SportsWrath

The Final Solution to the Zambrano Problem...

Blue Jeans

Heilman must be a part of the Mets' starting rotation.

Are we a better bullpen with Heilman in it?

Yes

Can Heilman be replaced in the bullpen?

Yes, Heath Bell can easily take the spot of Heilman in the bullpen which only slightly weakens it.

Are we a better starting rotation with Heilman in it over Zambrano?

Yes

It is then settled, we trade Zambrano for ANY baseball player prospect/ terrible veteren, what have you. Just get him off this team. We call up Heath Bell, who can be just as good if not better than a person like Pedro Feleciano in the pen, and we rid ourselves of the problem.

Starting Rotation...

Pedro Martinez

Thomas Glavine

Steve Trachsel

Aaron Heilman

Brian Bannister.

Now all we have to do is find a solution for Trax...

Edited by Blue_Jeans

I like Heath, but he can not easily replace Heilman. And what if Heilman fails in his campaign at starting? That could ruin our whole season if we do that and give up on him after a month, and move him back to the pen.

I'd rather just call someone up.

I like Heath, but he can not easily replace Heilman. And what if Heilman fails in his campaign at starting? That could ruin our whole season if we do that and give up on him after a month, and move him back to the pen.

I'd rather just call someone up.

You would rather call Lima up then give the job to a proven MLB pitcher who knows he can start in this league without problem? Good luck, GM.

Iriki isn't our answer either. If Zambrano goes, his fill in is Heilman or someone via-trade.

believe it or not, sanchez is our best reliever. Without heilman to protect sanchez, no way sanchez stays as effective as he is now. I guess we have to live and die by the human version of masturbation. zambrano shows brillance once in awhile, but in the end, you're just screwing yourself when you think that :(

You would rather call Lima up then give the job to a proven MLB pitcher who knows he can start in this league without problem? Good luck, GM.

Iriki isn't our answer either. If Zambrano goes, his fill in is Heilman or someone via-trade.

Are you referring to Heilman as a proven MLB pitcher? He hasn't done that much to prove so except pitch a couple very good games. He never really showed me any consistency as a starter.

And if Lima doesn't work, then we go to last resorts. We might as well give him a shot.

But, if Julio all of a sudden starts to pitch masterfully, then I could see Heilman moving to the rotation.

Are you referring to Heilman as a proven MLB pitcher? He hasn't done that much to prove so except pitch a couple very good games. He never really showed me any consistency as a starter.

And if Lima doesn't work, then we go to last resorts. We might as well give him a shot.

But, if Julio all of a sudden starts to pitch masterfully, then I could see Heilman moving to the rotation.

A former starter and second best reliever in the NL after the all-star break last year. I say that would prove that he gives us the best chance to win over Lima. No more experiments, I want the real thing. No games.

I don't think we ever gave Heilman enough time to be consistent. Usually pitchers start strong in the first 2 starts, then stumble a little, then settle in. At least thats the pattern I've seen. I don't think Heilman ever got comfortable enough to settle in.

A former starter and second best reliever in the NL after the all-star break last year. I say that would prove that he gives us the best chance to win over Lima. No more experiments, I want the real thing. No games.

Being the second best reliever after the All star break doesn't exactly help his resume.

And how did he do starting last year? He would be an experiment too.

______________W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR HBP BB SO

. A Heilman* NYM 2 3 4.71 7 7 1 1 0 0 42.0 38 22 22 5 1 13 34

7 games started really isn't enough to write him off as a solid starter. This guy definately has potential IMO.

Edited by mws44

______________W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR HBP BB SO

. A Heilman* NYM 2 3 4.71 7 7 1 1 0 0 42.0 38 22 22 5 1 13 34

7 games started really isn't enough to write him off as a solid starter. This guy definately has potential IMO.

Potential? Yes. But I don't want to mess with him too much. He's gone from starter to reliever to potential starter to reliever. Now we're going to bring him back as starter. It's a lot for him in his first few years and I don't want to tamper with that talent too much, especially since the only guy reliable after Sanchez would have to be Julio and Bell, who are unproven.

Potential? Yes. But I don't want to mess with him too much. He's gone from starter to reliever to potential starter to reliever. Now we're going to bring him back as starter. It's a lot for him in his first few years and I don't want to tamper with that talent too much, especially since the only guy reliable after Sanchez would have to be Julio and Bell, who are unproven.

That is the problem, who do you replace Heilman with to move him to starter. Not Zambrono, with how he walks batters you do not want him as your set up man... Is there someone in AAA who could step up, make Zambrono the long reliever/emergency starter.

I think Heilman has too much talent to just be a setup man, there is no way he will stick around after his current contract is up if all he does is pitch the 8th. (How many Set-up men are in the HoF or make the All-Star team?)

That is the problem, who do you replace Heilman with to move him to starter. Not Zambrono, with how he walks batters you do not want him as your set up man... Is there someone in AAA who could step up, make Zambrono the long reliever/emergency starter.

I think Heilman has too much talent to just be a setup man, there is no way he will stick around after his current contract is up if all he does is pitch the 8th. (How many Set-up men are in the HoF or make the All-Star team?)

That's the thing. We're pretty much stuck with Zambrano. Unless we want to call up Pelfrey prematurely, I don't see any other way we can really replace Zambrano.

I'm sorry but I think we need to keep Heilman in the pen.

That's the thing. We're pretty much stuck with Zambrano. Unless we want to call up Pelfrey prematurely, I don't see any other way we can really replace Zambrano.

I'm sorry but I think we need to keep Heilman in the pen.

Pelfry? WHOA. He's in Single A right now. HEATH BELL DESERVES TO BE ON A MAJOR LEAGUE ROSTER, HEILMAN WANTS TO BE A STARTER AND CAN BE IN THIS LEAGUE.

Trade Zambrano for anyone, a piece of dog shit for all I care he is worth nothing, cut him, something he's a cancer.

Edited by Blue_Jeans

Pelfry? WHOA. He's in Single A right now. HEATH BELL DESERVES TO BE ON A MAJOR LEAGUE ROSTER, HEILMAN WANTS TO BE A STARTER AND CAN BE IN THIS LEAGUE.

Trade Zambrano for anyone, a piece of dog shit for all I care he is worth nothing, cut him, something he's a cancer.

That's why I said prematurely if we were that desperate.

We have to keep Zambrano. I don't want to be moving around our roster too much and tamper with a career. Let him start fresh as a starter next year,.

Besides, if we cut Zambrano he'll somehow go to the As and become a 15 win pitcher. <_<

he has to start playing better or he will have 0 trade value.... Right now the Mets couldnt get some gum out of a pack of Tops for him.

Somehow he was traded for Kazmir, I'm sure we can trade him back for a bat boy/ pack of gum.

Somehow he was traded for Kazmir, I'm sure we can trade him back for a bat boy/ pack of gum.

I'm still trying to believe that...

No team will take Zambrano now. He has to be very, very good if he has trade value.

Why the love for Heath Bell? I don't remember him doing much of anything for the Mets. I agree we are in quite a predicament with VZ. While I continue to think Heilman deserves a chance to start, there really is no one to plug into his spot in the pen. The only posibility is getting some middle relief from a team thats desperate for a back of the rotation starter. Could happen right........guys?..........guys?

Lima blows, but at lest he throws strikes. I have never in my life seen a pitcher who gets ahead of more hitters only to proceed to walk them or give up homers. Its mind boggling.

THis man suck, bad trade, ripped off, lets move on!