SportsWrath

Opinions on Darnell Bing?

Frank_Grimes

I would certainly take a look at him, but he does have problems in coverage at times. But he is great in run support and can really lay the wood. Reminds me a lot of Roy Williams and may turn into a pretty good player.

But, with that said, I would rather us look at LB, CB and even WR ahead of saftey. A good saftey can be had around the 3rd or 4th round or for pretty cheap in free agency. I would prefer that our first rounder address our need at WILL, rather than taking a beefed up saftey who can struggle in coverage.

I would certainly take a look at him, but he does have problems in coverage at times. But he is great in run support and can really lay the wood. Reminds me a lot of Roy Williams and may turn into a pretty good player.

But, with that said, I would rather us look at LB, CB and even WR ahead of saftey. A good saftey can be had around the 3rd or 4th round or for pretty cheap in free agency. I would prefer that our first rounder address our need at WILL, rather than taking a beefed up saftey who can struggle in coverage.

It appears that safeties make a more immediate impact as rookies then corners. Roy Wiliams, Sean Taylor, Troy Palamalu, even Gibril Wilson all made immediate impacts as rookies. Now, there aren't many CBs taken at #25 that probably would be an immediate impact. So with the exception of Cromartie who I believe you can't pass up on when you are the #25 slot, we should look at safety, not CB.

It appears that safeties make a more immediate impact as rookies then corners. Roy Wiliams, Sean Taylor, Troy Palamalu, even Gibril Wilson all made immediate impacts as rookies. Now, there aren't many CBs taken at #25 that probably would be an immediate impact. So with the exception of Cromartie who I believe you can't pass up on when you are the #25 slot, we should look at safety, not CB.

But, in my opinion, there is only one saftey in this draft worth that pick. Michael Huff out of Texas, but he will likely be gone far before we pick. But if he is there i would love to see him get picked up by the G-men. If Bing was there in the second, and we did not take care of saftey in free agency, than I feel he would be worth that pick. But i feel there are quite a few more CB's worthy of a first round pick, but there is only one saftey worthy of that pick, and he will almost certainly be gone.

Still would prefer Ryans/Simms/D'Qwell in the first round :TU: