SportsWrath

Hmmm

NYSportsInFL

Should I start my boy Eli against the Falcons? The Falcons have not allowed a throwing TD this season...My other QB is Grossman and I got 2 on the bench Brad Johnson and Vince Young, but Johnson is on a bye...But Young is playing @ Washington...

Young against Washington's secondary would be tempting if I thought for a second that Young is going to have time to throw this weekend.

Washington was criticized pretty heavily during and after our game for not putting any pressure on Eli. Of course, it had to do with their lacking secondary and the fact that they chose to put more players into pass coverage as opposed to committing more to the pass rush. We all saw how well that worked. Something leads me to believe they'll take the other approach this weekend to see what happens. It could backfire tremendously though if Young can find time to throw either by the lack of a pass rush by Washington or an avoidance of the pass rush by Young's escapability.

Eli was one of 3 picks last night on NFL live for fantasy player of the year.

Yeah, they have a good DB in Deangelo, but I think Plax has a huge advantage (about 6 inches) in the red zone. Also, they're just not deep enough in the secondary to cover Toomer, Carter and Shock. Amani didnt get a TD last week, the GOAT is due. I think there's a good chance Eli will throw for 2+ TD's this week.

Eli was one of 3 picks last night on NFL live for fantasy player of the year.

Yeah, they have a good DB in Deangelo, but I think Plax has a huge advantage (about 6 inches) in the red zone. Also, they're just not deep enough in the secondary to cover Toomer, Carter and Shock. Amani didnt get a TD last week, the GOAT is due. I think there's a good chance Eli will throw for 2+ TD's this week.

don't play young. he's not ready. actually i don't think he'll ever be ready. i called him a bust coming out of college, and i'm sticking with it. i don't know why all the "experts" are so high on him. i'm not judging him by his nfl starts as of yet, i just don't see what all the hype was about. i personally, would have taken leinart or cutler over him as i think they will both have better nfl careers. eli may not have great stats this week, but there is a good chance he will still have a solid game. you can't count on that type of perfomance out of young, even if it is against washington.