/Coughlin discussion, which was pretty good on this thread and probably should be continued.

Then I saw this--KP, Griesen HAD the MLB job at the beginning of preseason, then proceeded to spend a HUGE chunk of preseason injured. And in a way it worked out better--he ended up playing Barret Green's spot, and was very effective there that season and the following season. I was actually bummed when he left.

i was bummed as well, i was a big greisen fan while he was here and i was looking forward to him manning MLB that season. while i do understand why he lost the starting job to lewis, i dont feel the talent levels were close enough to warrant lewis keeping the job when greisen returned--and i think that was proven to be correct once we saw lewis for 16 games

im glad you bumped this thread by the way, i made it during the winning streak. im not the kind of fan to jump off a bandwagon or base my opinions on wins and losses

To be honest, it was a bit of a relief to see I wasn't too much of a Coughlin homer there as well. :lol:

so far all i've seen from coughlin is teaching tiki how to hold the ball, how to make your watch fast for meetings, and how to look like an asshole on the sidelines.

From a legacy standpoint, Fassel is much more memorable so far.

• 4 weeks later...