SportsWrath

Anyone else kinda pissed

Virginia Giant

I love Tiki, we all do, but the more I think about his retiring after this year the more pissed I get. I understand him wanting to go into broadcasting and do other things, not least of which is protecting his body for his later years, but we are ligitimately on the verge of great things, and now we'll have to replace most of our offense. I'm not saying he should hang on till he's 40 but he could play another 3 years and still retire relativly young, it'll take a miracle for us to find a RB that will come even remotely close to what Tiki has been for this team. Ofcourse I'm not looking for another Tiki, we can't replace him, but just someone who can carry the ball 30 times if needed.

I have faith that BJ will step in and do well, but the running, pass catching and blocking that Tiki brings, along with being the cool leader on an offense full of hot heads will be irreplacable.

I'm not mad at the guy. In a sense I think he should've kept this retirement talk till after the season.. even if he was pressed by a reporter.

The guy is doing well because he learned our offense. Any new guy will have to do the same. And let's face it, we have a great team that's take the focus off him and an offensive line that's helping him do well. I'm not downplaying his achievements but I'm also realistic about the team in general. This is life... this is football. The bright side of his retirement is obviously we get to have a huge sum of money we could spend on his replacement.

My hunch is we will go draft. Draft a similiar player of his athletic ability.. not really hard to find.

Having said that, I don't think he's going anywhere.. not for 2 more years.

The timing seems self serving. As long as it doesn't affect his play, I don't care.

I agree 100%, he definitely did it to get his name out there and let it be known that he will be entering the broadcasting business after the season. But whatever, I like Tiki.

I don't know that he announced it when he did for any particular purpose. I think that's an awful lot of speculation.

Sure, he wants to pursue other avenues, but that doesn't make me angry. I'm happy that he played the years that he played and did this team well. I wish him nothing but the best.

Now, if there was one thing he said that irks me slightly, it'd be the comment on 'perfecting the RB position' or something along those lines. Granted, he's playing his best football, but I wouldn't call him a perfect RB by any means. It's cliche, but nobody's perfect. He's good, among the best in the league, but he's not perfect.

I would rather he had said it in training camp, but I don't think this is such a big deal. Maybe that actually improves the level of play, as the team tries to "win one for Tiki."

It's really all going to depend on the team's reaction.

he has been talking about this since last spring.

The timing seems self serving. As long as it doesn't affect his play, I don't care.

I look at it this way. I think he is using the "Retire" statement as an torch so as to light a fire under the rest of the players asses . It's clear they love him and as one of the best RB's in Giants history they will want to see him retire with a 2006 winners ring as opposed to the 2000 losers ring.

And if Tiki helps the Giants win the big one this year and retires and he is still able to walk up stairs and not become a Jarome Bettis then all the more power to him .

Even if we dont win it big this year and he goes threw with it then that's that. the only thing left will be him and us 10 years later saying hmmmmmm. what if he played just 5 more years.

I dont know, if the Gmen get close to the superbowl but do not make it, I think Tiki will be back. Especially if he keeps in shape during the offseason come time for Camp he will be looking to hit somebody.

If the Gmen take it all the way this year, there is no way Tiki ever straps a helmet on again.

The team will not be in a bad spot with BJ as the starter but they will need a legitimate backup.