SportsWrath

TO THE NY METS

jerseygiantfan

They broke my heart last night too... I had tears in my eyes for 5 minutes and before I had a meltdown I took a 10 minute walk...

This is my first big loss in the playoffs as a Mets fan. It sucks :(

too bad you were not around for 1988, now that really broke my heart. This stings me and will sting me for a few days but I am excited about the future of this team. In 1988, it was really our last shot, which we did not know at the time.

WOW!

You guys are serious.

I guess 13 years of disappointment by my Phillies, has hardened my baseball heart. :brooding:

Now I feel bad for thinking it was gay to show a man and his son crying on the TV last night. :cwy:

Sorry Mets fans.

too bad you were not around for 1988, now that really broke my heart. This stings me and will sting me for a few days but I am excited about the future of this team. In 1988, it was really our last shot, which we did not know at the time.

The future looks really bright, I agree. I love Willie and this team has what every championship team needs, the ability to overcome adversity. Too bad it wasn't enough.

Yeah, you guys can probably tell I'm feeling a little bit better today. And this loss will be engraved in my memory for the rest of my life, I'm sorry but that's how my memory works. I can go back to any date that was a heartbreaker for the Giants, or even for an amazing comeback. I can't help it, but it's stuck forever.

This is what I had in the beginning of the year. Us losing to the Cards in the NLCS after a big step forward. Too bad it happened the way it did. :(

Yeah I'm feeling better today to. It was proabably for the best...Detroit has had all week to rest. But still.......it would have been nice.

We would've had a better change against Detroit because the cold temps. would make our pitching look better than it was. And I really wanted an NL champs t-shirt and hat.

I am not saying you are wrong to be upset, its just when you think of things like I mentioned it keeps it all in perspective.

I've been getting better at holding my emotions for Giants games, because I've been heartbroken so many times. But I've never experienced anything like this, and I had a tough time holding it in.

But you are 100% right with your previous statement. I just have to think about things like that and realize how silly it is to cry for something like this, even though I know this isn't the last time I'm gonna be heartbroken by either of my favorite teams, but this is the risk I take as a die hard fan.

And when the time comes, it'll be well worth the waiting and suffering :TU:

I've been getting better at holding my emotions for Giants games, because I've been heartbroken so many times. But I've never experienced anything like this, and I had a tough time holding it in.

But you are 100% right with your previous statement. I just have to think about things like that and realize how silly it is to cry for something like this, even though I know this isn't the last time I'm gonna be heartbroken by either of my favorite teams, but this is the risk I take as a die hard fan.

And when the time comes, it'll be well worth the waiting and suffering :TU:

another things that helps me is that I sometimes invision myself as Ditto, if that does not make you cry nothing will ;)

I was simply heartbroken...especially since I invested myself in the Mets for the postseason only to see them crash like that. My friends and I were watching and smoking and then boom, Rolen hits a HR deep to left field and Endy Chavez made that amazing play and we were just jumping around. But, alas, the end killed all the highs we had. :(