SportsWrath

Adewale Ojomo

mastershake

Does he make the roster as our 4th DE? Do we possibly carry 5 DE?

1- He's done a tremendous job when given the opportunity in the pre-season.

2-He has a lot of vowels in his name, and Jerry Reese likes defenders with lots of vowels in their names (Kiwanuka, Umenyiora, Amukamara)

I've certainly changed my stance on him. Poor Adrian Tracy. Tracy didn't do anything to lose that spot except to get hurt and hence, have less opportunity to showcase himself. Ojomo has earned that spot. I came into tonight's game thinking Ojomo had a really great preseason and had probably earned himself on a job on another team... but after tonight, he put the icing on the cake. He should make this team, and I actually think it will be an upset if he doesn't at this point.

It's not just about that strip sack he had, either. How about that play early in the 4th where he was double-teamed, was being held, and took down the Patriots' ball carrier for a loss near their goal line? He just took those guys for a ride, grabbed the ball carrier, and Paysinger finished him off.

Hopefully Tracy won't be claimed and if we need him, we can pick him up later. I don't see room on the roster for both Ojomo and Tracy. But tonight, I have to flip flop my projection.

It's not just about that strip sack he had, either. How about that play early in the 4th where he was double-teamed, was being held, and took down the Patriots' ball carrier for a loss near their goal line? He just took those guys for a ride, grabbed the ball carrier, and Paysinger finished him off.

I was going to start a thread about that play. He proved right there he was more than just a "pure pass rusher", that he had the instincts and strength to be pretty damn great against the run too. I can't se how we could risk cutting him at this stage; he'll get claimed in minutes.

Because he'll get claimed almost immediately, it better to put him on the roster and save another guy on the PS. I don't think Hendricks qualifies for the PS after being on it for 2 years. Hendricks is another who could easily get snapped up after cuts. But maybe not as quickly as Ojomo.

Ojomo is a freakin animal - completely different style than JPP the animal. JPP is super-fast, athletic, and instinctively has a nose for the QB. Ojomo is like a bulldozer with arms like tree trunks and also has a nose for the ball. Nice compliment to each other.

Let not forget Ojomo was going against 2nd and 3rd teams... He's earned a spot on the team. But I want to see how he plays against some starters...

I was thinkin the same

Another gifted Giants DE with a fucked up name. I think it's destiny that he stays.

Never thought of it like that , but I like it. :TU: