SportsWrath

Ok I hate to say this

Nas

Please Note the Date of this thread... now go ahead and bust a nut jerking to it... thank you very much :jerkoff:

But maybe Carr is a better QB than Eli. Car never had the OL and the weapons Eli has had right? I still like Eli but damn...

Eli is the better Qb. Carr never really had a fare shot. Texans left him Shell Shocked. He still has a 3 second clock in his head to get rid of the ball from being sacked so many time. Had he had a oline I think he would be something like Rivers. Eli gave me a great SB win. Something i will never forget.

Upside? Carr has upside.... the upside of being able to competently move the offense and complete passes.

Jamarcus Russel and Ryan Leaf had upside. Perriloux is not a player that should sniff playing in a regular season game for at LEAST 2 years.

hahaha...Nas forgets that the Texans drafted Andre Johnson the year after they drafted David Carr.

LMAO at "Carr had no weapons"

Seriously Nas, please just stay in the politics section...and maybe when a Giant pulls a hamstring..you can tell us how he can fix it.

hahaha...Nas forgets that the Texans drafted Andre Johnson the year after they drafted David Carr.

Seriously Nas, please just stay in the politics section...and maybe when a Giant pulls a hamstring..you can tell us how he can fix it.

If Yoga was part of the strength and conditioning program there would be no reason to fix a hamstring.

Meet-the-yoga-dogs001-e1294485639786.jpg

Ah, to you this is personal it seems.. I mean don't just state your opinion, go on and talk about the person who created the thread... then go on to mention my critique of some players' conditioning.. completely ignoring the fact that up till last year I played football and soccer and basketball... arguably some of the sports requiring athleticism and endurance... can't that about golf.

Yes hamstring, quad, pectoral, and groin injuries can be GREATLY reduced with proper stretching, it's a FACT and it's from personal experience and from talking to Amani Toomer.

But back to the subject... truth is we will never know about Carr because he never had what Eli has.

from the NY Daily News this morning

Is it time to worry about Eli Manning?

The Giants quarterback is now a 30-year-old in the prime of his career, but he's playing fairly miserably this summer. He wasn't impressive at all in the first two preseason games, and it was more of the same last night as the Jets captured a lackluster17-3 victory over the Giants in what has been billed as the first MetLife Bowl at newly-named MetLife Stadium.

"I think everybody is ready to get to real games," Manning said afterward.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/easy_eli_has_real_hard_time_FgiDew26gfG8Nv0R5WLlpK#ixzz1WVuUCcsS

Thats the problem with the media and casual fans. They dont look at the game as a whole, just bits of it. Yes, Eli threw 2 picks, only 1 of which was really his fault. But he threw for 200 yds and alot of those passes looked crisp. Yes, he threw some lame ducks too, but its early and its preseason. We all know if this teams gonna hit steam, it aint in preseason, its later in the yr.

Now, with that said, Im not ready to give up on Eli, but he doesnt have much more time to tighten it all up. If he doesnt show improvement this yr, ill start waving the surrender flag.

Thats the problem with the media and casual fans. They dont look at the game as a whole, just bits of it. Yes, Eli threw 2 picks, only 1 of which was really his fault. But he threw for 200 yds and alot of those passes looked crisp. Yes, he threw some lame ducks too, but its early and its preseason. We all know if this teams gonna hit steam, it aint in preseason, its later in the yr.

Now, with that said, Im not ready to give up on Eli, but he doesnt have much more time to tighten it all up. If he doesnt show improvement this yr, ill start waving the surrender flag.

We put up 3 points on the board BB... 3 points. Yea we outplayed the Jets.. but lost the game. And this is not me giving up on Eli, he's still the best option we have anyway.. it's one of those.. damn can't he just work on those mechanics already? it's his 8th season for fuck's sake.

Easy now. Eli is working behind a new OL and without his #1 security blanket, Steve Smith and arguably, his #2 in Kevin Boss. That's a lot of new parts and with no mini camps, it will take some time to smooth out. I was actually pleased with the way we moved the ball on the Jets D for most of the first half. Obviously, those drives have to end in points but I think that will come.

Easy now. Eli is working behind a new OL and without his #1 security blanket, Steve Smith and arguably, his #2 in Kevin Boss. That's a lot of new parts and with no mini camps, it will take some time to smooth out. I was actually pleased with the way we moved the ball on the Jets D for most of the first half. Obviously, those drives have to end in points but I think that will come.

That's what I wanted to hear Gmen... It was just frustrating because it was "more of the same".. as in more of the same shit we saw when he had those #1 and #2. Ill advised throws and drives that stall etc.

Guest StrahansGap

This is easily one of the stupidest fucking threads I've ever read in my entire life.

I guess this beats my Eli bashing thread from last year....

That's what I wanted to hear Gmen... It was just frustrating because it was "more of the same".. as in more of the same shit we saw when he had those #1 and #2. Ill advised throws and drives that stall etc.

:unsure:

I said almost that exact same thing....lol

Yes, we put up only 3 points. Our red zone offense sucked. Eli made some bonehead throws. But he also made a few good ones. He threw for 200 yds in a half....WITH his mistakes. Clear up those mistakes and thats a phenomenal half of football.

Im not givin up on Eli, but Im not givin him much more time. <_<

Now you see, if everyone had just listened to the dog for the last 7 years, and accepted the fact that he is a solid starting QB who is very inconsistent, then outings like this would not seem as frustrating. the man was elevated to something he is not (at least to date) for several reasons. one, his name. two, the fact that so much was given up for him on draft day. and three, the defense-lead super bowl run in year 4, in which eli played solid football and for the only stretch of his career he played consistent, almost mistake free football.

now he is 7 years in, and by all accounts should be clicking on all cylinders. can he still be more than he has shown? sure. but at this stage in his career, the mistakes and lapses in judgement should not still be present, unless of course he is nothing more than a solid QB. plus he had better opportunities than most QBs coming into the league, which gives one cause for concern that he is at the stage in his development that he is. he has a very good defense for a majority of his 7 years. he has had a very good o-line for a majority of his 7 years. he has had the following weapons throughout his career: burress, shockey, toomer, barber, bradshaw, nicks, manningham, boss, smith. he has had the same coach and OC for all 7 years.

manning is a solid option as a starting QB. but what you saw the other night is what you have always gotten and will most likely always get from him. inconsistent performances that at times make you scratch your head and say, really, this is what we have, and at times makes you say, hey, we got a very good QB with a lot of potential...unfortunately, when you start getting into years 7 and beyond, the potential should be realized by then...