SportsWrath

Vick says our defense was "Vanilla"

jerseygiantfan

I enjoy this quote:

"Whether it was vanilla or not, the bottom line is it was some good vanilla," added linebacker LaVar Arrington. "It was some good vanilla ice cream."

Mr. Nickels is pretty damn funny.

I read that this morning too, classic! :LMAO:

This is a classic case of a reporter purposely taking things out of context

Vick's actual statement:

"It really didn't seem like that much pressure. They put pressure on us from the edges. They didn't blitz too much. They just challenged us man-on-man up front. I really didn't see to many blitzes. Everything they did was pretty basic. It was pretty vanilla. It was about our execution. As a quarterback you are going to see some pressure, but you have to find a way to overcome it. We take our hats off to them."

so you see, he was praising the Giants, but that doesn't sell tabloids.

Vick's actual statement:

"It really didn't seem like that much pressure. They put pressure on us from the edges. They didn't blitz too much. They just challenged us man-on-man up front. I really didn't see to many blitzes. Everything they did was pretty basic. It was pretty vanilla. It was about our execution. As a quarterback you are going to see some pressure, but you have to find a way to overcome it. We take our hats off to them."

You mean the Daily News is a Tabloid :confused: Next thing you are going to say is the Post is a rag :clap:

Vick's actual statement:

"It really didn't seem like that much pressure. They put pressure on us from the edges. They didn't blitz too much. They just challenged us man-on-man up front. I really didn't see to many blitzes . Everything they did was pretty basic. It was pretty vanilla. It was about our execution. As a quarterback you are going to see some pressure, but you have to find a way to overcome it. We take our hats off to them."

yea you didn't see them cause you were on the ground half the time! :TU:

yea you didn't see them cause you were on the ground half the time! :TU:

To be fair Vick was right. We didn't blitz much. We got pressure with our front four as is. We didn't go blitz happy like the Eagles do. And the very fact that our D dominated for the 2nd game in a row gives me hope to beat Dallas, Tampa Bay, and Houston... and yes Chicago. Denny Green wasn't bullshitting when he made those remarks about Chicago. They are very beatable. I was rooting for the fucking Cardinals thinking with the Bears come to our house, they'd be at least 8-1 and we'd be 7-2.

I enjoy this quote:

"Whether it was vanilla or not, the bottom line is it was some good vanilla," added linebacker LaVar Arrington. "It was some good vanilla ice cream."

Mr. Nickels is pretty damn funny.

:o

What's up man? Long time no see...

I love the quote too...

we didnt blitze much and we did come in from te edges.

its called containment and its textbook on how to play a guy like Vick.

you go man on man and contain him.

He is not a pocket passer so you keep him in the pocket. Blitxes are designed to flush him from the pocket and plays into Vicks strength