SportsWrath

Former Giant News: Jake Ballard Retires

Mr. P

Tight end Jake Ballard, who started 13 regular-season games and three postseason games for the 2011 Giants, has retired from the NFL. Ballard tore an ACL during New York’s Super Bowl XLVI win over the Patriots.

“Yesterday I made the difficult decision to retire from the game of football,” Ballard said in a statement. “I love this game and have put my heart and soul into it for as long as I can remember. After sustaining a serious knee injury while playing for the New York Giants in the Super Bowl, my body never felt the same. Having a quality of life after football is very important to me and I have witnessed it taken away from others. I will miss the game tremendously, but I am ready for this next chapter in my life. It was an honor and a privilege to play for the NY Giants, New England Patriots, and most recently the Arizona Cardinals. I met amazing people from all of my teammates, to opponents, to trainers, to coaches, to owners, and everyone in between. I thank you for allowing me to be a part of your fraternity and I wish you all nothing but success.”
In 2012, the Giants waived Ballard, hoping to slide him through to injured reserve. The Patriots claimed Ballard on waivers.
The Patriots eventually released Ballard, and he appeared in eight games for the Cardinals last season, with three starts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/06/jake-ballard-retires-from-the-nfl/

I wonder if there is just something about playing New York Giants football that leaves players physically drained.

Wilson

Ballard

Smith

Nicks

Phillips

Giants just seem to spit players out.

I've heard Nicks might not even make the roster in Indy. I hope Beckham is not plagued by injury his whole four years in a Giants uniform like Nicks.

One of my favorite players from that team. Slow as anything, but knew how to run a route, knew how to find the hole in a zone, knew how to catch the ball, and played with everything he had.

Thanks for everything Jake.

-Z

One of my favorite players from that team. Slow as anything, but knew how to run a route, knew how to find the hole in a zone, knew how to catch the ball, and played with everything he had.

Thanks for everything Jake.

-Z

Geez, sorry hear about that. He gave it all for the Giants:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29PxOLG-VGk

LOL....its very noticeable in this vid......none of the DBs...and in many cases the LBs....wanted any part of tackling this guy.....the ones that would unload.....bounced.

Good Giant....love to have someone like him this season.

C. Wagno

LOL....its very noticeable in this vid......none of the DBs...and in many cases the LBs....wanted any part of tackling this guy.....the ones that would unload.....bounced.

Good Giant....love to have someone like him this season.

C. Wagno

Another thing... how the hell did that guy get open? He rounded off just about every route he ran.