SportsWrath

options for replacing tiki

ccase39

I say a good move is to try to get a trade for duece mccalister. if he stays healthy this year coming off his injury. we could prolly get him for the league minimum for a back of his caliber because of the injury. the mans got heart. I feel like if reggie starts producing they will let him go next year. if we could get him right monetarily that would free up some cap money for other positions it could be a good fit plus eli and deuce played together in college.

I say a good move is to try to get a trade for duece mccalister. if he stays healthy this year coming off his injury. we could prolly get him for the league minimum for a back of his caliber because of the injury. the mans got heart. I feel like if reggie starts producing they will let him go next year. if we could get him right monetarily that would free up some cap money for other positions it could be a good fit plus eli and deuce played together in college.

Tiki ain't going anywhere. I don't know why but I have a very strong feeling he will not retire. Otherwise with money he could save us we can go after Warrick Dunn (they have the same style and build). Of course I don't know Dunn's contract..

We need a speed guy to blend in with Jacobs' style of running. There is nothing better than a running game that contains the tools we have this year. Get a fast, yet elusive RB that can break tackles at the line, and be a playmaker that is primarily known for speed.

I like Jacobs a lot, but with his ferocious running style, I have questions that he can handle the endurance of taking 300 carries a year. That's why I want to draft a speedster, so we can have another option in our offense.

I like Jacobs a lot, but with his ferocious running style, I have questions that he can handle the endurance of taking 300 carries a year. That's why I want to draft a speedster, so we can have another option in our offense.

for some reason the player type that i think we should bring in for Tiki should be a rb like Shaud Williams

fast, small, a late round pick that can be a good 3rd down rb and give BJ a spell

Yeah, I don't know why people don't want to stick with Jacobs.

I don't know if Jacobs is the answer also...He may look good now I think that may be because he is used not too much and is totally diffrent than Tiki. Defense's see Tiki 85% of the time then they see big Jacobs and I guess it throws them off. Plus someone of his size I doubt can be a every down back and have great results. I not trying to put him down or don't want him to be good or anything but I think he may be best in the current way he is used.

Yeah, I don't know why people don't want to stick with Jacobs.

We need the smaller, faster, slasher kindda RB to compliment the smash-mouth running style of Jacobs. Having said that, the Giants will go the way they always go... draft baby.

And no Tiki will not retire after this season... so we still have some time. I wouldn't mind getting Warrick Dunn or Julius Jones (lure them with what Tiki would be making) but I don't think Dallas would let JJ go and Dunn is getting old too. We need something long term. Which leads me to believe we will go draft.. oh yeah.. I said that already :)

...ok? But IF Tiki retires...the Giants would STILL be short one RB on the roster. So it goes back to "Who will replace Tiki?"

So then the real question is who is going to replace Jacobs at the #2? Not whos going to replace Tiki. Cause Jacobs will replace Tiki. And will be bad ass.

I love Jacobs, but I think there's always concern over a guy taking on the full load of a team's rushing offense. I'd definitely like to give Jacobs that opportunity, but I'd also want to be prepared with a quality backup should he not be able to shoulder that load. A good number of the successful teams in this league have more than one decent RB. Look at the Chiefs a year or two ago with Johnson and (drawing a blank). Look at the Steelers with Bettis and Parker. Look at the Patriots with Dillon and Maroney. Can you say the Saints with Bush and McAllister? Cowboys with Barber and Jones. And even our Giants with Barber and Jacobs. The point is, we need someone who we can rely upon to be a large part of our running game. Jacobs isn't going to be Tiki. He has his own style. As long as Jacobs gets positive yardage, doesn't fumble, and can pick up the blitz; I have no problems having him as a feature back even if he doesn't break 50 yarders.

Now, who do we go after to complement him. It would make sense to go after a guy who has a different running style than Jacobs so that defenses have to scheme for two different guys. Warrick Dunn is going to retire a Falcon I would assume. Deuce McAllister is not a guy I would want and with the resurgence of the Saints, I don't see him leaving that town. And besides, I don't want anyone on the downside of their career. I would seriously look to the draft this year. There's a fairly strong RB class from what I can tell and depending upon where we end up, we could get a shot at someone pretty decent. Michael Bush and Adrian Peterson would be phenomenal, but if we make the playoffs, I can't see us getting either of these guys. There are others though who I've seen whose names aren't coming to mind at the moment that have played well. Ray Rice from Rutgers might not be a bad option, but then again, his running style isn't really all that different from Jacobs. So there's some research to do and we don't really know who's going to be making that call this year with the rumors surrounding Accorsi.

i don't think it's worth paying top dollar for a rb, considering they have short careers. you can just as easily draft someone who has the same chance to be just as good. take edge for example. what i think the giants need to do is draft a guy who was just like tiki when he came out. someone who will backup brandon jacobs and be the 3rd down back. clearly i haven't seen enough of brandon jacobs to determine how well he is going to do, but i see no reason he can't be good. i'm not just saying this b/c of his size, but he has always reminded me of eddie george. that's besides the point that i DO NOT think tiki is retiring this year. i don't care what was said, i just can't see him walking away from his career when he has a chance to solidify himself in the hall of fame. sure other guys retired when they were young, but those guys were already headed to the hall, tiki is not.

i don't think it's worth paying top dollar for a rb, considering they have short careers. you can just as easily draft someone who has the same chance to be just as good. take edge for example. what i think the giants need to do is draft a guy who was just like tiki when he came out. someone who will backup brandon jacobs and be the 3rd down back. clearly i haven't seen enough of brandon jacobs to determine how well he is going to do, but i see no reason he can't be good. i'm not just saying this b/c of his size, but he has always reminded me of eddie george. that's besides the point that i DO NOT think tiki is retiring this year. i don't care what was said, i just can't see him walking away from his career when he has a chance to solidify himself in the hall of fame. sure other guys retired when they were young, but those guys were already headed to the hall, tiki is not.

I don't know where some of you guys are getting this, 'I don't think he's going to retire' belief. The quote that really stands out to me is the one where he stated something to the effect that football never was his number 1 interest. Add to that how he mentioned he has perfected the RB position, or at least has gotten as good as he'd going to get. From those thoughts alone, I can't help but believe that he's riding off into the sunset. Would have been nice to hear something about wanting to win a championship in all his retirement talk, but I guess that's not as important to him as we all would have liked.