SportsWrath

3 Giants start camp

Lughead

August 2, 2009

Three start camp on PUP

By PAUL SCHWARTZ

ALBANY - It comes as no surorise that two Giants players, DT Fred Robbins and LB MIchael Boley - will start training camp on the Physically Unable to Perform list. A third, DT Rockey Bernard, was not expected to be on that list.

All three start camp on PUP. They do not count as roster exemptions and can be activated at any time.

Robbins is coming back from February micro-fracture knee surgery. He is able to run but not yet up to participating in practice. Boley this spring had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his hip and will miss all of training camp. Bernard during the spring mini-camp was sidelined with problems with his shoulder and hamstring. The shoulder issue has cleared up but the hamstring problem remains.

"The surprise is Bernard,'' Tom Coughlin said.

Also here is LIST OF INJURIES

going into training camp

The Daily News has prepped a handy list of the players who are injured heading into training camp. Take a look, but be warned, it’s not pretty:

OT William Beatty (hamstring)

TE Travis Beckum (hamstring)

DT Rocky Bernard (shoulder)

WR Taye Biddle (finger)

LB Chase Blackburn (hamstring)

LB Michael Boley (hip)

TE Kevin Boss (undisclosed)

RB Andre Brown (undisclosed)

S Steve Cargile (undisclosed)

DT Barry Cofield (knee)

CB Kevin Dockery (undisclosed)

WR Sinorice Moss (hamstring)

DT Fred Robbins (knee)

CB Aaron Ross (ankle)

LB Clint Sintim (hamstring)

WR David Tyree (hamstring)

DE Osi Umenyiora (knee)

TE Lee Vickers (undisclosed)

CB Corey Webster (shoulder)

How the hell are all these guys injured? It was OTA's...not full contact practice for crying out loud!

I wanna know why we bothered signing a free agent that wouldn't even be in camp and, including a game suspension, probably won't be ready to insert into the defense until week 6....Boley seems like a worse signing every day.

I wanna know why we bothered signing a free agent that wouldn't even be in camp and, including a game suspension, probably won't be ready to insert into the defense until week 6....Boley seems like a worse signing every day.

Boley's injury occured after he signed that contract.

When he was doing 12 oz curls? Or remote control curls?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that I read that Boley's injury was not supposed to affect his status for week 2, his first game eligible to play after serving his 1 game suspension.

I would agree with you.

If today was August 3rd, 2011 and Boley hasn't lived up to the "hype"... let's give the man a chance.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that I read that Boley's injury was not supposed to affect his status for week 2, his first game eligible to play after serving his 1 game suspension.

Still, that's missing all of training camp. As a free agent signing.

Still, that's missing all of training camp. As a free agent signing.

Boley is a vet, he'll be fine. As long as by week 2 he has his conditioning there, he will be a tremendous asset for the defense on the football field. He is a key player in our defense in 2009, I believe, for his superb coverage skills for a linebacker.

relax guys, you are all up in arms and its only the first day of camp....as long as he gets on the field come opening day and produces that is all that matters...lets stay calm here.

We signed the guy and he got suspended for the first game...I just hope it's not a sign of things to come. Being injured during the offseason....getting suspended. It just seems like a questionable signing.

We signed the guy and he got suspended for the first game...I just hope it's not a sign of things to come. Being injured during the offseason....getting suspended. It just seems like a questionable signing.

The Giants already admitted they knew about the incident plus possible suspension before they signed him, so they already knew he was going to be gone for a game or so. Plus it's not like Boley is the first player ever in Giants history to be injured during training camp, besides he'll be ready to go when week two hits.

People just like to make a big deal outta everything.

The Giants already admitted they knew about the incident plus possible suspension before they signed him, so they already knew he was going to be gone for a game or so. Plus it's not like Boley is the first player ever in Giants history to be injured during training camp, besides he'll be ready to go when week two hits.

People just like to make a big deal outta everything.

Sorry if I'm doubtful after such gem signings as Carlos Emmons and Lavar Arrington. Signed and injured ALL the time.